Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Artist Disappeared

Monky2405

Hi Mark,

I know this issue has been reported already, and I'm so sorry to post this again! 

I started a new game this morning, Now I want go back to it but each time I load it my artists roeaster is empty (even if I see the single charting). IN previous versions a re-load was all the game needed to fix this, but right now it seems lost! Also, on the my artists page I have all the options I can choose in the music world list, and now I am wondering if it was always like that...or if it is just me. lol

• Like 1

There you go Mark, please keep in mind this is not the save I was talking about last night, but a new one I had to make after the last one got "deleted" when I clicked on the "restore last back" button. The error occurred again. I'd like to take advantage to this post to say that this game started in 2021 but the first eurovision in game was dated 2013 and that one I tried to pick one artist from the database the list showed wrong ages, something like artists being "-6 years old, for example".

SavedGame.db SavedGame.r2s Temp.db

Edited by Monky2405

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Did you have a custom database at all?

58 minutes ago, Mark said:

Who were your artists?

In the save you have provided.

No custom database, just the real artist one. It was auditioned artist, called SoShy

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Artist name and solo or band?

One was Kelis, the other one was an auditioned and right now I can't remember the name!

23 minutes ago, Monky2405 said:

One was Kelis, the other one was an auditioned and right now I can't remember the name!

Had Kelis released anything?

25 minutes ago, Mark said:

Had Kelis released anything?

Yes, an album and a couple of singles, The album was called "Soulmate"

24 minutes ago, Mark said:

Also did you do anything significant, like renaming label etc?

No, not at all. Just started a game with a label I created from 0 while starting, and signed Kelis as she was unsingned

Hi @Mark, this issue occured again, but this time around it only affected my auditioned artist Tina Snow. She is not on my roaster (or in the game at all, but you can see her single charting #24 in the US singles charts. The other artists on my label, all real artists, are still there.

SavedGame.db SavedGame.r2s Temp.db

After a week I also got the email saying that her album production was complete and needed approval, in the mail there was not her name but just a blank space

This is what im trying to figure out. It makes me think you have hit a save problem. I have made a change in the next patch adding some code I removed believing I had addressed another way. This is around regional settings. What I would ask is when its out that you uninstall, delete the folder and reinstall.

8 hours ago, Mark said:

This is what im trying to figure out. It makes me think you have hit a save problem. I have made a change in the next patch adding some code I removed believing I had addressed another way. This is around regional settings. What I would ask is when its out that you uninstall, delete the folder and reinstall.

Perfect! I will!!

Actually I've got the same problem when I load a saved game my artists are gone and my band members do not appear on "Music world / Band Member"

Ok @Mark I just unistalled, deleted the folder and installed the new versionof the game. I'll let you know. Can I also take advantage od this post to ask what is the difference if I select the "turn on marketing for releases" at the start of the new game? I always wanted to ask but never did..and I probably missed the intel about it!

This should be automatically ticking those boxes asking for marketing to auto complete parts of the release. Same as clicking consult marketing.

And I hope your game runs ok as im not sure what is wrong otherwise.

What I would like to know if it happens again is.

Are retirements turned on?
What databse size did you select?
Any custom database?
Did you select a custom artist or start off with artist?
What did you last do before losing the artist?
Were they auditioned?

Would be good if you try a game without auditions and maybe one with. Cannot see how its linked but maybe.

3 hours ago, Mark said:

And I hope your game runs ok as im not sure what is wrong otherwise.

What I would like to know if it happens again is.

Are retirements turned on?
What databse size did you select?
Any custom database?
Did you select a custom artist or start off with artist?
What did you last do before losing the artist?
Were they auditioned?

Would be good if you try a game without auditions and maybe one with. Cannot see how its linked but maybe.

Hi Mark,

the issue seems to be fixed. I mean, I started a new game with no artists with the realartists database, choose the very large database option, auditioned an artist and when I re-opened the game it was all ok. My artist was still there. I did what you suggested last time, I unistalled the game before getting the lastest patch.

To answer your question about the issue I had:

Are retirements turned on? Yes! 
What databse size did you select? Large
Any custom database? Just rhe RealArtists one without any change
Did you select a custom artist or start off with artist? Once I started with not artist, another time I picked one from the database
What did you last do before losing the artist? Honestly, I can't remember, jus saved the game and closed it. When I reloaded the save the auditioned artists disappeared
Were they auditioned? Yes, they were! Once disappeared they were not on the music world anymore, but they were still charting. Artists on my roaster already on the database (such as Bebe Rexha etc.) did not disappear.

As I already said, now with this new version this did not happen anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have a folder called backup and a save in there too?

This makes no sense at all.

What country did you select for her country? Do you have an error log?

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Do you have a folder called backup and a save in there too?

This makes no sense at all.

What country did you select for her country? Do you have an error log?

I didn't have any of this! Anyway, I am already trying to reinstall the game deleting all the folders. I'll do the exact same thing I did this morning and I'll report it to you