Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Retiring or dead artists

Fairyboi

I was thinking when artists retire or they die, all data is deleted. It would be cool if we had the back catalogue so we can release greatest hits, re-release albums and singles.

Look at how much money was made after the death of Michael Jackson or Elvis.

Another cool feature could be buying the back catalogue of old artists, like the Beatles.

I'd say keep the dead artists' data in there, as well as having them on your roster, but remove the ability to make more music. If there's any music already made, you can still release them. With a dead artist having some music they haven't released, it should definitely boost the sales.

I feel like when a band member dies, it should have the same effect on sales with a solo artist dying: sales increase.

With catalogues being sent as "Off sale", and with streaming being a thing that's going to be introduced in 1.3 (possibly), buying catalogues of an artist should be negotiated with the label currently holding them DIRECTLY, as if you're buying the label out. Sony bought Michael Jackson's catalogue for $750M+, but that's because Sony acquired the Jackson estate's remaining stocks to a music catalogue Jackson was in an agreement to.

Nevertheless, this is Michael Jackson I'm talking about, and with other artists being brought into the mix, I feel like Mark should implement the ability to create new labels as subsidaries and have them be automated, with a less functional AI as the other labels, so your label shouldn't have a grip on the game entirely. With that being said, having the competitors having 100% functional AI and your new 'labels' (more like puppets) having a max number of artists in your newly created labels, with additional challenges as having a less functioning AI. That would be interesting.

N E K O Y A    R E C O R D   G R O U P

N e k o y a    R e c o r d s  |  M i t a m o y a    M u s i c  |  O u t r o v e r s e

©2019 Nekoya Records, a division of Nekoya Music Group