Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sales Statistics Error

MrDash

Go to solution Solved by Mark,

I just wanna highlight two issues in the sales statistics (Artists > Stats > Sales statistics).

1) I have released 14 singles so far but it said only 7 singles.

2) The total album sales per continent is completely wrong. So, the displayed total albums sold overall is wrong as well.

zxXeNSb.jpg

Edited by MrDash

I created a new game with the new patch v024.

There seems to be an error in the streaming numbers for singles here. The sales statistics is showing higher streaming sales than the actual figures (in the artist profile)

D6QwRs9.jpg

pzXiTjN.jpg

• Solution

ok I found an anomaly and have fixed this for next patch. Was due out today but now pushed back for Easte Sunday.

• Thanks 1

I can still see this in my game? Does this mean it wont fix past sales?

And also the "no. of singles" shown up there is correct for some artists but not for others.

Eg: They have only released 1 song, but its 2.

Edited by MrDash

This is what I see in the v025 update.

- My single "Tears of Rage" has 3 different sales totals going on.

1) Under "View single data" > "Total sales" = 306,953

2) Under "Stats" > "Single statistics" = 320,167

3) Under "Stats" > "Sales statistics" = 323,227

kmpU5U5.png

axcO3bk.png

JLzpYzZ.png

- However, the album sales are all equal and displaying correctly at all three places. 

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

Old data cannot be correct if thats what you mean. There is just no way I can do it.

Even if the single is still selling? I mean, it's not off sale yet.

If the single was on sale already at any point before the patch the data for that time is stored so cannot be edited (well without a massive amount of work) so any new data on top wouldnt correct the problem. If it was released after the patch it should be fine.

1 minute ago, Mark said:

If the single was on sale already at any point before the patch the data for that time is stored so cannot be edited (well without a massive amount of work) so any new data on top wouldnt correct the problem. If it was released after the patch it should be fine.

Okay I get what you mean ... another new game then lol.

I have an update here.

I have released another single after the patch. And the total sales for singles are still different at all 3 places?

Nevermind, I better start a new game and check again.

Edited by MrDash

So the problem is that one another relaese is added it will always be off right. Annoying as it is once sorted and I hope it now is I wont need to go near it again.

• Thanks 1

Okay so I completely removed the game and did a fresh installation and began a new game with v025.

I cross-checked the sales numbers for a pre-made single by Ed Sheran in the places mentioned previously, and now they are all showing the correct figures, including in the top release sales list under "Music World".

The ONLY part that isn't matching up with the rest of them is the Total Sales under "Stats" > "Single statistics". I even confirmed this with another artist, Lil Wayne.

I really hope that you can take another look at this area here.

Edited by MrDash