Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Streming Figures And Sales

Scotland2013

Hey Everyone 🙂

Ive been playing around with the number of streams to sales ratio to try and get the right balance of sales. I wanted to post here to let @Mark know and also get opinions from other people on the forum. I wanted to try and make the sales figures more realistic (as currently they are still quite high with streams). Ive found that adjusting the ratio of streams to sales by 150% gives a much better sales result that is more realistic (in my opinion).

So for example:

if a country has 150 streams to 1 sale (for singles). Ive times 150 by 150% to get a new streaming calculation of: 225 streams to 1 sale.

If a country has 1500 stream to 1 sale (for albums). Ive times 1500 by 150% to get a new streaming calculation of: 2250 streams to 1 sale.

I have only done this for Europe at the moment whilst I am testing it so it doesnt currently affect sales in other continents (but if other people agree that the new sales are good, I will change it for all other countries as well).

I found that this change makes the sales more realistic. For example, previous number 1 song sales in UK was between 120k and 180k. Now the sales are between 80k and 120k, with a majority being above 90k. This is a lot more realistic (please see picture 1 attached below for refrence to these #1 singles sales). The Official UK Charts data states that the average number 1 song in the UK in recent years has sold around 100k - 110k in a week, my new sales figures of 80-120k is  very realistic.

For albums, The Official UK Charts data states you need around 60k sales to get a number 1 album on the UK charts (on average). Before I made changes, albums were selling over 100k often. With my new changes number 1 albums in game sell around 45k-70k in a week (see picture 2 attatched below for more info on the #1 album sales). Again, this is alot more realistic. Therefore, I think this change works well and makes the sales in game more reflective of real life.

The 3rd picture refrences the UK Official Charts website where I got official/real infomation from.

As this new change seemed to make UK charts more realistic, Ive changed every country in Europe by the same percentage (to keep the uniformity between all of them) and it seems to improve all of the other European countries as well.

Ive attached the new database for anyone to try out and would love some people to give some feedback on if they also think it is accurate and realistic. If people think the new ratio works, ill change all worldwide countries and post the new database. Ive attached it as a normal file and as a compressed zipped file, both files are the same, I just didnt know what would be the best way to upload it, so I uploaded it twice 😂

(This new database also have the Brit Awards added to the game as well just as something a little extra 🙂)

Thanks Everyone 🙂 

image.thumb.png.71606309d706c28608f6edecc93d861d.png

image.thumb.png.424a83ffd89756e2609878c7d982cf85.png

image.thumb.png.e458249293f450960c9c29204b335797.png

RealArtists.db RealArtists.zip

Good to see it being similar to real world sales. But with these settings, it would take a very long time to get certified? Especially for multi-platinum and even diamond certifications. I like to break sales records but with these changes, I don't think my artist can achieve that lol. 

If I were to use your database, do I have to start a new game so that the new settings can take effect? Thanks.

26 minutes ago, MrDash said:

Good to see it being similar to real world sales. But with these settings, it would take a very long time to get certified? Especially for multi-platinum and even diamond certifications. I like to break sales records but with these changes, I don't think my artist can achieve that lol. 

If I were to use your database, do I have to start a new game so that the new settings can take effect? Thanks.

Yes, you would have to start a new game for the setting to take place. Ive found that songs in game never reach diamond anyway for countries like USA as they never get more than 10 mill sales in USA. Im sure they would still be albe to get the higher certifications in some smaller sale countries though 🙂 

Just now, Scotland2013 said:

Yes, you would have to start a new game for the setting to take place. Ive found that songs in game never reach diamond anyway for countries like USA as they never get more than 10 mill sales in USA. Im sure they would still be albe to get the higher certifications in some smaller sale countries though 🙂 

And for places like the UK, there isnt a Diamond Award anyway (there is in game but in real life there isnt such thing)

Yeah I wish there is something in the game, for example, songs going viral through TikTok or something and become the longest running number 1 song and get certified diamond in the end, as what's happening in today's world aka Old Town Road style.

Of course I can reach diamond in the USA by tweaking the editor settings but every other releases will be doing the same and I don't want that haha. There has to be some criteria where only the truly popular/viral ones get to reach these kinda milestones.

Maybe in future ...

1 hour ago, Scotland2013 said:

In the game editor. You go into country info and then it has options that you can change

thanks 🙂

Expect very big changes to the numbers in this next patch. The figures will be dropping with albums in particular.