Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Last Album Song Charts

Scotland2013

Go to solution Solved by Mark,

I know there was a thread for this but i cant find it so iv ejust created another one. Ive just downloaded the new update and im still getting this error so i assume it isnt fiexed. It does seem to be the last song on an album that seems to chart as a non single song. No others seem to chart. The Save for this is the same one as the one i sent in another thread regarding sales being made in countries where it wasnt on sale 🙂

@Mark please let me know if you need me to upload the save again (if you cant find it on the other thread)

That save should already be at the point of an album release so if you just release the non album song, you will encounter this error 🙂 

1 hour ago, Scotland2013 said:

When you release this single, the second last song then takes its place as a non album song. 

Yes exactly! I noticed this in my game too! 

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Could someone send me a save with this please.

https://easyupload.io/wrpfu3 R2S file

https://easyupload.io/vqz9h7 db file

I've got 4 such songs in the top 40 in this save. All are the last track on the album they are from.

(I had to use an upload site because the files are too big)

Just now, Scotland2013 said:

32 minutes ago, Mark said:

Could someone send me a save with this please.

He's the link for the save. You'll see a song called Who we are on the charts an non single song. If yoy then release that song as a single the next song from the bottom of the album will take its place

12 hours ago, Mark said:

Problem fixed for Fridays patch.

4 minutes ago, Scotland2013 said:

Great, does this mean that more than 1 album song will chart now, or still only 1?

And then if you decide to release the album song as a single, will i remain on the charts as a "non single song" until it becomes a single. For example, I have a song at number 6 on the charts but its not an single. Ive releassed it as a single in two weeks time. During those two weeks, it goes off the charts (as its now classed as a single and isnt released yet) and another song takes its place. With the bug fixed, does the non single song remain a "non single" right up until the release date as a single (so the two weeks it normally drops off the charts, will it reamain on the charts). 

You will see some changes in both albums and singles.

You can see multiple tracks form an album but id be very surprised if you saw more than 2/3 max.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark said:

You will see some changes in both albums and singles.

You can see multiple tracks form an album but id be very surprised if you saw more than 2/3 max.

Actually, I'm expecting more than 3 album tracks to debut and stay in the charts since my albums usually get high streams and can chart on streaming alone without physical and digital sales. But we shall see how it goes.

Edited by MrDash

15 hours ago, Mark said:

The sales numbers have changed in this coming version.

Not that I'm complaining, but now I have up to 7 album tracks charting in certain North American countries lol. But I like it that way cause it seemed realistic. 

At the North American Singles & Albums chart, if you scroll down the list of countries, there is North American continent mistakenly displayed right at the bottom. I hope you can remove it.

And for the Asian Singles and Albums chart, the list is missing data for the bottom 7 countries (Jordan to Kuwait.)

Lets see how it goes and I can make more changes for Mondays patch.

So the question around how many tracks. Im surprised 7 are but this is where I think I have to do more work on smaller countries.

• Like 1

So turns out that Asian charting issue has existed for a while, I guess people just dont care about those countries lol

Sorted for mondays patch.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mark said:

Lets see how it goes and I can make more changes for Mondays patch.

So the question around how many tracks. Im surprised 7 are but this is where I think I have to do more work on smaller countries.

During the second week after my album release, Mysterious Love, 10/12 of the album tracks appear within the top 30 position of the US charts.

1axq6Xo.png

eWllSmo.png

PzQxySm.png

Issues here:

1. The current position and peak position is not accurate for all of the album tracks.

2. The song Mysterious Love was released as a single a few months before the release of the album. So, here there are two versions of the song charting in the top 10. However, the single version is missing the data on CD and digital sales (only streaming is shown under the details section).

3. The single, My Limit, which is number 1 in the charts was released during the same time as the album release. So, I guess the streams and sales for that song are merged with the album version? Cause I noticed that there is no album version of this song in the charts.

4. When I click on the details of these album tracks, there song name/album name becomes stuck and starting to show the same name for all songs in the charts. Album names also appear wrongly in these songs.

Edited by MrDash

Im assuming you have a very good album there, very high ratings? There has to be extreme examples allowed. You have 100 rep, great release. Good promotion, hype etc its going to push the real higher limits of success.

Yeah aware of positions problem, its just not refreshing properly, thats been taken care of just now in my next build.

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

Im assuming you have a very good album there, very high ratings? There has to be extreme examples allowed. You have 100 rep, great release. Good promotion, hype etc its going to push the real higher limits of success.

Yeah aware of positions problem, its just not refreshing properly, thats been taken care of just now in my next build.

Yes the album has great ratings. Only some adjustments are needed in the song details area as the emergence of album tracks messed up the display again lol. But I hope the CD and digital sales info for singles with the same name as album tracks are shown.

Ive so far made two more adjusts to try and balance this out a bit.

Reduced the top end sales figures, reduced the reduction rate slightly to compensate that so to not reduce total sales so much. I have also slightly increased how long the releases stay on release.

Im trying to get the sweat spot but still allow truely great releases to do well.

Ive also made writing harder now as well to stop it being so easy to get great releases and also same for when producing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mark said:

Ive so far made two more adjusts to try and balance this out a bit.

Reduced the top end sales figures, reduced the reduction rate slightly to compensate that so to not reduce total sales so much. I have also slightly increased how long the releases stay on release.

Im trying to get the sweat spot but still allow truely great releases to do well.

Ive also made writing harder now as well to stop it being so easy to get great releases and also same for when producing.

For you information, there are more album tracks in the singles chart now than before lol. In my game, for example, the US singles chart has around 50-60 album tracks (more than 50%). I think this should be tweaked as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrDash said:

For you information, there are more album tracks in the singles chart now than before lol. In my game, for example, the US singles chart has around 50-60 album tracks (more than 50%). I think this should be tweaked as well.

My game had this too...