Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Year End Charts

Truthhurtsjuice

If I have a song that sells 500k in one year and 1-2 million the next year it does not appear to be on the 2nd year end chart. 

Basically, I'm trying to say that my songs that blow up at the end of the year and are successful during the beginning of a new year, they never get on the 2nd year end chart.

I do not know if that makes sense, but yeah...my songs that are divided between 2 years are only one 1 year end chart and not 2, when it should be two. 

Interesting point. So what should happen is.

A list is kept up to 1st Jan then its wipe but once again new items are added so in theory if a song if still in the charts it should be in that list HOWEVER only the figures for THAT year.

So 2020 my song sells 10m and finishes top
in 2021 it only sold 250k so it doesnt appear.

Considering that is there still an issue?

35 minutes ago, Mark said:

Interesting point. So what should happen is.

A list is kept up to 1st Jan then its wipe but once again new items are added so in theory if a song if still in the charts it should be in that list HOWEVER only the figures for THAT year.

So 2020 my song sells 10m and finishes top
in 2021 it only sold 250k so it doesnt appear.

Considering that is there still an issue?

So youre saying if a song sells 5 million one year and 5 million the next it should appear on the year end?

11 minutes ago, Truthhurtsjuice said:

So youre saying if a song sells 5 million one year and 5 million the next it should appear on the year end?

If it sells enough in the year it should yeah.

• Like 1