Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Update sales figures

JMenny

A lot of countries' max sales are capped at 100,000 or even 750. United States, known for their music and its sales to the artists selling there, is capped at 250,000 for singles and 350,000 for albums. It is unrealistic when most #1 albums surpass 350,000 in the US and singles in the US are surpassing 300,000 sold units a week.

Not only the US, but South Korea, Japan, and China are HUGE music markets in Asia, with South Korea's best-selling band BTS selling over 2,000,000 units in South Korea. Countries should receive higher max sales for the original database, because while it is not much of a problem, it can ruin the realism of the game.

N E K O Y A    R E C O R D   G R O U P

N e k o y a    R e c o r d s  |  M i t a m o y a    M u s i c  |  O u t r o v e r s e

©2019 Nekoya Records, a division of Nekoya Music Group

That's maybe why any of the albums or singles in my game couldn't reach higher certifications in some of the countries.

I think that when version 1.3 will come out, the sales will be more realistic.

By the way, what will happen if you set the max sales to 9999999 in every country? Are the sales gonna be really high and not realistic?

Unfortunately, setting it to that number would probably break the game, if not, run much slower. I talked about this on an earlier post of mine, which also shows you how to edit it.

Think of it as this way: if the max number of singles/albums are at 500,000 , the game would have most debuting singles/albums chart near that number, depending on the artist's reputation. Every now and then, when an artist with a high reputation heavily promotes a new release, their debuting sales have a chance at passing that 500,000 limit (which very well can be a bug).

So, looking back at your question, it would be realistic to look at the sales figures of today and set it to around there, but to 9 million? Then again, you can create your own database and see for yourself how it can turn out, but be sure to make a copy in case you forget how to get back into the editor.

N E K O Y A    R E C O R D   G R O U P

N e k o y a    R e c o r d s  |  M i t a m o y a    M u s i c  |  O u t r o v e r s e

©2019 Nekoya Records, a division of Nekoya Music Group

I didn't think about it breaking the game. In this case, it's very tricky to make the sales as realistic as posible.

There are songs selling over 1 million copies in a week in the US (rarely), and setting the max to 1M will make it very common for songs to sell 1 million copies so that's unfortunate, unless there's a way to make it very rare.

I really hope that streaming will make it more realistic.

A lot of countries' max sales are capped at 100,000 or even 750. United States, known for their music and its sales to the artists selling there, is capped at 250,000 for singles and 350,000 for albums. It is unrealistic when most #1 albums surpass 350,000 in the US and singles in the US are surpassing 300,000 sold units a week.

Not only the US, but South Korea, Japan, and China are HUGE music markets in Asia, with South Korea's best-selling band BTS selling over 2,000,000 units in South Korea. Countries should receive higher max sales for the original database, because while it is not much of a problem, it can ruin the realism of the game.

Its not a hard cap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to be clear the game has no hard cap at all. Any figures listed are guides but the game does a lot with those numbers.