Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Suggestions

Meole

I would like to start off by saying thank you so much for this amazing game. I have logged an easy 1000 hours on it and I love playing. So here are some things I would like added. Some of these might be harder to add then I think but these are my suggestions.

Training

Companies would be able to train newly created artists such as live ability before the artists debuts.

Signing Artists Found Through Auditions Until Ready

This is similar to training. Companies would be able to sign multiple artists found through auditions and will be able to create a band after increasing each one's stats.

Bigger Bands

Combining Artists

Companies would be able to combines two or more solo artists for a new band.

Band Solos

Companies would be able to promote/release music for band members sololy.

Company Websites/Promotion

Companies would be able to create websites to promote their artists on. They would also be able to recieve continous auditions through the website.

Ability to Start A Show or Radio

Instagram, Weibo

Promotion When You Buy Artist Things

Artists would gain popularity and or fans when they get jewelry or a car.

Decrease of Artist Mood

Currently, my artist's mood doesn't decrease. I didn't do anything with an artist for 3 years and his mood stayed extremely happy.

Increased Fans and/or Hype of New Artists Created Through Auditions

If a company already has popular artists and/or a good reputation, newly created artists would start off with a boosted reputation and/or followers.

Controversies/Scandals

Artists could get into scandals and/or their music could cause controversies. This could affect them positively or negatively like a large decrease in followers.

Video Themes/Content Affects Success

Themes to videos like sexy or fantasy. Similar to the current choices but a bit different. Content of video would also affect the views.

Music Shows

Promotional shows where artists perform their songs.  This would make it so that artist's can promote their singles by performing without booking full tours. Maybe an option for mini tours. Maybe Korean shows Inkigayo or Music Bank for reference.

Promotion Period

A set period where an artist constantly promotes their song. Maybe an extra increase in sales.

Lawsuits

Plagiarism

Attaching Albums to Tours

More Ways For Reputation to Increase

Things like viral videos or memes.

Thanks!

Directed to Mark more than Meole

Training

Companies would be able to train newly created artists such as live ability before the artists debuts.

You're able to do this. Live ability is increased through experience in tours. The more tours they have, the faster their live ability increases. I understand what you're saying, but it would be a bit of a hastle going through compulsory training after every audition, when you can train them already through Artist Coaching or training a new role.

Combining Artists

Companies would be able to combines two or more solo artists for a new band.

I agree, and have this be a player-only action. If not, have creating new bands be very difficult and require many conditions between the artists involve, relationships (Artist relationships), mutual relationships, same genre, and similar stats overall.

Band Solos

Companies would be able to promote/release music for band members sololy.

Goes back to combining artists: have it be a player-only action. It would decrease workload and be less complicated to code.

Company Websites/Promotion

Companies would be able to create websites to promote their artists on. They would also be able to recieve continous auditions through the website.

[...]

Instagram, Weibo

This can be done through additional buttons in marketing. I also feel like the promotion and marketing apect of single/album releases is very simplistic and OP when your label becomes financially well-off. This should be included in the revamp of the 1.2 update.

Ability to Start A Show or Radio

This shouldn't be a good idea. Since you would be given the chance to make a radio, it would be for every label as well. It adds more flavor, but becomes a hastle when there's 3 and 4 radio shows run by the same label, and amplified by 40 labels in the database. It would mean more opportunities, but could be frustrating to code, especially with AI.

Promotion When You Buy Artist Things

Artists would gain popularity and or fans when they get jewelry or a car.

This could work with hype and Instagram/Twitter follower increase.

Controversies/Scandals

Artists could get into scandals and/or their music could cause controversies. This could affect them positively or negatively like a large decrease in followers.

Video Themes/Content Affects Success

Themes to videos like sexy or fantasy. Similar to the current choices but a bit different. Content of video would also affect the views.

Again, would function with hype, and follower count. The Content Affects Success themes would work if there's sexual or explicit content based from the music video choices when picking a Concept Video. This could also work if there's sexual words or slurs in the song title, and could work the same way as picking a concept video, voiding what the video is about.

Music Shows

Promotional shows where artists perform their songs.  This would make it so that artist's can promote their singles by performing without booking full tours. Maybe an option for mini tours. Maybe Korean shows Inkigayo or Music Bank for reference.

There's award shows that do this. Maybe what you're trying to say is expanding the performances when artists do in award shows and TV appearances? If so, then it would work as an entire sub section such as X Factor or State of Dance, and ranks performances 0 - 100, outside or inside the stage they would theoretically have.

Promotion Period

A set period where an artist constantly promotes their song. Maybe an extra increase in sales.

This can work with the energy status. By using the hiatus function, you can set them in a hiatus to have them in "promotion", which would increase hype of a song/album and sales, at the expense of their energy and tour practice.

Lawsuits

This is really interesting. The scenario I imagine is when an artist releases a single that was written by another artist, and an event where the artist that wrote the single didn't "clear" it, and would involve the labels the artists involved in a lawsuit pushed by the songwriter. There would be a possibility function whether each label would be lying or not, and whether in court who would be favored over the other. The one that loses the court battle would have to pay songwriting credits. The penalty could be worse by a random chance factor, whether the label has to pay minimum 30% to 50% of raw income from the single, which can be inputted by another possibility function.

N E K O Y A    R E C O R D   G R O U P

N e k o y a    R e c o r d s  |  M i t a m o y a    M u s i c  |  O u t r o v e r s e

©2019 Nekoya Records, a division of Nekoya Music Group