Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Some Suggestions

Fairyboi

Chart life

This is where many disagree, some wants realistic performance, where artists are limited for a limited popularity. Others want predictability and hits for decades. 

Personally, I like limited popularity, that means some artists are no longer relevant. It's funny seeing some 70 or 80 act still getting top 5's,

My suggestion is to use the three things already set up

Legend.. could be where an artist could have decades of hits and be relevant. This is like Madonna did and Mick Jagger,

Superstar... This could be the ones that have a longer chart life than their genre allows.

The rest is determined by the genre they have. Teen pop artists usually do not last as long as Rock Genre. 

Of course, all artists could be allowed a comeback!

This may be impossible to script, but it is a suggestion.

People can use the editor to decide what their artists are

News

I have 3 ideas for news.

One is that some artists could be given a news challenge. It could be they stole music from someone, or are on drugs, or hit someone. There can general options that an artist gives... like ignore it, use spin, Admit it, deny it. These answers will affect the popularity

The second is the ability to hold press conferences. This can be to announce a new single, album, tour, or maybe support some charity or give a political statement. This will effect popularity.

The last is general news. it can be overall new if someone broke a record, like the highest selling album, tour or single. It can also tell if someone flopped. Plus the results from news challenges and press conferences

• 3 weeks later...

First part. Legend is to be used for another reason, ill try my best to get in for 1.3 as I think its a cool little feature.

The problem here is what people expect. If Beyonce is not always topping the chart even 5 years in then its a broken game. That is the single most restricting and frustrating part of making this genre. So much more than you can imagine goes into the sales code to try and please all and ultimately it doesnt act as realistic as I would have liked.

Right now im thinking of events that will drigger a dramatic decline in an artists popularity and thus sales but this will prove controversial.

The 3 new ideas are all cool I like them!

• 2 weeks later...

First part. Legend is to be used for another reason, ill try my best to get in for 1.3 as I think its a cool little feature.

The problem here is what people expect. If Beyonce is not always topping the chart even 5 years in then its a broken game. That is the single most restricting and frustrating part of making this genre. So much more than you can imagine goes into the sales code to try and please all and ultimately it doesnt act as realistic as I would have liked.

Right now im thinking of events that will drigger a dramatic decline in an artists popularity and thus sales but this will prove controversial.

The 3 new ideas are all cool I like them!

I think you can solve the problem of sales by using the levels of difficulty

Easy will be hits for 100 years

Hard will be the more realistic....

More suggestions

Time Between Albums Side projects

The problem I have is it seems the game like releasing one album, then another, so my artists release one a year. This may be good at the beginning of a career, but as the career goes no, there is less of a need. IRL we see artists releasing many albums at the beginning, but later releases one ever 2-3 years

It would be cool if we could give them a reason for a hiatus. it could also be a side project like doing a film, writing a book etc