Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

tours effect on sales

cdidman

Another little thing I'm looking at right now is the effect on sales when an artist goes on tour.  I'm pretty sure, besides they are big money makers, a reason to go on tour is to promote your songs and albums that are on the market or soon to be on the market.  I've been to a concert and been with guys that look up a song an artist is performing live and buy the song from itunes or whatever.  In Road 2 Success, I see no bump up in sales for any artist on tour, no singles increase in sales and no albums sale increase.

Is there supposed to be an effect on sales for tours?  If so, I don't think, in my estimate, that it's working.

You know what would be nice? If when we start prep a tour there was an option to select an album to promote on tour, that way the selected album would have more longevity on charts around the world.

It's a nice and clean way to do it

• 4 months later...

It shouldn’t have too much of an effect though. Maybe small increases if your tour is doing well...Now days, albums and singles are released to promote tours since that is where the money is made in these times. Right now touring isn’t really about promoting your music that is already released. But it would be cool to promote a specific album while touring.

I advocate this. With streaming that may or may not be introduced in the new R2S update, the bump in sales should be more towards pure sales than streams, since tours do make more money with pure sales as well as merchandising, let alone tickets.

N E K O Y A    R E C O R D   G R O U P

N e k o y a    R e c o r d s  |  M i t a m o y a    M u s i c  |  O u t r o v e r s e

©2019 Nekoya Records, a division of Nekoya Music Group