Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Editor Bug

Guest marco999

Guest marco999

This issue doesn't really bother me as I'm editing the default real artists database, but I realised that the editor doesn't correctly save changes made to a custom, created database, no matter if you're in administrator mode.

At first, I thought that I would copy the real artists database that comes with the game and simply create another database for my mod, but when I tried to edit anything, from labels to sponsors, it didn't save when I went to check in my new game using my custom database and when I tried to reopen it with the editor, it didn't save either. I correctly saved the five times I tried, so that's why I think there's an issue with that.

As I said, this doesn't really bother me, because I'm editing directly on the default database, but some people could try to do a custom database and it will not work.

****I'm sorry if I seemed rude in my previous posts about the artists, if it looked like, I'm incredibly sorry, as I'm French Canadian and sometimes I may have chosen the wrong word when trying to express myself. After all, English is only a second language to me :) ****

Guest thaynebrown

This happened to me too across a few different computers.

I copied and renamed the database to a custom however when I made changes it changed the REAL database anyway.

Not the custom database.

That could have been your problem since it was mine on 2 different systems.

Guest marco999

Importing data from the Real Artists database to a custom database also doesn't work.

What I noticed while importing, is that it only saves, on your custom database, things you entirely created, but if you edit something that already exists it doesn't.

Exemple : I created a Canadian talk show and its host, both were on my custom database after importation, it was new data. I also created Jimmy Kimmel, he's new data, so the importation worked, but his contract to his show didn't work, because I was editing data that already exists in the Real Artists database.

Hope it helps.

Guest marco999

Importing data from the Real Artists database to a custom database also doesn't work.

What I noticed while importing, is that it only saves, on your custom database, things you entirely created, but if you edit something that already exists it doesn't.

Exemple : I created a Canadian talk show and its host, both were on my custom database after importation, it was new data. I also created Jimmy Kimmel, he's new data, so the importation worked, but his contract to his show didn't work, because I was editing data that already exists in the Real Artists database.

Hope it helps.

I just checked again and noticed that everything was there, but two-times. Two Jimmy Kimmel, two Jimmy Kimmel Show and basically two of everything I edited that was already in the Real Artists database. Not sure that's a bug.