Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Game isn’t loading

iblamejay

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It cannot be.

AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory

The game is thinking your basedirectory is c:\users\mohin\Downloads\

Can you try installing the game again and making sure it installs to the Program Files(x86) folder. Run the exe from there and see if works.

Thats normal windows bahaviour. Basically when you run the installer without admin rights on your account it wont install it correctly.

Ive attached a quck app I wrote (code below) which will msgbox you the base.

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

MsgBox(AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory)

End Sub

Just place in game directory and run.

Can you check and make sure there is not a game directory in your downloads folder too.

When you ran the install did you right click and select as administrator?

If this doesnt work ill make a custom exe to spit out where it thinks the database is.

My idea is it is mixed up. If you account does not have admin rights then uninstall and reinstall with admin rights. TO do this, uninstall, delete folder. Then right click the setup and select run as administrator.

If that doesnt work

http://www.theroad2success.co.uk/Game/Updates/Files/Road2Success.exe

This will write the details in the errorlog.

Its ok, I will just find a way. Thanks for staying up so long. I really appreciate the help. I will just reset my computer or something

You dont need to reset your computer. I just tried with a non admin account and worked when put in admin password. There has to be another reason. Let me try one more exe file

Hi, after being investigating for a while, I noticed that when I try to locate a database, they will not appear because the game is actually looking for .r2s files, could it be the problem? that the game can't find the db? here's a screenshot.

Hi, after being investigating for a while, I noticed that when I try to locate a database, they will not appear because the game is actually looking for .r2s files, could it be the problem? that the game can't find the db? here's a screenshot.

This is just the filter for the file locate.

The Exe i have uploaed will write some locations into the errorlog when starting a new game.

Yes I replaced it in the game folder

Wasnt anymore there? Did the text file go further down?

Can you now try

http://www.theroad2success.co.uk/Game/Updates/Road2Success.exe

I am going to bed now but if you can try this one it might work. I will pick this up again in the morning as its nearly 3am!

To get it to work, all you had to do was use the exe you posted? I’ve tried it on my computer but it’s just stuck at “Loading New Database”

No no just testing. This is the replace the one install. Ive just posted a new one above which you can try.