Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Choosing what artists you want

blonded

Hello I want to know how do I get to choose my artists at the start of the game? I want my roster to be nicki minaj, rihanna, ariana, drake, dua lipa, taylor swift and the weeknd, but I don't know how to manually choose them. @Mark @melocarma

1 minute ago, blonded said:

Hello I want to know how do I get to choose my artists at the start of the game? I want my roster to be nicki minaj, rihanna, ariana, drake, dua lipa, taylor swift and the weeknd, but I don't know how to manually choose them. @Mark @melocarma

When setting up your game there is a tick box that says start with artists. From memory, its on the part where your selecting your label name and genre. Hope this helps 🙂

Just now, Scotland2013 said:

When setting up your game there is a tick box that says start with artists. From memory, its on the part where your selecting your label name and genre. Hope this helps 🙂

I tried to enter my label's name under their contract info and it wouldn't appear 😕

6 minutes ago, Scotland2013 said:

I'm just loading the game now so give me a second 

In this section when creating a game, you are able to start off with 1 customised artist or a artist already in the databaseimage.thumb.png.48b31b7e5fd809cdbad8d3993ae419bf.pngIn

If you want multiple, you could use the editor (which you can access via the vert starting page of the game).

When it it you can select a label (or create a new one) and assign the artists to the label. Then when in the game creator section (as above) you just select the label you have put all the artists on)

image.thumb.png.e56f2021fa24f225cc542a5ec2c5f201.png

image.thumb.png.3cb162ba8a34445785b0af24d6f29120.png

5 minutes ago, Scotland2013 said:

If you want multiple, you could use the editor (which you can access via the vert starting page of the game).

When it it you can select a label (or create a new one) and assign the artists to the label. Then when in the game creator section (as above) you just select the label you have put all the artists on)

image.thumb.png.e56f2021fa24f225cc542a5ec2c5f201.png

image.thumb.png.3cb162ba8a34445785b0af24d6f29120.png

3 minutes ago, blonded said:

So I can only choose 1 artist?

This is the editor way to get multiple artists

5 minutes ago, Scotland2013 said:

If you need help, im happy to explain to you how to use the editor and add the artists you want 🙂

Yea i'm confused because my custom label won't start with the artists when I start a new game

6 minutes ago, blonded said:

Yea i'm confused because my custom label won't start with the artists when I start a new game

1) go on the game editor

image.thumb.png.416fb3b0b4b5a84dadee78f2b90e03d6.png

2) Click load database and click the dropdown and select real artists then click the big blue box that says load

image.thumb.png.7eedee9c43360a804fb3b408e883befe.png

image.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scotland2013 said:

1) go on the game editor

image.thumb.png.416fb3b0b4b5a84dadee78f2b90e03d6.png

2) Click load database and click the dropdown and select real artists then click the big blue box that says load

image.thumb.png.7eedee9c43360a804fb3b408e883befe.png

image.png

Wait quick question cause I see you have realartists.db too, I chose this database and I only want these artists to be in the game but the game added more people that I never even had in the realartists.db? 

In the first picture those are the people that the game added and in the first I'm in the editor, I didn't want any of those people in there so why are they still in there?

why.png

why2.png

Ive done it for you as its a little hard to explain. So download this database and add it to you files. You need to find the road to sucess folder in your files (yours may not say beta) and then the game files folder which is inside it. Save the attached database to there. (make sure you unzip it when its in the correct place). Then load the game as normal and locate the "real artist blonded" database when setting up your game (the second picture). then select the Blonded Records (as seen in third picture) you should then be able to play with all the artist you wanted.

image.thumb.png.277088989530ca3e8fcbd557f65c3a0d.png 

image.thumb.png.bfef4429dbf26c3702bd9bb6b9eb321f.png

image.thumb.png.c5d516585443009d6e8a06549fd66563.png

323653075_RealArtistsBlonded.zip

Do you know if there's a way to be able to play with just the artists that I want? Because that's my problem I just want certain artists not these random people.

Like here, I just want Adam Lambert - Azealia Banks for the artists whose names start with an A, but when I load the game they put so many other artists that I've never asked for even though I changed the editor. I just don't understand why they did that

why.png.930a78b1b641f6587b8be3a2d597786a.pngwhy2.png.0a7929aed98509e8a3294fd907b1d033.png

Just now, Scotland2013 said:

Is the picture on the left of the labels artists or just all the artists in general?

the left is just labels in general but i dont want them in my game

Just now, blonded said:

They are the artists that are in the game, they will be on different labels, they are not all on your label. Is this what you mean?

1 minute ago, Scotland2013 said:

They are the artists that are in the game, they will be on different labels, they are not all on your label. Is this what you mean?

2 minutes ago, blonded said:

You can delete them in the editor, select the artists you want and then the delete button is on the bottom left of the editor. This will delete them from the database. Then dont forget to save the database before you exit. But over time, new artists are randomly generated in the game.

2 minutes ago, Scotland2013 said:

yes but i dont want them in my game is there a way to kick them off? because they're not even selected in the editor

1 minute ago, Scotland2013 said:

You can delete them in the editor, select the artists you want and then the delete button is on the bottom left of the editor. This will delete them from the database. Then dont forget to save the database before you exit. But over time, new artists are randomly generated in the game.

1 minute ago, blonded said:

yes but i dont want them in my game is there a way to kick them off? because they're not even selected in the editor

Just tried to do it again in a new game, and I'm trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.... I chose the real artists db which has only the artists that I prefer, but when I actually get into the game it still shows people that I didn't have approved in the editor....

butwhy.png

butwhy2.png

Just now, blonded said:

Just tried to do it again in a new game, and I'm trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.... I chose the real artists db which has only the artists that I prefer, but when I actually get into the game it still shows people that I didn't have approved in the editor....

butwhy.pngbutwhy2.png

But these are the only artists that I chose in there, for example Alonzo Labbe and Alessandra Hilpert (who?) are not even in my editor so why are they in the game?

why2.png.0a7929aed98509e8a3294fd907b1d033.png

15 minutes ago, blonded said:

But these are the only artists that I chose in there, for example Alonzo Labbe and Alessandra Hilpert (who?) are not even in my editor so why are they in the game?

why2.png.0a7929aed98509e8a3294fd907b1d033.png

I'll pass this onto @Mark as it may be a bug. But new artists are randomly generated all the time throughout the game, so they may have just been generated upon starting the game.

• Like 1

Any artists/band etc that isnt in the editor was randomly generated to fill up the game world.

If you have a database of 1200 artists and you only have 200 in the editor the game will make 1000 and try and spread them out across genres, demographics etc.

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

Any artists/band etc that isnt in the editor was randomly generated to fill up the game world.

If you have a database of 1200 artists and you only have 200 in the editor the game will make 1000 and try and spread them out across genres, demographics etc.

Do we have to have 1200 artists?