Jump to content

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Radio Airplay Chart


 Share
Followers 0

Recommended Posts

Mainstream Top 40

-Any song as long as it is popular can chart

-Stability meaning songs can have a lot of weeks at #1 and spend a lot of weeks in the top ten. Songs cant freefall fast all the time

-Has the highest impressions out of any format ex at least up to 80M

Adult Contemporary 

-Only ballads chart on this format

-Audience impressions can go as high as to 50M

R&B/Hip Hop Airplay

-Rap, R&B, and Hip Hop Panel impressions can go up to 40M-50M 

Rhythmic Top 40

- Dance, Pop, mainly Hip Hop, Rap and R&B songs chart

Radio Songs

-Combines all audience impressions of every format

-Calculated into the chart positions on the official charts

-All time artist list showing culmative impressions

-All time song/Year/decade end list showing songs with most audience impressions for that year/all time/decade

-Stability 

 

 

Overall:

-Songs positions are ranked on spins

-End of year/decade/all time report shows most played songs of that format

-Stability, songs can spend many weeks at #1

-You can use payola or pay radio stations to spin your songs more

-Songs debut towards the bottom

-There is a all time artist list based on collective spins

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

an exemplo of radio airplay chart (audience in millions) as Truthhurtsjuice said up there

hope to see something like that in the game someday

image.png.2aede05dfeb68e5df356fedddd0ac698.png

image.png.7b3f45fa2e920966268d89a57b2bcc67.png

image.png.1d714e98265e26e60f2b5fdc97e314c7.png

image.png.499e5e1107865284c26b3e0613629245.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Truthhurtsjuice said:

Mainstream Top 40

-Any song as long as it is popular can chart

-Stability meaning songs can have a lot of weeks at #1 and spend a lot of weeks in the top ten. Songs cant freefall fast all the time

-Has the highest impressions out of any format ex at least up to 80M

Adult Contemporary 

-Only ballads chart on this format

-Audience impressions can go as high as to 50M

R&B/Hip Hop Airplay

-Rap, R&B, and Hip Hop Panel impressions can go up to 40M-50M 

Rhythmic Top 40

- Dance, Pop, mainly Hip Hop, Rap and R&B songs chart

Radio Songs

-Combines all audience impressions of every format

-Calculated into the chart positions on the official charts

-All time artist list showing culmative impressions

-All time song/Year/decade end list showing songs with most audience impressions for that year/all time/decade

-Stability 

 

 

Overall:

-Songs positions are ranked on spins

-End of year/decade/all time report shows most played songs of that format

-Stability, songs can spend many weeks at #1

-You can use payola or pay radio stations to spin your songs more

-Songs debut towards the bottom

-There is a all time artist list based on collective spins

Don't forget

-Alternative Airplay

Indie, Rock, punk, folk. Audience  impressions can go to 12M

-Mainstream Rocks

-Rock, Metal panel impressions can go to 5M.

Edited by Dashan Sics
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2020 at 10:41 AM, Dashan Sics said:

Don't forget

-Alternative Airplay

Indie, Rock, punk, folk. Audience  impressions can go to 12M

-Mainstream Rocks

-Rock, Metal panel impressions can go to 5M.

Yes, I would like Rock airplay as well. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think this would be a lovely feature to have alongside the new streaming charts! As a fan of various artists, I tend to look at kworb.net (which you showed a screenshot of) to see how a single/album is performing. A good position on the radio charts usually matches well with a high position on the Billboard US charts. Feel like this idea could be very complex to code, so I agree with littlemonster in terms that one simple radio top 40 chart per country would be enough, specifically those with a high population density (US, UK, etc). 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2020 at 9:36 AM, bright95 said:

an exemplo of radio airplay chart (audience in millions) as Truthhurtsjuice said up there

hope to see something like that in the game someday

image.png.2aede05dfeb68e5df356fedddd0ac698.png

image.png.7b3f45fa2e920966268d89a57b2bcc67.png

image.png.1d714e98265e26e60f2b5fdc97e314c7.png

image.png.499e5e1107865284c26b3e0613629245.png

Yes, that is the exact thing I'm talking about. Thanks for the visual!😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 7:47 AM, littlemonster1999 said:

I agree however just a simple most played songs on radio (general) would be enough.\

 

Maybe more simply like:

-Pop Radio airplay chart

-Urban Radio airplay chart (Hip hop, rap, rnb)

-Rock airplay chart

- Radio Airplay for all genres.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 7:47 AM, littlemonster1999 said:

I agree however just a simple most played songs on radio (general) would be enough.\

 

I agree with this! Panels and different genres charts seems a little bit too complicated. Just one general airplay chart, that can perhaps have an impact on a single chart run, would be awesom!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Monky2405 said:

I agree with this! Panels and different genres charts seems a little bit too complicated. Just one general airplay chart, that can perhaps have an impact on a single chart run, would be awesom!

exactly! we don't need multiple radio genre charts that's overkill

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share
×
×
  • Create New...