Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Lets make it more visually appealing

okunzmcxavier

Firstly I suggest you check out this android game called Music Inc. Its essential to broadening your Ideas.

1. when setting up the databases after its being saved the stats of the artists randomise this shouldn't be so. There should

clicking sounds

2. Simulation should be sped up faster were a month should take about 10 seconds at most to load

(you can do some alogarithms to speed that up I believe in you)

3. The design can be improved I have done a mockup on powerpoint (available on request)

4. Users should be given the chance to hire an inhouse producer,2 mixers,a director,up to 3 writers

(once a studio is bought or owned its only the staff contributing to the music production and post that are relevant)

5. Charts should be more graphical rather than text based.

6. The talent pool should be set in a way that users can easily select unsigned artiste or type the artiste they look for

in a talent searchbox

7. Some things are quite unnecessary at the writing stages like hiring a mixer and vocal producer.One thing people like

about simulation games is that it's fast paced so people can forge ahead. If I spend only 2 hrs everyday playing a game

i dont want 30 mins of the game time to be spent on simulation

8. Instead of the AI signing people without the users consent, its better the user does the signing him/herself.

9. When it comes to hiring staff,instead of so many names with attributes just make it a few specifics. user can only hire

based on what they can afford

eg. Law firm, king edwards(competitive lawyer),jonas james(trainee lawyer).

up to 10 staff up for hire: legal,marketer,fahsionista,finance,security

10. We should be allowed to upload our label logo it will help beautify the cd covers and necessary for label branding on

leaderboards online. j

just my own ideas what do yall think?

"7. Some things are quite unnecessary at the writing stages like hiring a mixer and vocal producer. One thing people like

about simulation games is that it's fast paced so people can forge ahead. If I spend only 2 hrs everyday playing a game

i dont want 30 mins of the game time to be spent on simulation"

I see people complaining about "how heavy" this game is in details, but that's not a bad thing. If you want a game with less work there are a few on the internet for you. For me what makes The Road To Success so interesting is the heavy details. And yes, it's time consuming to prepare an era, in real world it also is, but you can easily sim a year to save time in this game and in other games you have to sim month by month. That's saving time and clicks for you.

About the underlined text I agree, mixer and vocal producer is too much for the writting sessions.

Firstly I suggest you check out this android game called Music Inc. Its essential to broadening your Ideas.

1. when setting up the databases after its being saved the stats of the artists randomise this shouldn't be so. There should

clicking sounds

The only artists that randomise are random artists, no real artists should have any stats changed? Clicking sounds, for each button press?

2. Simulation should be sped up faster were a month should take about 10 seconds at most to load

(you can do some alogarithms to speed that up I believe in you)

10 seconds Im sorry but this is simply not true. I am not comparing so much on the next point as my game isnt 0.01% of the game im about to mention. Football manager takes a lot longer than mine to sim a month and this is ok? Its all visual and how your eyes react to whats there, it can distract you from how long it takes.

Thats not to say im working on speed improvements but priorities are bug fixes.

3. The design can be improved I have done a mockup on powerpoint (available on request)

I'm always open to new ideas, my artistic talents are very much lacking I love the theory and how I have to work out ways to produce something. I am working on a completely new UI but this is a seperate thing being worked on and I dont have a lot of time to spend on it at the moment.

4. Users should be given the chance to hire an inhouse producer,2 mixers,a director,up to 3 writers

(once a studio is bought or owned its only the staff contributing to the music production and post that are relevant)

Coming in later patch feature update patch im sure.

5. Charts should be more graphical rather than text based.

As above with UI. Ive never totally understood how this truely changes the user experience on charts as its a statistic based game. Either way as mentioned before about a UI is being worked on.

6. The talent pool should be set in a way that users can easily select unsigned artiste or type the artiste they look for

in a talent searchbox

Filters allow this?

7. Some things are quite unnecessary at the writing stages like hiring a mixer and vocal producer.One thing people like

i dont want 30 mins of the game time to be spent on simulation

This was done after research but can be tweaked. Im thinking of changing it for low rep artists who wont have this luxury.

8. Instead of the AI signing people without the users consent, its better the user does the signing him/herself.

Hold on, AI signing people? This should not be happening?!

9. When it comes to hiring staff,instead of so many names with attributes just make it a few specifics. user can only hire

based on what they can afford

eg. Law firm, king edwards(competitive lawyer),jonas james(trainee lawyer).

up to 10 staff up for hire: legal,marketer,fahsionista,finance,security

Yes this is likely to come, however I wasnt yet because I wanted to see how all this new data would affect the game.

10. We should be allowed to upload our label logo it will help beautify the cd covers and necessary for label branding on

leaderboards online. j

just my own ideas what do yall think?

Interesting point ill add to list to see what I can do.

Thanks for the comments love the feedback.

1. try and add a feature were the label ceo is also allowed to be an artiste

2. ARTIST DONT NEED TO HIRE STUDIOS TO WRITE SONGS. its only on less they are hiring a writer that they need to spend money at the pre-production stage.

3.The option of vocal producer should be removed completely. The only people you need is the writer producer and mixer. Even if an artiste can't write they should still be the available option to write.

4. in the editor the problems of duplication still shows up were you register something it doesn't show up. we should also be given the privilege to highlight a set of names we can delete at once when creating database

5. we should be allowed to rename or add more genres in the editor some like dancehall, tropical and edm are missing

6. the investor sections in databases is uneditable as well as promotions section

7. as users if we already own studios we dont need to be building studios or paying for studio sessions

8. bugs like saYing an artiste has completed his wrritng but NO SONGS SHOW UP IN THE DATBASE SHOULD BE CORRECTED

I think you might not understand that Mark is just one guy with a job putting this free game out there for us to enjoy.  To me, you are adding a bunch of things that are almost entirely altering the game, it's pretty clear that Mark doesn't have the time to do all these things, and probably doesn't have the "want to" either.

The game is very good, it does need some polishing for sure, but let's start with 1 thing at a time and not a list of 8-10 things that need done.  I just wish the whole touring system and function of the game would get a tweaking, that to me is where I would like to see any of Marks free time spent.