Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Current confirmed features for 1.2

Mark

The reason its not updated is i have to check what id need to do and if i could get this update out far quicker than the last 1. I dont want a six month waiting period.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you're still gonna include those features at some point right??

1.2 cannot be everything or it will takes months. so once 1.2 is done you will see patches like

1.2.2 etc

these will contain nothing but all your suggested features, nothing from me.

Guest MusicManagers

I'd like to see an automated system when it comes to hiring the staff. The current method is a bit tedious to sit through when I'd rather be doing other things like immediately jumping into the songwriting/recording/release process.

I am looking at staffing options but i dont want too much crammed in.

We're getting near to the final list now

Can the Marketing staff be in charge of booking promotions so we don't have to book each show one by one? Like have the team determine the amount of promotion needed to gain reputation.

Can the Marketing staff be in charge of booking promotions so we don't have to book each show one by one? Like have the team determine the amount of promotion needed to gain reputation.

This is being explored

Ability to ask staff to take control of some of your artists, arranging releases etc etc - Added to list 20th October

I mean when we give the artist a deal. The tour rate we give them is only from 80-100 percent. While other labels could give less. I saw one artist with 30 percent tour rate then the rest of the profits go to the label.

Is it possible also that we could restock singles & albums when they are back cataloged because I don't want a inventory of zero when it could be selling some more. 

I mean when we give the artist a deal. The tour rate we give them is only from 80-100 percent. While other labels could give less. I saw one artist with 30 percent tour rate then the rest of the profits go to the label.

Then thats a bug. Ill look when i get a chance.

Is it possible also that we could restock singles & albums when they are back cataloged because I don't want a inventory of zero when it could be selling some more.

This will be taken care of as part of the re-release feature.

Guest andergalmeida

Mark, just do not forget to put the option in order to control any artist, without charge, type "free mode". I'm hoping to play it again because I think too complicated, remain financially well in the game.

Mark, just do not forget to put the option in order to control any artist, without charge, type "free mode". I'm hoping to play it again because I think too complicated, remain financially well in the game.

To do well in the game you have to start from the bottom to the top. get a artist thats fairly cheap. put out a couple of singles & then album would make a profit. then get another artist & do the same. always look at what your spending & what your bringing in.

Ive added the option to set your balance just for you have you not used it?

I think the game is too hard. With all the new stuff in 1.2 which ill write up and confirm tomorrow will drastically change the game.

If an artist is collaborating with a featured artist, can the feature artist write on the song (If they songwrite) write the song as well with other songwriters the artist choose or themselves?

I think it could become possible to give the artist collaborating with the option to help re-write the song for sure, we're see with that as im writing up and drawing up so possible changes to the writing process.

Today is the last day to make suggestions so once it hits midnight today this topic will be closed and any suggests will be considered for the patches after.

I will write up a set of new features, but some will be reserved as a suprise and wont be available until the game is released

Guest andergalmeida

Mark, I think you had to do a mini-tutorial for me, why I always go bankrupt in my saves, friend. To awaiting these new options in 1.2.

When you refer to changes, which they will be?

I think I express myself badly when I said I was not playing, I'm playing yes, just not too much, because as I said, I find it very difficult, or is it because I like to start from the top with things.

Guest andergalmeida

Mark, another doubt .. why when I edit something in the editor does not show up in my game? I added an artist the existing record and it did not appear there.

Are the promotion/Media going to be rewritten as well? You listed some ideas for it yourself and I was wondering if it was going to be added on the first part of the patch.

All of your points are good and i agree with the promotional side but ultimately i can achieve it without rewriting the chart and sales code which is for 1.2. Consider the code im changing as the base of the game. Right now you see uk, north america, europe and asia. I am going to change this to every worthwhile continent and individual countries. So if i were to modify anything else now that task grows. This is why ive mentioned further module rewrites are not possible until this is done and trust me when it is the worlds my oyster because ill be able to quite easily add and rewrite other code.

In fact id go as far as saying one day with my son at school is enough time for a rewrite of promotions i can work that quick but as mentioned 1.2 is a very big task.

I'll give you have i already have for ideas for promotion rewrite.

1. Schedules for shows. If full you cant get on.

2. Invites to appear

3. Rare chance of artist getting their own show.

4. Appear to promote specific item be it single, album or tour.

5. As you mentioned negative press.

So much potential ive not hit a fraction of what i can and must be.

Once i finally get this minor feature patch sorted i can move on.

Mark, another doubt .. why when I edit something in the editor does not show up in my game? I added an artist the existing record and it did not appear there.

Tell me more about the artist. Did you put them on a label and take over the label? Did you turn off scouting? If they were on your label it doesnt matter but if not that might be why you dont see them

Are the promotion/Media going to be rewritten as well? You listed some ideas for it yourself and I was wondering if it was going to be added on the first part of the patch.

All of your points are good and i agree with the promotional side but ultimately i can achieve it without rewriting the chart and sales code which is for 1.2. Consider the code im changing as the base of the game. Right now you see uk, north america, europe and asia. I am going to change this to every worthwhile continent and individual countries. So if i were to modify anything else now that task grows. This is why ive mentioned further module rewrites are not possible until this is done and trust me when it is the worlds my oyster because ill be able to quite easily add and rewrite other code.

In fact id go as far as saying one day with my son at school is enough time for a rewrite of promotions i can work that quick but as mentioned 1.2 is a very big task.

I'll give you have i already have for ideas for promotion rewrite.

1. Schedules for shows. If full you cant get on.

2. Invites to appear

3. Rare chance of artist getting their own show.

4. Appear to promote specific item be it single, album or tour.

5. As you mentioned negative press.

So much potential ive not hit a fraction of what i can and must be.

Once i finally get this minor feature patch sorted i can move on.

This one is part of the media changes. Its a tentative for 1.2. I'll be finalising the final list tomorrow.

Guest andergalmeida

Mark, another thing, when we will be able to control who will be the producer of the music?

Guest andergalmeida

I created the artist in the editor, so I went into the game and had nothing changed.

I'll try this way you explained.

Guest andergalmeida

Mark, how do I get the money I invested in a single / album marketing?

I always loved games like that and sorry 'cuz I will probably post a lot of suggestions! hahah

Starting with Tours

- Would be nice have an page to admin all tours and have infos such as schedule, balance, ranking, awards;

- Able to create a Tour Project just with the Tour name and headline artist (max. 2 artists);

- Able to create inside the project different legs for the tour, so we'll have a main tour and could admin this making new legs instead to make a new tour;

- While creating a leg we'll choose: World Tour/Continent leg/National leg, dates, open act, sponsor, promotional gigs. With this we could make a North American leg and could back to pratice, produce music or choose another open act before start the European leg;

- Make a partnership with a private company to produce your artist tour (we'll get less profit but no loss). Depending the artist the company could offer different contracts like: Different profit rate to label, ratio of the tour, number of gigs. I.e. A company would offer to a Top artist a world tour, lots of gigs and good rate to label, ff the artist is only famous in one country they will offer a national tour and a good rate... or a continental tour with a poor rate. (The label will still in charge to choose open acts and sponsors);

- Marketing team should arrange promotional appearences during tour;

- To prevent a tour with 100 legs, the audience could decrease after X numbers of legs;

- Include travel dates during the tour. If the GIG 1 is in USA and also the GIG 2 the artist will need 1 day to travel, if it in a diferent country but same continent 2 days to travel. If it's in another continent 2 days to travel and 1 day to rest;

- Includerest dates after 3 days of shows and to travel between continents;

- Allow add festivals in the Tour Project! If a festival invite your artist it will be count as a special date in the tour;

- Allow labels to cancel or reschedul gigs causing damage on artits reputation;

- Allow labels to create promotional gigs, not necessary inside a Tour project. Would be nice have an "Tour Appearences" page:

How: The label could create an special appearence from another artist in a gig (if the both artists have an featured single it would help their single) or choose options like: Free gig on a public square / Pocket show for a group of fans / Pocket show for Charity.

- As someone already said, allows label to record shows to release as DVD and put options like: Record all shows (increase price and marketing of this) or only one show (increase quality/comercial), put backstage scenes, documentary, interviews;

Edit: I think I write too much! But there's more!

About Genres

Would be great have a father-genre and sub-genres like:

POP (Teen pop, alt pop, pop country, latin pop, indie pop, synthpop, pop rock, K-Pop, J-Pop)

Rock (Alt rock, folk rock, heavy metal, pop rock, punk, rap rock, K-rock, J-rock)

Eletronic (Disco, drum and bass, eurodance, house, techno, trance)

R&B (Contemporary, funk, soul)

Hip Hop (Freestyle, gangsta rap, rap rock, trip hop, trap)

Latin (Latin pop,Reggae, reggaeton, brazilian)

Asian (K-Pop, J-Pop, K-rock, J-rock)

Country (Alt country, pop county)

Christian (Christian pop, christian rock)

African

Jazz

Folk

And allow 1 artists have 2 genres! If an artist have Genre 1: Country pop | Genre 2: brazilian he will be in the 3 father genres POP, COUNTRY and LATIN. Actually it's usual in Brazil we have some country artist who sing pop songs and we all still latin people!

So this artists could receive a Pop/Country/Latin award and participate in a Pop/Country/Latin Festival, same for the songs, if the artist make a pop song it will only be allowed in Pop awards elements, if the album has only Country and pop songs it won't be receive a latin or brazilian award.

P.S.: I don't like so much the term "black music" but it could be a father-genre and include genres like Jazz, Hip Hop and R&B! Would work good in some awards/festival like BET Awards.

Just a little more...

Someone here said about "EP"! Some people still using "B-side" (it's too old) but some artists uses "EP" and it's becoming very different.

Would be nice if the single/EP release works like:

1) Label choose the produced song to release as single and choose if it will be a EP or not;

The single's EP could have until 4 songs, all four could be the same song including the single

2) We choose the elements in the songs like: Remix / Featuring / Live / Acoustic / Radio edit / Extended mix

So the single "Bang Bang" could have an EP like this:

Bang Bang (single version)

Bang Bang (feat Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj)

Bang Bang (Acoustic)

Bang Bang (Tiesto Remix)

Bang Bang (Zedd Remix)

- Remix: If in the future we have a Dance Club Charts like in billboard remixes could increase chances in that chart;

- Featuring: Increase chances if the other artist is more famous in the country/continent;

- Live: If in the future there's an charts for DVD, it could increase chances in that chart;

- Acoustic: Increase airplay in songs from genres who is already famous in the continent;

- Radio Edit: Increase airplay in songs from genres who is not famous in the continent;

If the DJ have some influence in continent it could be add in the remix version, so it will be a reason to release an Single EP with remixes with DJs  from all the world! And if a single could be released in only one continent, then in another continent would be nice have different features from the same song with local artists.

Mark, how do I get the money I invested in a single / album marketing?

Hiring good marketing team helps.

Its relative to your artists reputation.