Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Current confirmed features for 1.2

Mark

Below is a list of features, which are already confirmed for Version 1.2.

I will add any further features until the cut off date, which will be 7th November 2014.

Current confirmed features

[*]All continents will be included. Confirmed as - North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania

[*]Under each continent will be each country, and each one will have its own charts. This does not include countries governed by others. Countries that are extremely undemocratic such as North Korea, will not be included.

[*]The sales modules will be completely rewritten

[*]New revenue streams introduced, such as spotify type streaming services and revenue from video advertisements, IE youtube etc.

[*]Tours will be rewritten to allow the increase in tour dates and various other options.

[*]Music videos will be split from the current method, will have its own data set and as such will have video charts etc

[*]The ability to re-release albums - Added to list 20th October

[*]Ability to ask staff to take control of some of your artists, arranging releases etc etc - Added to list 20th October

[*]I will look into integrating 360

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest laudemhirjan

I'm so happy for these new features, should make the game more exciting! I hope you can make album sales as high as they can be. I mean my star has all filled out 100/100 in all reputations and he still can't get more than 600K opening week sales in America despite huge promo.

Also, I would like to suggest the ability to release E.P.'s, it would be great really, should be helpful for new artists who does not have huge reputations yet! And the Award Shows certainly needs reworking too! I'm so excited, thanks for all of this!

Guest algonnys

I think that is great the Level of Awards (according to genre, for example to get a gold award for latin genre is easier than a other genre).

The option to re-release a album, EP, deluxe, Remixes, Double Disc.

Magazines (and the magazine choose the artist)

Facebook and Twitter page of artists (likes and followers based on popularity)

Guest algonnys

An option that shows the single/album that sold more on a week/debut week (for each artist)

Like on Chart Wars

I think that is great the Level of Awards (according to genre, for example to get a gold award for latin genre is easier than a other genre).

The option to re-release a album, EP, deluxe, Remixes, Double Disc.

Magazines (and the magazine choose the artist)

Facebook and Twitter page of artists (likes and followers based on popularity)

Re-releases should be in too.

Magazines its interesting will look into this.

Facebook and twitter...I did have a full integrated twitter feature but dropped it as it was pointless but I would like more social media stuff in the game, its just a matter of how at the moment.

Guest musiclover

yesssss It looks AMAZING, can't wait Mark ;D

The ability to release a christmas-themed album which sells well in nov-dec.

The ability to choose the studio, and the producer for an artist.

Complete awards rewrite.

Hype meter.

Really excited for this game, it's turning out to be the best music simulation game yet!!!

Guest andergalmeida

Mark is the new king of pop.

Guest andergalmeida

Mark , do not forget to put things that I asked , how infinite money for players who want to control only your artist for fun without worrying about the label did not have money to throw things . It may seem boring to some, but my friends and I played well .

Guest ducttapebandit

I'd really like the game to show me how many copies of an album/single were sold last week (I know you've heard this on the forums before.

It might also be helpful to have a list on the forum of the things you're working that may or may not be in the next version.  That way you don't have a stream of repeated requests for stuff you're already working on.

Guest khangvn08

I suggest that we have a chart which updates immediately after the single/album is released much like the iTunes chart :D

Guest Dylan19

I think the types of albums is a good idea..Like a greatest hits album ect.

Also maybe an auto select option for selecting the promotion dates like the auto selection for tour dates.

;)

What about firing and retired band members? Then the ability to sign another for the position?

Is that really going to be a labels job?

I would like to see how much money we spent on the artist to see how much needs to be recouped back to us.

This sounds interesting

I also think the stock market should be changed. I think it should be like a real stock market. For example. We could be like investors & could be available to buy stocks from the other labels. like 51% & would be controling the company & 75% would merger. I just don't like the fact that we have to pay the full amount. Also having the CEO of the companies buying shares & earning money on their salary & dividends on the companies.

Having labels to have subsidiarys of other labels they own.

Different types of deals.

Beginners Deal

360 Deal

Big Artist Deal. Etc.

How About Having A Producer to Artist Deal.

Endorsement Deals with companies.

Clothing lines. Etc.

Tour Percentage Needs to be lower.

Maybe I wanna give a artist a bigger music rate instead of tour.

Creating Artist Development.

Where we take a regular plain jane & take her to artist development to make her a star.

I will also like to see how the finance side

Each artist on my label how much money we spent on them & how much money they gained for the label & profit for example it would be like

Rihanna -$8,000,000 +12,000,000 = 4,000,000 Profit.

Having the ability to have bands but if i wanted to take a member out & start a solo career.

Having sponsors for tours to pay for it.

Being available to restock singles & albums when they are longer on the market just in case they get bump in sales at least we have the inventory because it doesn't let us now

I would like to see how much money we spent on the artist to see how much needs to be recouped back to us.

Social Media.

It would be nice to see how many fans our artist has.

& Instead of doing promo shows

The artist could send out tweets & etc.

I am reading all your ideas btw im just working so cannot do a lot at the moment. I will be updating the confirmed feature list later.

Just a fyi.

When 1.2 is done there will be a series of smaller community patches which only contain user suggested features so if they dont make 1.2 there is a good chance past this.

Guest algonnys

I think it would be very useful a tab called Charts in artist page, where it shows all the songs and albums on the charts and all positions on week.

Guest rmstitanic

Perfect! i'm so excited!

-Able to change release date of single and album

-Label can submit their artists for awards or festivals to perform and nomination

-Radio chart

-Retired artist still can choose to back to music industry 

-More customized promotion list

If can I hope we can register to leaderboard even after the game has started. I register my account after I started my game, and now I can't submit my score. :'(

Ariana her self titled era has 3 WW hits and two flop singles. All Drunk In Love, XO and Flawless have 10m sales, her Partition flop with 5m sales and Ghost with only 6m sales.    First flop era though. :(

- being able to add up to 3 artists to collaborate on a song.

- being able to have some people (artists) to be multidimensional (be an artist AND a writer AND a producer, or be a producer AND a writer without being an actual artist, etc...)

- adding social media, and also scout for new talents based on their popularity (via social media - like youtube views in real life or something like that)

- have artist managers taking up some responsibility in your artist career (like manager arranging for the artist to appear on a tv show)

If I come up with new ideas, I'll post them later...

I think it would be cool if we can do songs with multiple artist what i mean is we can do songs with more the one artist like for example chris brown.drake.lil wayne etc

-VEVO Certifications (If an artist's video gains over 100 million views, they should be notified in email that their music video was certified and should be placed under the artist/band history page.)

-Jobs outside Music (Acting In Movies/Shows, Modeling, Entrepenuer)

-Soundtracks (An artist/band can create a song or a collaboration for a movie/show, even when they are starring in also. Multiple tracks can be included. )

-Concert DVD/Live Album (When booking a tour date, we should be able to choose options like "Record Live Audio", "Film Concert", Film Concert and Record Live Audio" or "No Recording". Recording live songs for an album would be expensive but filming the concert would be a lot more expensive. That's all up to you to decide how much if of those will cost. After those are either recorded or filmed, it should be released under a video chart. If an artist/band films a concert, extra footage like a documentary, behind the scenes, fan reactions, and interviews from the tour could be included too if that's what an artist/band choose to do.)

-Video DVD (Artist/Bands can include 1-20 music videos in a DVD. Extra footages can be included ie. making of an music video, performances from interviews, tours, award shows, and/or festivals. Interviews from promotions, or a making of an album can be included as well)

-Media/Promotion (Players or a staff can schedule a artist/band for promotion and should be listed on the calender. 2 Options should be created for what an artist/band promotes for example; 1. Promoting: single (name of the single), album (name of the album), tour (name of the tour), music video (name of the music video), or either themselves. 2. Appearance: Interview, Live Performance (Choose a single, they recently released), or Live Performance and Interview. Live Perfomances and/or Interviews can be filmed an placed for a Video DVD.

-Co-headlining Tours (2 or more artists/bands should collaborate on a tour if they were already collaborated on a song together. Ie. Beyonce and Jay-Z "On the Run" Tour, Rihanna and Eminem "The Monster" Tour, Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z "Legends of the Summer" Tour, Beyonce, Alicia Keys and Missy Elliott "The Verizon Ladies First" Tour . Opening acts can join in.)

-Collaboration Albums (2 or more artists should make a collaboration album together in one project.)

-Events from Chart Wars 3 (Pregnancy, Dating Rumors, Marriage Ceremony, Deaths, Band Member Fired, Couple Break-Up, Divorce, Hip Hop/Rap Beefs, Arrested, Doing Drugs, Arrested, Court Appearance, Retirement, Band Retired, Band Member going Solo, Band Split Up, Artist/Band fired from label, etc.)

-Relationships (Artists/Bands should have relationships as in friends, enemies, lovers, and marriage with other people like artists, bands, producers, songwriters, directors, record labels, and managers. It would impact from touring together, collaborations, working together on an album, being on X-Factor, meeting in award shows, festivals etc)

- Opening Act Popularity (Opening Acts should gain more popularity on tour if their performances were good)

-Artists/Bands asked to be an Opening Act/Schedule (Artists/Bands should be accept/decline to be an opening act on a tour, even if they are on the same label. The opening act tour dates should appear on their schedule.)

-Perform another artist/bands songs on tour (Can an artist/band cover another artist/band songs and include it in their setlist to perform on tour if accepted?)

-Cancel a tour date instead of the whole show

-Artists able to change genres

-Artists can be more than one genre

-Unreleased songs included in Greatest Hits Album (Unreleased songs that are not included in any album, could be released as a single and to be added in a greatest hits albums)

-Re-release Albums with New Songs

-Ability to release discs after death (If unreleased songs are in their repertoire, or a greatest hits albums)

-Horrific names in music (I was thinking that maybe we should have an Artist to have a title in the game for ex. Like Madonna is "Queen of Pop", Beyonce "Queen of R&B", Michael Jackson "King of Pop", Elvis Presley "King of Rock N Roll" Etc if they have a lot of awards, selling a lot of albums and singles, tours sold out, etc. Maybe you could also have a list of artists for Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame before they retired from music depending on how many years they've been in the industry. I think you could read a little excerpt on it on wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honorific_nicknames_in_popular_music)

-Promo Types (Magazine, Radio, TV Show, Social Media, Website) (Magazine ie.Vibe, Radio ie. Power 105, Social Media ie. Twitter (If Added), Website ie. billboard.com)

-Band Member Replacement (Suggest to a band that they dump a bad member or add a new one)

-Award Show Performances (Select a single to perform on an award if invited to perfom. If it's an collaboration, featured artist should be invited to perform)

-Award Show Invitations (An email should be sent as an invite to an Artist/Band to an award show. If asked to perform they should accept or decline)

-Award Show Nominations/Winner (An email should be sent to an Artist/Band to see if their nominated for a award and/or if they won an award instead of checking the award panel to see if they were nominated for an award or either win them)

-Adding Genres for a certain type of award (In the editor, can we add more than one genre for an award category)

Id love to see uk rappers like.

Dylan Mills AKA Dizzee Rascal-http://youtu.be/kZGvnI37mxk

Patrick Chukwuemeka Okogwu AKA Tinie Tempah

Richard Kylea Cowie AKA Wiley-

James Devlin AKA devlin-http://youtu.be/_Xvl-iL5hcY

Louise Amanda Harman AKA Lady Sovereign-http://youtu.be/EuNnbiRmX0A

Bradley Green AKA Blizzard-http://youtu.be/4LfJj5eq7Z4

Shotty Horroh-http://youtu.be/pBneJNeg9SU

Guest brennoitajahy

I'd like to suggest to put the chat-run of singles, albums, videos and etc. It would be so much cooler. Also, I'd like to suggest you to put promotion for the staff, I mean "book promotion in these shows for like 1, 2 months."

Performances on Awards would be really great too.

Guest brennoitajahy

Oh, and I'd like to see better writers then Ester Dean. Because when we choose Ryan Tedder, he doesn't write good rating songs. Ester Dean is a lot cheaper and so much better, but there's only her.

I adjusted the costs of writers and producers very last minute for this release. I can add more but id like people to make mods for this.

Please update the current confirmed features!!These are not enough for 1.2. Add the ability to feature more than 1 artist on a song and to be able to collaborate with artists of higher rep even if you have a high rep(which you can't do,althought it's really weird you should be able to collaborate with whoever you want)christmas releases,EPs,Greatest Hits,Live albums,DVDs,complete chart rerwite.I know this means more time,but im sure if the final product is good more people will download it and play it!BTW the new update is amazing!!!