Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Explicit & Clean Songs

Ace1193

So say I want a explicit song on a album I should be able to release it but say I do not want to make a clean version of the album that is fine but it may not do well to a certain age or may affect a demographic who do not buy it as a single you would be affected if you do not release clean version as no airplay no performances so be risk an reward an should get choice like to rerecord lyric or bleep it be so good to do also compare streams to clean an explicit version of album or song an should be different meaning explicit should be listen to more but not sell well

On 5/12/2022 at 9:03 AM, Ace1193 said:

So say I want a explicit song on a album I should be able to release it but say I do not want to make a clean version of the album that is fine but it may not do well to a certain age or may affect a demographic who do not buy it as a single you would be affected if you do not release clean version as no airplay no performances so be risk an reward an should get choice like to rerecord lyric or bleep it be so good to do also compare streams to clean an explicit version of album or song an should be different meaning explicit should be listen to more but not sell well

In reality this is a good idea. However, in game there aren't any mechanics for this in place. So it would be a lot of extra coding and development for a feature that wouldn't really add much to the game in terms of gameplay. 

One way you could simulate this however, is create 2 song with the same title but name 1 of them clean and 1 explicit. You can then release them both as separate singles. If you want the clean one to do better, you can try and influence the sucess by giving the clean version more marketing and the explicit less marketing 

Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scotland2013 said:

In reality this is a good idea. However, in game there aren't any mechanics for this in place. So it would be a lot of extra coding and development for a feature that wouldn't really add much to the game in terms of gameplay. 

One way you could simulate this however, is create 2 song with the same title but name 1 of them clean and 1 explicit. You can then release them both as separate singles. If you want the clean one to do better, you can try and influence the sucess by giving the clean version more marketing and the explicit less marketing 

Thanks 🙂

ahhh thats not a bad idea thats brilliant idea thank you 🙂