Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

MODERN USA MOD - V2.6 Update (June 4th. 2022)

tshade

V2.90 Patch Available Now - 

Major Streaming Bug - Causes Spotify Market Shares to bottom out, fixed! **Fixed Radio Streaming Market Shares**

Label Adjustments - Reputations & Budget Amounts ------    ***NEW RECORD LABEL (Broken Glass Records)***

Artists Adjustments, Bug Fixes.

Streaming Services REVAMPED --- New/Updated Services Plus Updated Market Shares for all platforms.

3 New High Volume Merchandisers

Updated Producer Stats (6+)   

ETC!            Download Now & Get to it!

ModernUSAmod.db

• Like 2

• Scotland2013 changed the title to MODERN USA MOD - V2.6 Update (June 4th. 2022)
On 6/10/2022 at 4:19 PM, xbucknessx said:

do all these have to be downloaded individually or you only need the latest file you post?

just the Latest File. the rest are outdated. V2.9 Is the most current.

• 3 weeks later...

MODERN USA MOD UPDATE - JUNE 29TH, 2022.

Unfortunately due to the Limited range of what the database editor can do without bugs or the game breaking, we are only going to be putting out one more Official Update for Version 1.3 Of Road to Success until Mark Puts out an Official Update and we can add Festivals, Fix the Award Shows, Streaming, ETC. and hopefully expand on other things. V2.97 will be the last update for the MODERN USA MOD. 

*** Artists Stats are going to be Drastically Changed to reflect currently popularity for Artists. (No Small Artists Debuting at No. 1 with discography) this will tried to be tweaked as best as possible.**  NOTE:   THIS MOD IS MADE FOR MODERN TIMES ONLY (2018-Present) If you want to accurately play before 2018 -2017, then you need to not play with this Mod.

**** 20 Artists Added  (This is a Goal Number, could change depending on how many, or how little we can find to add) ****  

V3.0 Will be a big update, and hopefully we won't have to wait until next year to put it out! This Game is Amazing and we are committed to keep supporting the community through the rest of 2022, but if no updates are made to the game by the beginning of 2023, we cannot promise to remain and update the MODERN USA MOD. after so long many people, including ourselves get burnt out of no new features or different gameplay enhancements. The Game is Amazing and no blame is to be put on the creator if time doesn't align with their vision or deadline. Until then, please enjoy our most current Version.  V2.97 Will Be Out  Late August/ Early September, to give some change to those who actively play after playing the current version All Summer.  We Hope To Be Posting About V3.00 Sometime this year!

Have a Great & Safe Summer!               -Tshade Studios

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

V2.96 Coming September 1st, 2022. (MODERN USA Artist Photo Database Debuting September 8th)

V2.96 Will be a Patch/Update.   Bug Fixes, 10 NEW Artists (Pop, Hip-Hop), Label Budget Balancing, Complete Artists Reputation Stats Rework.

**Label $$$ Is Significantly Lowered Across The Board to Refix & Add More Competition, We Reversed The Decision after Realizing you can essentially max out all your artists guaranteeing Success. This will force you to prioritize and actually budget. ----- DO NOT EDIT LABEL BALANCES FOR A REALISITC CHALLENGING EXPERIENCE ------**

All Artists are getting their reputations & stats reworked. this might be in increments but were going to try to align the charts more realistically aside from The Sale & Streaming Amounts. 

We also are adding a file that will include images for ALL ARTISTS INCLUDED IN THE MOD. Stay Tuned!

• Like 1

V2.96  Official Patch Notes:  Update Coming September 1st, 2022.

(MODERN USA Artist Photo Database Debuting September 8th)

Reminder: DO NOT Select Randomise Studio Data, and Select the Smallest option on Database Size when Creating a New Game.  DO NOT EDIT LABEL BALANCES FOR A REALISTIC EXPERIENCE*

ONE OF THE BIGGEST UPDATES FOR THE MODERN USA MOD YET!

• Complete Label Balancing: All Labels Balances have Been Updated and Lowered across to board to Ensure Competition and actually strategic Thinking. No More Maxing Out Advertising On Everybody, Plan Carefully!
  • Complete Producer Rebalancing/New Producers: Almost All Of The Producers Stats have Been Tweaked and Modified To Better Ensure a Realistic Experience with a Wide Variety of Options, Including Commercial Success Rates.   15+ New Producers have Been Added! 
  • Complete Artist Rebalancing/New Artists: All Artists Have been Reworked to Ensure a Realistic Game and to Align artists Stats in Real Time. (Some Artists Have Been Moved between Labels Or Removed Completely From a Contract)    10+ New Artists have Been Added (Snoop Dogg, Tate Mcrae, A$AP FERG, Etc...)
  • New Merchandiser: (Altos Solutions)
  • Award Show Logos Update: New Logos For Award Shows (The Grammys,  MTV Video Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, BET Awards, American Music Awards, Teen Choice)
  • New Digital Distributors:  Digital Distributors have been Updated to Reflect The Top Current Digital Distributors In The World. 3 New Distributors! (Walmart Online, Bandcamp, CD Universe)
  • TV Shows: 3 Shows Have Been Removed (The Ellen DeGeneres Show, The Wendy Williams Show, The Real). 2 New Shows! (The Jennifer Hudson Show, Tiny Desk Concert)
  • Award Shows: Award Show Categories Have Been Updated. 4 New Categories! (Album Of The Year, Best Pop Single, Best Hip-Hop Single, Best Collaboration)  2 New Award Shows! (IHeart Radio Awards, CMT Awards)
  • Sponsors: Most Sponsor Names have been fixed to actually reflect REAL Companies. (Nike, Intel, Lifewater, Apple, Redbull, Gucci, ETC)
  • Studios: No New Studios Have Been Added, But 14 Have had Their Stats Tweaked :)

Plus Various Other Small Fixes, Updates. (DO NOT FORGET TO DOWNLOAD AND ADD THE MODERN USA PHOTO DATABASE WHEN IT COMES OUT****)

Any Suggestions or Any Artists, Anything you wanted added Don't Hesitate to Comment Or DM! Thanks For Supporting!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

V2.96 Is Available Now!   (September 1, 2022)  

ONE OF THE BIGGEST UPDATES FOR THE MODERN USA MOD YET!

• Complete Label Balancing: All Labels Balances have Been Updated and Lowered across to board to Ensure Competition and actually strategic Thinking. No More Maxing Out Advertising On Everybody, Plan Carefully!
  • Complete Producer Rebalancing/New Producers: Almost All Of The Producers Stats have Been Tweaked and Modified To Better Ensure a Realistic Experience with a Wide Variety of Options, Including Commercial Success Rates.   15+ New Producers have Been Added! 
  • Complete Artist Rebalancing/New Artists: All Artists Have been Reworked to Ensure a Realistic Game and to Align artists Stats in Real Time. (Some Artists Have Been Moved between Labels Or Removed Completely From a Contract)    10+ New Artists have Been Added (Snoop Dogg, Tate Mcrae, A$AP FERG, Etc...)
  • New Merchandiser: (Altos Solutions)
  • Award Show Logos Update: New Logos For Award Shows (The Grammys,  MTV Video Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards, BET Awards, American Music Awards, Teen Choice)
  • New Digital Distributors:  Digital Distributors have been Updated to Reflect The Top Current Digital Distributors In The World. 3 New Distributors! (Walmart Online, Bandcamp, CD Universe)
  • TV Shows: 3 Shows Have Been Removed (The Ellen DeGeneres Show, The Wendy Williams Show, The Real). 2 New Shows! (The Jennifer Hudson Show, Tiny Desk Concert)
  • Award Shows: Award Show Categories Have Been Updated. 4 New Categories! (Album Of The Year, Best Pop Single, Best Hip-Hop Single, Best Collaboration)  2 New Award Shows! (IHeart Radio Awards, CMT Awards)
  • Sponsors: Most Sponsor Names have been fixed to actually reflect REAL Companies. (Nike, Intel, Lifewater, Apple, Redbull, Gucci, ETC)
  • Studios: No New Studios Have Been Added, But 14 Have had Their Stats Tweaked :)

Plus Various Other Small Fixes, Updates. Thanks For Supporting The Modern USA Mod! This is our Final Update Until a New Version is Put out By Mark. Looking for more fun? Download Music Wars Empire, Available now! We are In The Process Of Making The Modern World Mod, a Sister Mod of The MODERN USA Mod, For Music Wars Empire,  V1.28 Out September 5th! 

ModernUSAmod.db

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried this today and noticed a couple of things.

1)For some reason, I couldn't pick the option to start with 1 artist. It went to the screen to pick, but the list was blank. There are plenty of artists in the game that are even unsigned, which isn't a requirement.

2)A bunch of the bands don't have their members show up on their artist page. It's just blank next to it.

3)It's weird that you yanked some of the shows but left The Late Late Show as being hosted by Craig Ferguson who hasn't hosted it in years. James Corden is leaving soon. And I'd seriously drop the rating of The Jennifer Hudson show. She's not Ellen, and even that was way too high for her. American daytime TV shouldn't be above the 70s you have for the others. Oh, and remove The Oprah Winfrey show. That hasn't been a thing in 20 years or so.

4)I know you're striving for accuracy, but I'd ask that the last albums being released be set to at least 2021 so you can at least make an album. I bought out Charlie XCX and Meghan Trainor and have no idea when I'll be able to release an album with either.

5)Also, there are a lot of what I'd consider very famous musicians that have very low pop (reputation is the in-game term). I know it's not easy with pop stars because they can come out of nowhere.

And this is a game thing, but I'll leave it here just as a tip for new players. Set your Judgement score to 50 if you ever want to sign anyone as everyone rejects you if it's below that. I learned that the first time I played the game but forgot it. 😞

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2022 at 2:02 AM, kysmartman said:

Tried this today and noticed a couple of things.

1)For some reason, I couldn't pick the option to start with 1 artist. It went to the screen to pick, but the list was blank. There are plenty of artists in the game that are even unsigned, which isn't a requirement.

2)A bunch of the bands don't have their members show up on their artist page. It's just blank next to it.

3)It's weird that you yanked some of the shows but left The Late Late Show as being hosted by Craig Ferguson who hasn't hosted it in years. James Corden is leaving soon. And I'd seriously drop the rating of The Jennifer Hudson show. She's not Ellen, and even that was way too high for her. American daytime TV shouldn't be above the 70s you have for the others. Oh, and remove The Oprah Winfrey show. That hasn't been a thing in 20 years or so.

4)I know you're striving for accuracy, but I'd ask that the last albums being released be set to at least 2021 so you can at least make an album. I bought out Charlie XCX and Meghan Trainor and have no idea when I'll be able to release an album with either.

5)Also, there are a lot of what I'd consider very famous musicians that have very low pop (reputation is the in-game term). I know it's not easy with pop stars because they can come out of nowhere.

And this is a game thing, but I'll leave it here just as a tip for new players. Set your Judgement score to 50 if you ever want to sign anyone as everyone rejects you if it's below that. I learned that the first time I played the game but forgot it. 😞

Artists that you "think" are popular and should be higher are in fact in correct positions are to where they currently are as of today. i strive to be accurate and although they may be well know artists, doesn't mean they have a high charting capability as they use too. and with Charli & Meghan, i understand its frustrating but thats the game itself creating stratup sales data and catalogs so they game won't start empty, unfortunately you will have to have them on your label both to be able to start fresh, or if you sign them immediately when the game begins.  1) This is a Bug that Mark needs to address before it is fixed on my end.   3)TV Shows haven't had a full remodel/Revamp yet, this will come in a future update, if one happens, depending on Mark. I have not messed with them much, but Oprah should be removed and Jennifer Hudson has a pretty successful show, along with other newcomers.  2) Which bands are you referring to? ill look into it. may be a bug or they may not be connected. 

Other Than that, Enjoy the Mod & Now that Servers are back online an update might come, but all work is focused on Music Wars Empire at the moment with the Modern World Mod.

Dua Lipa and Olivia Rodrigo are way too low. Granted that's off just one album for Olivia, which is why I said pop stars are harder to quantify, but that album was basically a supernova. Dua Lipa has had several albums already all do very well.

It has been awhile since I played the game so I don't remember the bands that didn't have members, but it was several of the more famous ones in there. Also, I didn't mention it, but the Festivals are quite bugged as they're lacking logos so you can't click on them to see the results. I was afraid that that was a game issue with the albums. Honestly, that needs to be fixed as it also creates tours for them too making every game a crapshoot if you don't edit everyone onto your label to start with. Artists that are majorly useless for a year isn't a good game design.

But this game right now needs massive improvements to be enjoyable. The UI is too click-heavy, and the AI is still dumber than a box of rocks. Dumping a ton of money at them improved things, but they still don't do promotion well at all which causes them to fall way behind as the months go by. Probably some gain from their singles and albums doing well would be great, but right now, you could do with eliminating anyone with less than 40 rep that the player isn't a fan of because they'll be at whatever they start at plus maybe 5 points after years of playing. I so miss Chart Wars 3 which was the best game of this genre ever. This one could be even better than that given all the extras in the game already, but it'll take a lot of work that I don't know if Mark can do in his free time.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I understand but Dua & Olivia have only had success from one album, which of both the last singles struggled. i placed them where they are because i felt it was accurate, and yes, a Festival DLC Update was suppose to come out but its so bugged i couldn't. unfortunately i have ceased any future updates for the Modern USA Mod until a Major Update comes out that will bring interest back into the Game. Music Wars Empire, & Film Studio Pro Tycoon are much more addicting & still being currently updated with mods & New Content. Check them out if you want to try something else!

Looks like Film Studio Pro Tycoon is coming out next year on Steam unless you're talking about some tiny game that probably isn't getting finished as the guy just had a baby. The Steam version looks fun though. And that's a nope on MWE. Dealt with the dev way, way, way back when. He is the closest to giving Adam Ryland a run for biggest douchebag that isn't rich I've ever dealt with. Not to mention that I bought his first 2 versions of this game before he ran himself off the board. Plus, that game is super-old. Glad you're having fun with it though.

• 3 months later...