Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

X Factor Revamp

mesail

The X Factor show is really cool feature but I think it needs to be revisited to make better. The first thing I’ve noticed is that X-Factor contestants have a lot of missing info if you sign them, such as ethnicity.

I also think it would be cool to see them get signed. A lot of them, including winners, never do anything after their season. It could be interesting to see them get signed and do well after being on the show. It’s realistic that a majority of them don’t do much after X-Factor, but I think at least a couple would be successful after.

Judges should also be on there longer than a season or two. Maybe add an audience popularity to judges, based on how well their contestants do on the show? This way, judges stay longer. I had an artist be a judge on the show. And someone that was on her team won all three seasons she was on the show. I think it would make sense that X-Factor would want to renew her contract for more seasons.

I think it’d also be cool to add in Syco Records, which also signs a few past X-Factor contestants. Possibly adding past suggestions for unsigned artists to release music independently may also help with this. And maybe the finalists’ potential singles actually get released as singles. It would also be interesting if contestants had past music released before being on the show, possibly independently released music? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/13/2022 at 4:20 PM, mesail said:

The X Factor show is really cool feature but I think it needs to be revisited to make better. The first thing I’ve noticed is that X-Factor contestants have a lot of missing info if you sign them, such as ethnicity.

I also think it would be cool to see them get signed. A lot of them, including winners, never do anything after their season. It could be interesting to see them get signed and do well after being on the show. It’s realistic that a majority of them don’t do much after X-Factor, but I think at least a couple would be successful after.

Judges should also be on there longer than a season or two. Maybe add an audience popularity to judges, based on how well their contestants do on the show? This way, judges stay longer. I had an artist be a judge on the show. And someone that was on her team won all three seasons she was on the show. I think it would make sense that X-Factor would want to renew her contract for more seasons.

I think it’d also be cool to add in Syco Records, which also signs a few past X-Factor contestants. Possibly adding past suggestions for unsigned artists to release music independently may also help with this. And maybe the finalists’ potential singles actually get released as singles. It would also be interesting if contestants had past music released before being on the show, possibly independently released music? 

On 1/24/2022 at 5:33 AM, Marko said:

omg yesss!!!

1. Yes the Xfactor gameplay needs some updating and tweeking. I've noticed sometimes info is missing so this would be great if that could be fixed.

2. I like the idea of some getting signed as well, i think this is done by random in the game (e.g. a unsigned artist in the database gets signed randomly at a random time). But I think its a cool idea that every artist that wins releases a 'Winners Single' and maybe even an album as this often happens anyways, then they often get dropped after that.

3. In reality, some judges stay on the panel for 5+ years so I don't think its a bad thing that this happens (I know it does make it hard for players to join the panel though). I think the contract negotiation could be improved on this one, which may help the problem of others being judges for too long. (E.g. you can pre sign a contact for your artist to join when there is a next available slot).

4. Like mentioned in point 2, cool idea if winner gets at least 1 single and 1 album automatically upon winning. Maybe this can be exclusively with Syco records as label.

Thanks so much for your suggestions and ideas @mesail😃 

• Like 2