Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Studios generating no revenue

macfry

I tried this with different labels and different setups of studios. Forwarded one year and had 0 revenue.

Also, if you try to shut down a studio, it doesn't work. You get the popup but can't confirm destroying the studio.

Do I miss something here or is this a bug?

In general, I have similar problems with manufacturing, very little to no revenue. Distribution is partially working but almost always with less revenue than monthly costs.

Thanks.

I noticed in my semi-long-term game (went from July to Dec. or Jan.) that because of how sales work in the game (you have to get the artist's hot as hell with quality mattering not all that much) and the AI being horrible at it, they tended to do a ton of streaming but order almost no CDs. To the point that even the few moderately-successful albums or singles would be 80%+ streaming sales. So that would explain why you're not seeing that much revenue from distribution or manufacturing. You'd almost have to rely on having a big stable of artists to make it work. I hope he can fix the game because this genre has essentially died off in the last several years.