Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Unrealistic Album Charting

MrDash

My artist is only popular in Europe (100% rating) and his latest album became a no 1 hit in every single country there is!

The album only has half the hype, small album cover and I didn't do any marketing at all (social media campaign etc.) cause I was broke that time.

I only did a couple of TV show appearances but that was entirely in Europe alone.

ARTIST REPUTATION:

XJsVikR.png

ALBUM DETAILS:

539ZNsf.png

SOUTH AMERICA CHARTING: (continent where I had 1/100 reputation only)

t0yz0Ya.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mark said:

Some could argue you just released an extremely hight rated album..

Well maybe, but I thought you've made it more difficult to write songs with high lyrical ratings. 

I find that I can still produce tracks with high qualities despite of your recent update.

And doesn't the continental reputation rating has some bearing on charting?

I mean with a reputation of 1/100 my artist is basically unknown in that continent, but somehow the people there supported my album? I didn't even promote it there.

Edited by MrDash

What i find with reputation. Your album does good but it starts to drop the next week unless it has an amazing commercial rating and even then if you dont have a reputation your album starts to drop when people with higher reputation make albums. 

13 minutes ago, voothevoolian said:

What i find with reputation. Your album does good but it starts to drop the next week unless it has an amazing commercial rating and even then if you dont have a reputation your album starts to drop when people with higher reputation make albums. 

I wish that was true in my case but my album charted like 9 weeks at no 1 in all those continents.

Eg: SOUTH AMERICA (BRAZIL)

qj2IEth.png

So this issue brings up a number of problems I'm battling with.

1. Smaller charts with lower sales figures are affected so much more dramatically than the higher one.

2. If I made it so it was near impossible for an exceptional release to do well id get complaints.

- So to counter this I plan to do the following.

Hard mode will make it extremely hard for you to chart well without reputation. It wont make the next patch but maybe the one after.

3. I still need to reduce the frequency of very high quality tracks being produced.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mark said:

1. Smaller charts with lower sales figures are affected so much more dramatically than the higher one.

2. If I made it so it was near impossible for an exceptional release to do well id get complaints.

Hard mode will make it extremely hard for you to chart well without reputation. It wont make the next patch but maybe the one after.

3. I still need to reduce the frequency of very high quality tracks being produced.

What about if you just made the streaming to sale ratio in smaller sale countries larger. This would then maybe help with the high charting situation?

13 hours ago, Scotland2013 said:

What about if you just made the streaming to sale ratio in smaller sale countries larger. This would then maybe help with the high charting situation?

Potentially

On 4/19/2021 at 5:47 PM, Mark said:

I really like your alternative, and I think will be better if you do that for the others artists too, not just ours

it is very strange to see a local Brazilian artist at # 1 in all countries even with a reputation 1 for example