Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Time locked audio formats

jamsjamsjams

I think it would be cool if there Is an option to make different types of audio formats (cds, vinyl, downloads and streaming) time locked. So streaming sales won't be available until 2005 but it won't peak until the late 2010s. Streaming would rise starting early 2010s while digital downloads would be at it peak. 

It could also affect the industry sales and stuff. For example, in the late early 2000s CDS dominated and when you compared it to earlier years unit wise it is lower. Despite the units being low, the industry peaked revenue wise. The top selling album numbers could be similar within one another, but have anomalies. (Like Adele) 

Also, I'm not sure if the game charts are weighted by numbers sales but it would be cool if it's weighted different in different times (like 20% downloads, 40% streaming, 40% radio)

I know it's a lot to add especially when you integrate it with trends and etc but it's just a suggestion. Thanks for constantly updating the game, Mark!!! spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

I do want to implement something like this so mods are more fun. When I have a moment to think about it ill see if I can add somehing into 1.3 but if not the next release. Some good data there thanks.

• Like 2