Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Certifications in Switzerland

mcaso

The number of sales needed for single certification in Switzerland are set on 20,000 for Platinum and 15,000 for Diamond. According to Google there seems to be no Diamond certs in Switzerland in real life so one has to make up the numbers, but it should definitely be more than for Platinum (my guess is it was intended to be 150,000 but is missing a zero). For albums it looks fine: 30,000 for Platinum and 250,000 for Diamond.

• Like 1

Also some of the medium-to-small European countries probably need to tweak the numbers for certifications, it is too easy to get tons of certifications in countries like Slovakia, Croatia or Norway (I think you put the actual numbers for certifications but didn't take into account that in real life they don't use streaming when counting sales, which in the game add up to ~75% of sales; as a consequence artists are getting ~4 times the certifications they should).

In a quick search even forgetting about the streaming some of the numbers are already off, Norway actually has set 30,000 for Gold and 60,000 for Platinum (in singles) while in-game it is 5,000 for Gold and for 10,000 Platinum.

Also if some countries dont add streaming at this point I wont be customising their certifications, it will get too bespoke.

5 hours ago, Mark said:

Also if some countries dont add streaming at this point I wont be customising their certifications, it will get too bespoke.

No, I didn't mean customise them to not count streaming but tweak the numbers for certifications raising them to give a better picture of how it would actually work (e.g. if in reality it is 10,000 units without streaming and streaming is about 75% of units in the game you can set it in 40,000 units in the game to give a better approximation)