Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Regional Sales

Luninha

There should be something that doesn't allow to asian genres to sell so much elsewhere than Asia. In real life, there's much difficulty for an asian genre to be able to penetrate in the US market, and even if they're huge in their country, an artist of JPop, Kpop and other asian genres wouldn't be able to top the Billboard chart and sell so much as they sell in their home country. Of course we have exceptions today, but that would be a cool feature to implement as it gets too unrealistic when you're a Jpop band or artist and one of your major selling location is US, which doesn't make much sense.

For example, in Music Wars Empire, we have a feature that does that called Barriers, which set the difficulty for one market to sell well in the others.
image.png.3796853b8443786afb56fa4bfa15eed6.png
In order, US, Canada, Latin America, UK, Europe, Oceania and Asia. And this configuration shows the barriers for US industry. We can see that the last one (Asian Genres) are the most difficult to sell in the US.

So maybe you could group the genres into some regional stuff and set a difficulty degree for them to sell in each other markets?

That would implement a lot of realism and would be SO cool!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good idea. I agree with you

I experimented with one of my artists. I got them to release some country songs which were 5-6 million sellers in europe but did poor every where else. I also experimented them with reggae songs and they were big sellers as well.  I find almost anything I release with my artists always sells more in europe than anywhere else. In fact, their reputation often increases quicker in Europe, even if I don't release anything. 

Edited by ldc93