Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

I want to flop!

Teruminha

My artist after she reached 80% up in popularity, she only gets # 1! Even with me launching only digital and streams, without any promotion and so on. ALWAYS picks up # 1, and this is unreal 😞

• Like 2

Are you producing incredibly high quality releases as ive look into this before and im sorry if you produced a song that was 95-98 on all categories each time you would be insanely popular.

Would you prefer a random number generator? More than willing to change things I always am but back it up with information please.

I think the sales shouldnt go extremely well everytime, cause it's just not how it occurs in real life, even if the song is top quality and the artist is very popular. So adding some sort of mechanism that does a debuff on sales every once and a while to make them not be number 1 records everytime would be cool. I'm not a coder though, so I wouldn't know how would that translate in the coding.

• Like 1

In next patch is

• Less chance of top quality lyrical track when writing.
  • Less chance of highly produced top rated track.
  • Chance of failure even if its perfect.

Problem here is perfect means you have produced a track that would appear to most people.

• Like 2

About this @Mark, I also noticed that once you earn money you basically have all you need to get very good stats number so, yes, it gets every easy to get a hit! Having less chance to produce great tracks would be perfect already, and having a bit of "random"/"chance" of failure would be good to test! Like, maybe helping a chart run with peformances and stuff. It usually happens that a single debuts at its peak and it's mostly a descending phase right after, the outer way around could also be more challenging! Also, I don't look at reputation that much..but maybe it's more easy to earn than to lose it

• Like 2

Regarding the number 1 debuts on the charts, I think it should occur only with popular enough artists, who have been away for a while and have generated enough hype for their upcoming lead single.

I'm thinking about fanbases here as well. Maybe in future we can have like fanbase rating/figures in each continent. The more people in the fanbase, the greater the chances of having a number 1 debut.

The subsequent singles (from the same album) however, shouldn't achieve the same level of success, unless of course, they're very well written and produced. This is entirely up to hype/reception from the general population and fanbases.

Just saying, cause my popular artist tend to go number 1 everywhere with ease during the first week. I think emphasis should be given on certain parameters such as country of origin, race, public perception etc. to really encapsulate someone's true popularity.

In short, I want to flop every now and then too ... lol.

Edited by MrDash
  • Like 3

So this has been implemented in the next patch but not too hardcore so we will see how it goes.

Here is a great example of where local preferrence does come into play in the game already.

Capture1.JPG

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mark said:

So this has been implemented in the next patch but not too hardcore so we will see how it goes.

Here is a great example of where local preferrence does come into play in the game already.

Capture1.JPG

Yes. The charts for countries like China, India, South Korea, Japan etc. should consist mainly of music from their local artists. Only the most successful international artists should be able to reach the top 10 or even top 5 in these countries.

• Like 4

@Mark

I don't understand codes, I just posted something that is bad for the game in my experience. If you suggest an opinion of mine about it, I don't know how I can suggest it, since I don't understand codes and everything I would suggest would be very "utopian".
... but as you asked, i had already said in another topic about the first singles of an album with a very popular artist and with high hype, the debut in # 1 or top 20 (is not a rule) it's always a higher position (serves for all the singles released before the album). After the album, all the songs will no longer be new, so the goal is to work more and more to reach broader audiences, and this is achieved with weeks and weeks of dissemination, but not only on TV, nowadays TV and Awards aren't go viral like they used to. So I suggested the other day that those disclosures on social networks (facebook, instagram, etc.) be something that could be done in any week, not just at debut. Thus, we could choose the best week to invest, ANYWAY, if possible, it's my idea.

On 4/5/2021 at 5:46 AM, MrDash said:

Yes. The charts for countries like China, India, South Korea, Japan etc. should consist mainly of music from their local artists. Only the most successful international artists should be able to reach the top 10 or even top 5 in these countries.

Brazil too

While we're into this discussion, I also wanted to point out that only truly deserving singles should stay for multiple weeks at number 1. 

These days, in real life, artists tend to have huge 1 debuts then plummet immediately off the top 10 or even top 20 by the following week.

So, I'm expecting something similar to happen in this game as well, but like I said, if it's a really good song then it can stay on top for a while.

There should also be instances where we debut at lower regions of the chart initially but we then slowly climb our way up to the top (through TV show appearances, award show performances, touring, streaming parties etc.)

On 4/5/2021 at 12:46 PM, MrDash said:

Yes, I agree with you. It doesn't make sense that someone with a low reputation and who is not from that country reaches the top of the chart.

But there are always exceptions and this is where its the impossible task. I do feel there is plenty more tweak to be done however.