Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Non single sales not being carried over

Scotland2013

Non single sales arent being carried over when becoming a single. It had good 10,000 copies as a non single but its not showing up and hasnt moved over. this problem is linked to another thread. Ill link it below. The other thread has the saves for the issues.

Non single songs - Bugs and errors - The Road 2 Success Forums

image.thumb.png.8897411ffd8a67b5fa53d8ce014e62a1.png

I don't think they should. From RIAA guidelines: "Certification count begins at the track’s release date", so before it's released as a single the streams shouldn't count except for the album units and the non-single track. After its release, every track or video stream of the single (including the album version) is merged into the single release so further streams from the album track count towards the single.

What doesn't makes much sense is that releasing a track as a single makes it actually sell less units, promotion associated to the single release should make it sell quite a lot.

Β 

1 hour ago, mcaso said:

I don't think they should. From RIAA guidelines: "Certification count begins at the track’s release date", so before it's released as a single the streams shouldn't count except for the album units and the non-single track. After its release, every track or video stream of the single (including the album version) is merged into the single release so further streams from the album track count towards the single.

What doesn't makes much sense is that releasing a track as a single makes it actually sell less units, promotion associated to the single release should make it sell quite a lot.

Β 

That may be the case for the USA (which is weird any way, why let a song chart on the singles charts if its not going to accumulate sales). However, around the world, including the UK, sales are still accumulated whilst being a non single. Therefore they should accumulate sales as it is more representative of the whole world rather than just the USA (1 country). And if they dont accumulate sales, they shouldnt chart on the singles charts (if they dont have sales how can they chart??)

On 3/16/2021 at 9:22 AM, mcaso said:

Β 

That's not true, it worked this way when we used to be on the digital era, now that we live in the stream era all tracks are being certifiedΒ 

See exile by Taylor Swift, isn't a single, but it's gold certified on the USA

14 hours ago, Mark said:

I wont hard code specific rules for charts it will be one way or the other.

I am still thinking about this.

Okay πŸ‘ I think if you decide they don't accumulate sales as a non single song,Β then there isn't really much point in them being on the charts alrogether as they don't count toward anything.Β  Also, if they don't accumulate sales they shouldn't be on the charts as they technically have no sales to get a chart performance (if that makes sense).

But, if you decide they will accumulate sales, then it does make total sense being on the singled charts (as they getting sales).Β 

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Just now, Scotland2013 said:

Okay πŸ‘ I think if you decide they don't accumulate sales as a non single song,Β then there isn't really much point in them being on the charts alrogether as they don't count toward anything.Β  Also, if they don't accumulate sales they shouldn't be on the charts as they technically have no sales to get a chart performance (if that makes sense).

But, if you decide they will accumulate sales, then it does make total sense being on the singled charts (as they getting sales).Β 

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

The 1 problem is, that if the song does really well worldwide as a non single song (and accumulates millions of sales). Then when you release the song as a single, it will accumulate millions more sales on top of the already high sales, making it really overpowered.