Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Now Album Sales Are Far Too Low

Scotland2013

In the Uk albums are getting the absolute maximum sales per week of 45k but are staying mostly in 20k or 30k. This is really low, it needs to be more like maximum 65k and staying mostly in 40k to 50k. Also this problem happens everywhere else in the world as well.

I think however, that the album streams are great number so maybe just increase the amount of digital and physical sales to solve the problem above rather than messing with streaming!

• Like 1

In the UK, the top selling album of the year was a soundtrack album and sold only 400k copies (which is only 1x platinum), the second best selling album only sold 200k which isnt even a platinum album. All albums after this just sell less and less copies so there is something wrong with the sales as they should be alot higer than this with some albums even getting 2x platinum etc. Same problem in USA, the top selling album of the year is selling 1 millio and then the second one is only selling 400k which isnt even platinum. It is only the first year in game so ill leave it simulated a little while longer to see if its just because its a new game but sales are really low. Ive noticed that sountrack albums are selling really well as well and are staying number 1 for weeks on end, not sure if this is a bug or they are all genuinely good sountrack albums.

Cardi b just had an album release in the UK and it debuted at number 2 but with only 17k sales, this is really low. Also the number 1 album has 40k sales so there are huge gaps in sales on the charts, this would be fine if the gap was say between #40 and #41 but this is a huge gap in sales between the number 1 and 2 slots

1 minute ago, Scotland2013 said:

Heres the save incase you need it:

101.zip 41.78 MB · 0 downloads

@Mark If you manage to fix this issue with albums and increase their sales, would we need to create new saves or would the old saves work?

Just now, Scotland2013 said:

@Mark If you manage to fix this issue with albums and increase their sales, would we need to create new saves or would the old saves work?

My sales got lowered in existing saves, so I think existing saves would be affected too. 

And yeah, I agree with the premise of this thread, though maybe not for all artists, but for the top tier ones for sure.

I just ran a test with Michael Jackson and he sold about 12,5 million albums, after sitting 12 weeks at #1 of the charts.

In real life it is estimated his Dangerous album sold 32 million copies worldwide and 8 million in the USA alone (wikipedia).

I'm not sure how you managed to get 12 million but sales in the game. On my save, no artist has more than 4 million album sales

8 minutes ago, Jord said:

My sales got lowered in existing saves, so I think existing saves would be affected too. 

And yeah, I agree with the premise of this thread, though maybe not for all artists, but for the top tier ones for sure.

I just ran a test with Michael Jackson and he sold about 12,5 million albums, after sitting 12 weeks at #1 of the charts.

In real life it is estimated his Dangerous album sold 32 million copies worldwide and 8 million in the USA alone (wikipedia).

The Official UK charts data in the Uk says that the average number 1 album sells 60k copies in a week. Currently in game (as mentioned above) the number 2 album is selling 17k, thats for too low

54 minutes ago, Scotland2013 said:

I'm not sure how you managed to get 12 million but sales in the game. On my save, no artist has more than 4 million album sales

Well it's Michael Jackson in his prime (1990, around 99 reputation everywhere).

32 minutes ago, Jord said:

Well it's Michael Jackson in his prime (1990, around 99 reputation everywhere).

Even some artists with 100 rep everywhere on my game don't even do that?

Even some artists with 100 rep everywhere on my game don't even do that?

I managed him myself, maybe that makes a difference. The record has a reputation of 100.

57 minutes ago, Jord said:

I managed him myself, maybe that makes a difference. The record has a reputation of 100.

Yeah, even ones I manave with 100 rep don't get that much sales

Yes,the same happens to me. I was playing with Taylor Swift with a reputation of a 99 in North America but the album debuted at #1 with only 107k sales.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MrDash said:

Yeah I had my artist's single selling 12 million worldwide after the new update. For album, I'm nearing 10 million sales.

23 minutes ago, paul12 said:

Yes,the same happens to me. I was playing with Taylor Swift with a reputation of a 99 in North America but the album debuted at #1 with only 107k sales.

1 hour ago, Jord said:

Thanks all 🙂 Ill give it a go on my save now and see what sort of sales im able to achieve

9 hours ago, Jord said:

Minhas vendas diminuíram nas economias existentes, então acho que as economias existentes também seriam afetadas. 

E sim, eu concordo com a premissa deste tópico, embora talvez não para todos os artistas, mas para os de primeira linha, com certeza.

Acabei de fazer um teste com Michael Jackson e ele vendeu cerca de 12,5 milhões de álbuns, depois de ficar 12 semanas na posição # 1 das paradas.

Na vida real, estima-se que seu álbum Dangerous vendeu 32 milhões de cópias em todo o mundo e 8 milhões apenas nos EUA (wikipedia).

How can I hire Michael, Beatles ...??
Notification of legendary points has arrived, but I don't know how to use them. can anybody help me?

37 minutes ago, taylorswift13 said:

How can I hire Michael, Beatles ...??
Notification of legendary points has arrived, but I don't know how to use them. can anybody help me?

Untick the legend box (in the editor), then you can put them at any label you want, and start with that label.

Edited by Jord
  • Like 1

If your game is set for nowadays, the 60k average for number 1 is no longer true in the UK. Album sales are very low.

These are the sales figures for last week's top 10.

1 Kings of Leon 19,530 16,154 3,376

2 Dua Lipa 5,408

3 Digga D 5,361

4 Gabrielle 4,956

5 The Weeknd 4,693

6 Queen 4,107

7 Pop Smoke 4,099

8 Harry Styles 4,019

9 Lewis Capaldi 3,955

10 Ed Sheeran 3,633

Hi @Mark, in order to avoid to open another thread about this I'll use this one. Playing with the 1.3.9.923 and I am almost a year in-game. Album sales seems very low, for example...the #1 album in the US is selling 16k barely with streaming. Other regions seems to have a little bit "better" numbers, but still low! 

53 minutes ago, Mark said:

The numbers were reduced but it depends on those releases and if they are any good. What ratings and rep did they have?

It depends, they go from 49 in commercial to 80ish! One of them is Beyoncé, but as a Commercial rating about 60! The fact is the the lower part of the chart is filled with very old albums (like 40 weeks old) charting with less than 200 copies. I'm gonna try to move on in order to allow the game to arrange more releases and see what happens!

1 hour ago, Monky2405 said:

There you go @Mark. Numbers are actually good for their stats I think, it's more like..there's not enough competition?

SavedGame.r2s 70 MB · 0 downloads Temp.db 40.46 MB · 0 downloads SavedGame.db 40.46 MB · 0 downloads

Yes, I have noticed this. When I release albums, the sales seem to be high. But when the game automatically releases albums, they seem to be very low sales with the occasional good album getting normal sales. So I think there is just a lack of artists releasing great albums (or the code for deciding what a great album is, is too harsh)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, this kinda goes up and now. It's like there are a few weeks with enough releases to make it a bit more challenging, but most of the times there really is no competition and you end up seeing bad albums selling (fairly) very low but charting at like...#20? It's not really about the numbers but about the number of releases pulling those numbers, in order to have more albums selling, less or more, the same amount of copies making it look a little bit more realistic.

I need more data on this because im seeing trends. You wont see high sales every week. I have also really changed how often releases come since the version from your data.

In my current game, looking at the US albums chart, albums from #44 are selling less than 1000 copies, it's mostly very old albums charting for at least 10/15 weeks (one is also at 38 weeks). Considering their quality and their age I think it's pretty fair how low they are selling, the fact is that this is affecting the whole chart..making it look very weak and allowing very bad albums to chart very high with very low sales. Also, gaps sometimes are really huge...for example first two albums charting  are selling around 60k copies after three weeks (and it's ok), the #3 is at 28k. The only new entry at #6, it's with an average of 60 points in all metrics by an artist with a 28 points rep, and it's charting with 11k copies. Looking at the albums release schedule only 4 new albums are coming in the next 2 weeks (upcoming singles are much more), so basically there will be not enough competition or new entries to make it look a little bit ore changelling. Numbers change week by week, but this situation is kinda standard. I think there is not enough albums being released and that the ones being released are not good enough most of the times. Not that I want to see new albums charting high every week, I mean..longevity is a thing that should exist, but with different standards in numbers. Please @Mark this is kinda hard to explaing with my rotten english so please forgive me if it's not clear enough..