Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

New Game Huge database

Drastically

it happened to me on my old laptop too, I tried on the new one and it started just fine, took a little more time than normal or big database but it worked, so the game take more system resources than we can expect from it.

Its hard for me to check what the benchmark is for this but it works for me. I think its basically asking too much but saying that even for me you must leave it a long time. 15% is essentially the point where its creating what around 7500 artists and making sure the gameworld is balanced.

Low spec devices wont be able to load this.

Hi Mark i have a I5 4430 is that chip to much for a huge database it is stuck on 15% my last attempt i left for 4 hours and when i looked next it was still on 15% i cant see a i5 chip being to little or it might be now not sure

My machine is i9 with 32gb high clock rate ram.

Ultimately I would not recommend the huge database. if a mod game out with thousands of artists this cuts out this process.

11 hours ago, Nick90 said:

Hi Mark i have a I5 4430 is that chip to much for a huge database it is stuck on 15% my last attempt i left for 4 hours and when i looked next it was still on 15% i cant see a i5 chip being to little or it might be now not sure

i'v tryed the normal database and occurs the same here, loading is stuck in 15% too

19 hours ago, italobm1 said:

i'v tryed the normal database and occurs the same here, loading is stuck in 15% too

oh right not sure if it is a bug then as it worked fine for me on the normal database just anything over large and it started sticking on 15% for me

What do the different databases mean? I know the bigger the size the more artists and bands etc, but what exactly changes.

Fore example, does it just change the amount of randomly generated artists? Does a small database remove some of the real artistsin the real database? If so, how does it choose which ones)

The database size and what it is does is down to how big the database is.

If you select the huge database:

500 bands need creating so the game reserves x number of artists for band members. Average of 6 members per band is calculation used.

It will then load artist and band data from the database which uses up the numbers. Whats left is then passed back and the game will generate random artists/bands. It will do so checking what genres need more artists and also what countries are short to give a worldwide representation.

If the database is small it will load by order of when they were added until the limit is hit.