Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Album Vs Singles

Scotland2013

I signed Meghan Trainor to my label (who was rep lower than 20 everywhere) and released a single with quite high promo (costing around $700,000 total). It got to number 29 in USA, 28 in Uk and similar numbers around the world (which is expected).

I then released an album by her. I did absolutely no promotion at all.  It only cost $20,000 to release the album (as seen below). yet she in number 1 in america and in the top 5 around the world. So it seems that albums just sell well and doesnt really mattter what the reputation of the artist is.

The commercial quality of the single and album were both over 90. So i think that the problem is albums just sell well no matter the artist or rep

image.thumb.png.7e127a7f313384acb3feff4d7e82f493.pngimage.thumb.png.f7baec2f15a8a2db3c73a1e4a134d4a0.png

Just now, Scotland2013 said:

And despite it being number 1 in USA with over 250 million streams, there doesnt seem to be and of the album songs in the singles charts?

One of the songs has 40 milllion streams, which would mean (if divided by 150) it has 280,000 sales, yet it isnt on the charts?

This happens to me, I have an artist that's highest peaking song was #27 and their 3 track ep (with minimum promo) went number 5 worldwide with like 10 rep

Ive had a look at some spotify statistics and it seemss that the best commercial singles that have been huge hits worldwide(e.g despacito (which was huge worldwide), Dance monkey, circles etc.) only get 50 million streams in a week maximum. I see that in game, album songs are getting around 40 - 50 million streams on spotify. So something is not right here. I think album streams need dramatically decreasing. Maybe only allowing the top 3 best songs on the album (rated by commercial rating) can only get high album streams and chart on the singles charts.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 7:19 AM, Scotland2013 said:

Ive had a look at some spotify statistics and it seemss that the best commercial singles that have been huge hits worldwide(e.g despacito (which was huge worldwide), Dance monkey, circles etc.) only get 50 million streams in a week maximum. I see that in game, album songs are getting around 40 - 50 million streams on spotify. So something is not right here. I think album streams need dramatically decreasing. Maybe only allowing the top 3 best songs on the album (rated by commercial rating) can only get high album streams and chart on the singles charts.

im not sure if this is fixed but a workaround is highly increasing the streaming sales in the editor for every country. Most countries are at 1000-2000 sales per stream range. the streaming number would still be high, but the sales should decrease. 

The latest update comes with heavily reduced album sales. A work in progress but lets see how this is. I think Singles still needs more work down too.