Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

QUESTIONS ABOUT MAKING A ROCK ERA MOD

Rodney_Rankin

I would like to make a mod starting as far back as 1956.  Some questions...

1.  Can I use hiatus to delay the appearance of artists who have yet to debut?

2.  How should I handle artists who are part their prime but still producing charting material?

3.  How do the "One Hit Wonder" and "Supergroup" tags impact the ratings?

4.  Is it safer to write over existing artists, labels, etc in the database, instead of starting from scratch?

5.  What is the limit as far as the # of acts the database can safely handle?

Ill move this as it should probably go under the 1.3 modding area ahead of release.

1. Yes you can put artists on hiatus

2. Not sure what you mean? lower rep?

3. These are used for how far they can develope stats wise.

4. There is a limit to the number of labels, this has been increased in 1.3. Right now id recommend you overide yeah.

5. 2000 acts.

Thank you for getting back to me.  #2 had a typo.  I was trying to sort out bands that are past their peak.  Like, for example, The Beach Boys in the 70s and 80s.  They would have an occasional noteworthy single, but, they were well past their commercial prime.

One new question, if I may:  Is it possible to edit song and album titles during a game.  For instance, if I am in 1980 and Genesis puts out an album, could I edit the Album name and song titles?

Thank you for your time, as well as your game!

Essentially its reputation based then because lower rep can have good releases if they make one where as higher rep can get away with less quality because their fan base will still want it.

Its not possible at the moment to edit titles but in theory its quite easy to add I just dont think its common practice.

Hey I'm interested on this Rock Era mod, should be fun to play! Not sure how releasing a Beach Boys album to streaming services will feel reality-wise though lol. I've tried in the past to edit the data base so no streaming services are available and sales would come through actual records, but i've failed. My artists just sell half number of records than their "competition" . Is there any chance this could be done right?

• 3 months later...
On 10/20/2020 at 6:18 PM, Mark said:

5. 2000 acts.

Is there any chance this can get increased?

I want to make 80s-90s mod (perhaps even 60s-70s) with modern artists included who have a hiatus until they debut

• Like 1