Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

How will modding work in 1.3

Mark

In version 1.3 is all the new data fields for version 1.3. There is lots added and at some point ill add to this post to list them.

If you make a mod for the game create a new topic to inform users of whats in your mod and you can also upload the database but I will add to the download part of the game once reviewed.

• Like 3

Hey I'm new around here, been playing this game for some time and it's addictive tbh. I've also customize the database to change some things but I wish it could be possible to edit/add genres. Is it possible in 1.3? Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Also it would be really interesting if you could release your singles to radio, streaming, digital and phisical stores at different times, a practice that's been common in real life for decades, especially in the UK. Also, to release in certain countries instead of a whole continent would be great. I don't know if it's a lot to ask! I have no experience at all at coding, programming... Just ideas that come to mind when playing this amazing game. Thank you!

• Like 1

Hi, there's a minor problem with 1.2 regarding record keeping.  It automatically stops counting longest weeks at #1 after 9 weeks on the charts while my single hit a 13th week at the top. 

I'd appreciate if you look into this in future updates. 

6 hours ago, J Sercer said:

Hey I'm new around here, been playing this game for some time and it's addictive tbh. I've also customize the database to change some things but I wish it could be possible to edit/add genres. Is it possible in 1.3? Thanks in advance!

Welcome 🙂

Genres is tricky but expect an update where I implement sub genres and we will see a more customisable setup for genres and you will be able to add more.

2 hours ago, Night guy said:

Hi, there's a minor problem with 1.2 regarding record keeping.  It automatically stops counting longest weeks at #1 after 9 weeks on the charts while my single hit a 13th week at the top. 

I'd appreciate if you look into this in future updates. 

All sales and data code is new code. all 10's thousands of lines of code of it all new.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark said:

Welcome 🙂

Genres is tricky but expect an update where I implement sub genres and we will see a more customisable setup for genres and you will be able to add more.

Thanks! That sounds great! You're doing an amazing job with this game!

• 1 year later...

Singles need to be made to where they can actually charter longer than 20 weeks if held strong. 

also, Award shows should have the option of you submitting your artist to perform a single (Past or Current single from current album) for a cash amount, and they select based on who is charting good, which in turn helps on the charts. and some categories (Best pop Collab) need to be reworked.

also the same with festivals (which wouldnt hold a huge impact at all, but still allow more than 10 at big festivals and allow your artists to be asked or try to get on themselves)

Music videos should get a release date option (making a video before the single is out makes the video release soon as its done filming) 

• Like 1