Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Viper Hamato (Singer, Songwriter and Producer) [Redone]

Guest PhasedWolf13

Guest PhasedWolf13

*Songs used in some of the albums are from genuine artists that I respect as Legends and people who have inspired me in one way or another - if you get a chance, please listen to there music

Burning Flag Era (2002-2004)

The succession of one of the worlds greatest 2000's acts is often regarded as one of luck. Nothing more so, but instead was nothing of so - but something of hard work, patience, and discipline. This is the story of Viper Hamato.

At only the age of fifteen, Hamato was signed, along with his brother to Sony Records, with the contract obligated to allow him to have his own record company with 30 Million of funds being supplied each year to the record label in order to keep the newly signed talent in business before business began. Though the school had gotten in the way a majority of the time - Hamato wrote and recorded a majority of songs within a two year period. Some, just before the label ordered a new album to be due by 2004. 

While in the writing Process the songs that had been written in 2002 were

**Songs written by Raphael Hamato

*Songs Written by both Brothers

All songs without a star are written solely by Viper Hamato

Person I should have Been

Run Rudolph Run

*Snake In The Grass

*Help Is Coming

**Magic Road

**In The Heat Of The Jungle

**Shine

**For You I'll Die

**Hey Baby (Drop it To The Floor)

**Teardrops On My Guitar

**Greyhound

*This Love

*I Care 4 U

**Cheater

**Burning Flag

*Til My last Day

*More, More, More

*In So Deep

*Window To her

Open Til Midnight

Get Real

*Not Alone

*Boys Gone

*Maybe I won't Look Back

*Exposed

*Melting Pot

*Overneath The Path of Misery

*The Hat

*People In The Valley

In Late November after more than five writing sessions. Viper, along with Raphael's songwriting had a track layout for his album

Burning Flag (Late November 2002 Track Listing)

1. Cheater

2. For You, I'll Die

3. More, More, More

4. Teardrops On My Guitar

5. In So Deep

6. Not Alone

7. Boys Gone

8. Maybe I Won't look Back

9. People In The Valley

10. Burning Flag

Having relatively been happy with the listing as of far, recording began from the 15th of December - 25th of December doing three songs every day over a period of 10 days. But the CEO of Sony Records was not happy with the current state and says there could be more done to the album - though Viper fought day and night to get the album set in concrete. The CEO and marketing staff thought of this as a weaker album including the title track itself being the weakest overall.

Being disappointed, but also wanting to piss off the CEO - Viper kept Burning Flag and Cheater in the same place on the mid-February Configuration of the album. This would be the last time the album was changed.

The writing process with Raphael from 2003 onwards would be easier due to the relationship they had and knowing what the CEO would want in a sense. Songs about love - and though Viper and Raphael were all for that. Viper felt he needed to go against the grain, and have something newer.

The songs written in 2003 during the creative process were

All songs without being written solely by Viper Hamato

*Lost Fun Zone

*That's The Way I Like It

*Common Pleasure

*God Says Nothing Back

Scored A Goal

Paper (Which Eventually was turned into Monkey Business)

*When You Got Good Friends

*Fighting

*Money Comes And Goes

*Before My Eyes

*Delilah

Give Dem Some Way

Mystery Of Love

On Love, In Sadness

Having a lot more content to work with now, Viper headed back with the new track listing which got relative approval from the marketers and the CEO himself, Burning Flag no longer being the weakest track in people's mind, instead of being lifted by the other songs within the album that allowed the album to come together nicely

In Mid February after two writing sessions. Viper, along with Raphael's songwriting had a track layout for his album

Burning Flag (Mid-Feburary 2003 Track Listing)

1. Cheater

2. Fighting

3. Monkey Business

4. Teardrops On My Guitar

5. That's The Way I Like It

6. Not Alone

7. Boys Gone

8. Maybe I Won't look Back

9. Mystery Of Love

10. Burning Flag

With The Approval from a majority of the Marketers and the CEO's Approval. Viper was able to start piecing the album together - which began on the 20th of February - 24th of February. It was then on the 3rd of March that Viper Had Gotten the green light from Sony to Proceed with the recording of the album.

Having only taking Four days to Produce the album, Viper Hamato's "Burning Flag" was ready by the 7th of March. All in total - the album had spent 26 days being produced.

Burning Flag

10 Tracks, 78 Minutes

Genre: R&B

Release Date: March 22, 2004

Producer: Viper Hamato

Label: Hamato Records

Having now been awaiting release - The Label put a $75,000 Marketing Budget with $35,000 going to each single as long as Viper appears on three shows to try and promote both the album and single within the Asia and American Regions. Having agreed to his terms and knowing that it would be terminated if not doing so - he was also offered as executive Producer to choose his own singles as Sony believed in the artist is its own owner, not the company (which was soon dismissed as a false proposition). And it was with that, Viper chose his first single.

Having six months to make any move with promotion, Viper went back home to Kyoto, Japan to spend time with his brother and father - only two weeks later would he get a call that he would have to be needed to be living in New York in order to officially get business started to Sony's standards. Along with his brother and with his father's consent. The brothers moved to New York and began a fresh start there with Six months until Viper began his musical career.

It was then in June that Sony had allowed Viper if required to make his own studio at any point he needed to which allowed him the time to come out with any sort of creative ideas. Having heard this, Viper knew it would be difficult finding a place in New York and with this - Sony allowed Viper to spend company money on doing so after the albums income had been secured. Until such time, Viper would be stuck in a low-income housing apartment - slowly coming to terms with his debt which he'd now only just come to terms with finding out.

June also was the time that Viper started building up his promotional tours to TV Shows for his new song 'Cheater' appearing on Macam Macam Anzil in Asia before a week later appearing on The Tom Leykis Show. It was then in late June that he would go back once again in Asia to appear on Siree Wenfatahet and The Real over in the US.

July would be more so where he promoted on the Album then anything, doing three shows within Asia in the First week and returning to the US to do Talk shows the week after. Allowing him to focus on Single promotion in August.

September was quite a surprise for Viper as he didn't expect to get where he was so fast, only beginning in 2002. It would be 3 days before the release of his single that he would film a music video in New York to go with the song - which got relatively good reviews for Viper's first ever music video.

Debut sales for his first single stacked up to 202,826 worldwide and eventually went on to sell 2.5M copies. Overall, the Burning Flag era was a successful start to Viper's career and boosted him into the legends booklet further.

During the Burning flag era, it spawned1 no.1, 2 Top 10's, 2 top 5's and an album that sold more than 1.5M copies worldwide. But with Viper wanting to focus his time on promoting the album. Sony had called up and told him to get back to the studio. With consistent disagreement that it was too soon - Viper eventually went back on the 18th of May according to TMZ.

It was then on June 17th at the MTV Music Video Awards that Viper won "Best Video" for That's The Way I Like It. One of the top 5's in the US

He'd then proceeded to win another award at the Golden Melody Awards on the 24th of June for Mystery Of Love, a weak beginning for a now top 10 in the United States.

The last single from the album Burning Flag was the title track, which debuted at no.1 with some controversy of "Supposed Fake sales" but was made redundant by the fact that it'd stayed there for a second week with lower sales then what debut sales were original. The song eventually came down due to loss of eventual sales and hype from number one after 9 weeks at number one

Overall, the Burning flag era had brought in:

Singles: 17,568,976 Million Singles Sold from 5 Singles

Albums: 1,543,328 Million Copies Sold

Awards: 2

The songs written in Mid May 2004 during the creative process were

All songs without being written solely by Viper Hamato

*When you're in love

*Sweet Little Missy

*A Night This Side Of Dying

*Falling In Love

Too Much Food

Softer The Touch

Damn I Said It First

Side Effects

*Get My Math

*Oh Yeah!

Assassin

No One

Give the Mule What He Wants

From Where I'm Sitting

Helicopter

Strange Phenomena

Say Goodnight

Hold Onto your love

It was then during the last few months of the Burning Flag era that Viper's contractual agreement had not changed after he was promised that if he were to write a new album. Fed up with what he'd been promised consistently. Viper gave out a track listing to the H&R which was approved but then directed by Viper Hamato to be published. The only thing was, Viper was using older content, which Sony did not approve of at any point due to the sound not sounding new enough.

The album configuration as of early-September 2004 was:

1. Person, I should have been

2. Hey Baby

3. Side Effects feat. Eminem

4. Shine

5. Get Real

6. This Love

7. I care 4 U

8. Common Pleasure

9. Money Comes and Goes

10. On Love, In Sadness

11. Falling In Love

12. Hold Onto Your Love

One song that screamed out at Viper was Side Effects, which with an eventual decision, was the name of the Album that would be released in less than 5 months.

Guest PhasedWolf13

Side Effects Era (Sptember 2004- June 2005)

"What he has done as an artist as far is going to show in the future as a legend. What he is doing right now is standing out and getting people talking about how different he is, and it shows with his chart position" - Music Times NY

"Though troubles at Sony, Viper shows what he is able to do as an artist with the talent he and his brother [Raphael] are able to hold as songwriters. The duo are a dangerous combo and we're ready to see where this takes them" - L.A Daily

"I wanted to stand out from the crowd, so during the process of developing my album [burning Flag], I decided to go with the 90's sound, even though it'd been played out. It really suited the album, and for some reason, it really suited me as an artist" - Viper Hamato

The Side Effects Era had commenced when the recording had started as of the 6th of September, 2004. Recording of the album finished on the 1st of November, 2004. Taking a month and 3 weeks to complete overall.

It was then in February of 2005 that Viper began his new era. Starting off with a single that he dropped. Side effects - featuring the rapper Eminem

"It was nice working with someone who had a different view on Music, it was a bit of competition during development, but I ended up learning a lot from him. He's a great guy and I see a lot of potential in him" - Eminem

Side effects feat. Eminem (Debut Sales: 161,551 #1 US) [#1 for 5 Weeks]

"I've heard a lot about him and I'm yet to see where he goes in terms of musically - I do wish him the best because he's definitely giving the R&B Sound a good run for its money" - Mariah Carey

It would be 13 weeks later that Side effects would still be within the top ten of the US Billboard charts. And it was during that time that Vipers Album Side Effects had dropped

Side Effects [Debut Sales: 292,391 #1US] (#1 for 1 week)

It would be during this time that Viper's 18th came along allowing him to be a complete adult. And still having a marriage to Celine Mccloud still under wraps since 2004. Viper received a call from Sony about the issue of their album processing. Having a good while fight, Viper was told that had if he were to proceed with lying about what was really on the album. The contract would be terminated immediately and will no longer be void - loosing his 5 million dollar advancement in the process.

Frustrated, Viper proceeded to subtlely fight back by pushing out one more single from the album when the H&R team required that he push out four from the album due to having hit potential to keep the album afloat.

Released on the 13th of June Hey Baby (Drop it to the floor) had debut sales of 214,811 [uS #1] (#1 for 2 weeks)

While swimming in the success of another billboard hit - Viper had come home one night to Celine wanting to end the marriage as quietly and as quickly as possible without anyone knowing. Being absolutely devastated by the move - Viper tried his hardest to get her back but had failed.

It was then a couple of days later that on the 19th of June, that Viper had gone completely dark, with his music video the only last evidence the general public had of him. Viper disappeared to clear his headspace, with the press unaware. Viper took time off to clear his head and write music for a whole entire 18 months by himself.

The Side Effects Era had raked in

Singles: 12,584,894 Million Singles Sold

Albums: 2,878,989 Million Copies sold (up 86% from debut sales)

Awards: 5 Nominations, 0 won

• 1 month later...
Guest PhasedWolf13

The Issues Era (July 2006- February 2009)

During the 18 months that Viper disappeared for, Sony had stated that they had contacted him multiple times in which they hadn't according to Viper to try and get him to write music in which he'd been doing under his instruction.

All songs are Written by Viper Hamato unless noted

Fast Love (G.Michael, remixed by V.Hamato, Part II)

Freakum Dress

Start It Up

I Won't Leave You Lonely (Tonight)

When

Raining On Our Love

Can't Let Go

A Place Near The City

Still, I'm Sad

Making A Movie

Love Hungry Man

That's What Love Can Do

It Only Hurts When I'm breathing

Just Be Free

Finding time is hard

Xbox

Playing Along

Turn Up The Volume

Offerings

The Same December

I Like it there

Right the Wrong

I Never Knew

This Is The Last Time

All I Want Is You (A.Howlett)

It was then in 2006 that Viper began recording songs for both the album and from the vault out of the fact that he wanted to keep the idea fresh in his mind at the time

"During the period of 2005-2011, that was single handily one of the most difficult writing stages of my life because I wanted to put so much on an album but Sony wasn't allowing me to do so, and that's when I made The Vault albums to show that there's a lot more work I have than just the usual ten to fifteen tracks that are on the album. I mean - I could drop an album right now, but I wouldn't cause one's out right now" - Viper Hamato (2013)

Recording Started from January of 2006 and fished in February of 2006

It was during the time that Viper had come up with what would be the initial album, unchanged: As of the 3rd of January, barely one song into the recording. The issues Track List was:

1. Fast love

2. God Says Nothing Back

3. Can't Let Go

4. Delilah

5. it Only Hurts When I'm breathing

6. I Won't Leave You Lonely Tonight

7. Hard-headed Woman

8. If You're Not in it for Love (I'm outta here)

9. Just Be Free

10. Raining On Our Love

11. No One

12. When

13. A Place Near The City

14. Sweet Little Missy

15. Fast Love Part II

Wanting to spend proper time on this album, Viper immediately began recording the songs for the album and began recording what would be the lead single. Having chosen between Fast Love and Can't Let Go a little while later - Viper began laying out what would be coming out over the next three years worth of singles.

It was then in March of 2006 that Sony released an EP with five tracks of unproduced, and unreleased music without Vipers consent. Only having 250,000 copies in every region.

"Unreleased" was Sony's threat to Hamato to openly come back and make an album before they release albums of Vipers Vault without any of his consent.

Unreleased featured the tracks:

1. When you Got Good Friends (Burning Flag Era)

2. When You're In Love (Burning Flag Era)

3. Overneath The Path of Misery (Burning Flag Era)

4. Say Goodnight (Burning Flag Era)

5. Oh yeah! (Burning Flag Era)

Though Going Number 1 almost everywhere when it was dropped on March 4. Viper found out the week after when it'd freshly charted.

"They were sending a cold threat to me because I supposedly wasn't answering their calls. Yet, they hadn't even called me at all. Not at one point during the 18 months did my team, I or even my brother get a call from any member of staff of Sony saying where am I or even where the album is. What they were doing was a game of manipulation in my mental state, but I had the upper hand in what game they were playing" - Viper Hamato when asked on Taylor Swift leaving Cash Money Records, Partially owned by Sony

"Unreleased EP" Debut Sales: 698,686 WW #1 for 2 weeks

Having been fed up enough with Sony's game playing, Viper made a call to one of the HR staff to request that his record company had not gotten the year thirty million 4 months after the new year, having noticed this and not checked back on whether or not it was true, Sony gave Hamato Records another thirty million.

"Basically, they were trying to play a game of listen to us and we'll listen to you, but I had the upper hand, and scammed a record company of 90 million within a year. They called me up about it to say where's 90 million and the idiots just blew it off as a hack. But I mean, even though it's not justified for my actions when you are mentally stressed and abused to put out art for someone else when you are sitting there, making it for people who want to relate. It sorts itself out in a sense."

It would be a whole 3 months after the mess that Viper would have Sony's mess relatively sorted out, going back into the headquarters with a meeting that Sony held against Viper. The financing staff, HR and CEO had stated that he acted like a male Mariah Carey - Walking in with an album on his hand, chucking it across the table and walking out without saying a single word

"When we had to transfer him from Sony Japan to Sony America, you could tell something was completely different about him when he came back to say that he was having enough. Something happened to him over in America that changed that man and it was something to do with the fact that he was treated unfairly. He'd had enough by 2009" - Sony Records Japan Spokesman

"There was a lot of stuff I held back and not told the press because I knew I was better than them, they put me down racially, mentally and physically - and it was just so unbearable some days, but the thing that I have most is the smirk on my face with the crap I got away with to compensate the way they treated me" -Viper, 2011

During the time between "Unreleased" and the "Issues" Era. Viper had more inspiration to write more music - country and R&B oriented

All songs were written by V.Hamato during this period as he didn't want to involve his brother in the Sony Debacle at the time:

Lost My Heart

All Fired Up, With Nowhere to Go (eventually changed to All Fired Up, No Place To Go)

Fly High

Streetwalker

100 MPH

Acknowledgment

Around The World

Silver

Happiness

Built For Speed

This House Is On Fire

The Curse

Feel The Silence

It would be on September 11th that Viper dropped the single "Can't Let Go" one of Viper's best ballads that he'd written since "Teardrops on My guitar" according to a lot of critics, also using what Mariah Carey was famously known for the first time, the whistle register which he'd used to his advantage during the end harmonies of the song, but wasn't added in on the music video due to Viper's decision that people might find it annoying.

"When I heard the initial melody of the song, I was amazed at what he'd done with his sound and how he'd changed it around to sound more mature then what he was. And I decided during my Vegas residency that I'd do the song because I knew he was going to be there - and he loved it. He did." - Mariah Carey, 2018 looking back at Viper's "Can't Let Go"

"I think what I was going through during the breakup was honestly the worst pain I would've gone through, but it got a lot off my chest and got me where I am today, and I'm grateful for it" - Viper Hamato, 2008 in Rolling Stone

"When you see one of your idols doing your song - it's honestly one of the most amazing things because you would never think that you'd see it in your life it's unexplainable" - Viper, 2018 holding back tears of amazement just a few hours earlier

"Can't Let Go"

WW Sales: # 789,474

US Sales, Debut: #205,977

Weeks at No.1 (US): #3

It was then in November that after the success of "Can't Let Go" That he followed up the release of the single with "Fast Love" with the B-Side being Part II that effortlessly blended in with the original song itself

"What he did with that song - even as a cover was splendid. And I've seen countless amounts of people do covers of my song, but when they're R&B oriented they just seem to pull it off a little slicker. He even did the rain scene in the music video as a commemoration to my video but his hairography or whatever you want to call it was amazing! Don't even get me started on the remix of it too" - George Michael, 2005

"Fast Love"

WW Sales: # 718,055

US Sales, Debut: #196,785

Weeks at No.1: #9

Before the release of the next single, Viper Hamato made plans to do a world tour spanning two years called the "Issues World Tour" His first Tour to support all three albums under his belt so far (Four counted with the EP). Announcements began on Saturday night Live where he'd stated he would begin on March 16th in the United Kingdom

The Next Single that was released was on February 26, with a little less promotion that both main singles had "Just Be Free" was the third single off the album before the albums prior release in May.

"Just Be Free"

WW Sales:#637,607

US Debut Sales:#218,015

Weeks at No.1 (US):#5

The issues World Tour was kicked off in the United Kingdom on the 16th of March and raked in $1,219,711,500 ($1.36B in 2019)

Individually, all legs during the 2007-2009

Leg 1 (Early 2007): $171,613,500

Leg 2 (Late 2007): $262,739,000

Leg 3 (Early 2008): $262,739,000

Leg 4 (Late 2008):$261,310,000

Leg 5 (Early 2009):261,310,000

On the 17th of June during the MTV Music Video Awards - Viper Hamato took an award for "Best Producer" for Fast Love and was nominated "Best Video" for his new single "Just be Free".

It was then on the 24th of June that during the Golden Melody Awards that he took home his second award for "Best Asian Video" for "Just be Free"

During that time the Fourth Single to be released was on June 25th was "Hard Headed woman" though this one was not promoted apart from having a music video due to Viper being on Tour and not having any time reserved for promotion other than the Album itself and singles released prior 2007. Due to the low lack of sales, the song debuted at #9 breaking his six-song chart debut record after two years. The song after three weeks had peaked to #7

"Hard Headed Woman"

WW Sales:#352,115

US Debut Sales:#54,030

In the Midst of beginning his second leg of the Issues World Tour, Viper had been Nominated for "Best Asian Video" in which he'd won for "Hard Headed Woman" but was also nominated for "Just be Free"

After his award, however - the single then peaked back on the US Charts at no.3 after 11 weeks

It was then, 147 days after the album's release that Billboard had confirmed that Hamato had sold 5,000,000 copies of his album "Issues" worldwide - though only selling 2 Million in the US alone, the album had gone Platinum in the US and his home country - Japan. Having success from this, Viper commented "As soon as I start getting ten - I'll know I've gotten somewhere in my life"

So far as of October 2007 - Viper has currently sold 11M albums worldwide and 55M singles worldwide with his album being the 8th biggest selling album of all time.

He then began his final single release for 2007 in November where he released "A Place Near The City". A video was made for the support of the single itself

"A Place Near The City"

WW Sales:#316,817

US Sales:#110,286

Weeks At No.1 (US):#1

2008 brought Viper to his most hardest working year of the 2000s in every aspect. He began 2009 with having a song in the top ten within its first week of being number one. Still pushing on with his world tour, Viper began leg 3 on February 28.

It was then on February 4th that he began the country section of his album - promoting it wholely during this time. he started with the song "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing"

"It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing"

WW Sales:#627,591

US Sales (Debut):#196,997

Weeks At No.1:#3

Having relative success and an inspirational mindset while on tour, Viper began work on his next album. This time around he envisioned a Pop, Dance and light-hearted R&B fused album along with a World Tour - having not had a general gist of what he was going to write yet. he once again enlisted his brother to help him write some songs

All songs written by V.Hamato unless stated otherwise with an * in which both brothers have written and ** has been written by R.Hamato.

*They Came From The City

*I Just Love It

*Go Outside (Eventually Called Outside)

*Rub Til It Bleeds

*Prove Me Wrong

*The Way I Feel

*Everything I Do

*Living Water

*Oh My Goodness

*My Interpretation

*Vulgar Before Me

**Next Thing You Know

**Should've Said No

**Milan

*Fever

*Hurricane

*Holiness

*Our Loss

*Cry Baby

*Someone Like Me

*Hold On

*Find My Way Back Home

*Fade With Our Voices

*Just To Feel That Way

*The Up Blues

*Hot

*Letter to them

*Bitter Branches

**Spinning Around

**Sent From Up Above

**Kids

**No pain, No Gain

**3 Warning Shots

*Sweet Sunshine

*Flotsam and Jetsam

*Alice In Wonderland

**On A Night Like This

**Everything Counts

*The Life and Death Of Mr. Badmouth

It was then on April 21st that Viper continued pushing his country side of the album with the release of "When" a relatively upbeat country song

WW Sales:#292,815

US Sales (Debut):#165,703

Weeks at No.1 (US):#3

Having more than jumped on the chain of successful singles that Viper was building up - he then released another single in June called "Raining on Our Love" a song that subtly describes the love between two people on a rainy night at least according to Viper

WW Sales:#775,853

US Sales (Debut):#235,750

Weeks at No.1:#10

It would be shortly after the Release of Raining on Our Love that Viper would continue on his Issues World Tour which started on July the 1st.

During this time in August he would plan the initial tracking of his 13-Track album which he still didn't have a name for thus far:

Late-June 2007 Album Configuration

1. I Never Knew

2.Where To Now St.Peter

3.Grab Hold

4.Fever

5.100MPH

6.Built For Speed

7.Outside

8.Cry Baby

9. Hot

10. Spinning Around

11. Sent From Up Above

12. Kids

13. Spinning Around

"While I was on Tour, the first initial thought that came to mind with the album was Fever and I was like - is that really a good name for a uptempo album because with what I've named my last three albums, so I just decided to go with a stereotypical album name and choose my name because that's the first time. Ever that I've never been able to come up with anything. And it did pay off - somehow" -Viper Hamato on his album "Viper." in 2013

During his tour in August, Viper took a look back at his current tracklist and felt as if he was somewhat uncomfortable with what he'd put in on the tracklist apart from 7 other tracks - having rushed through his vault of tracks, he thought he would reconfigure the album as a whole

Late-August Album Configuration:

1. Good Girls

2. Making A Movie

3. Spinning Around

4.Kids

5. Around The World

6.100MPH

7.Happiness

8.Prove Me Wrong

9.On A Night Like This

10.Cry Baby

11. Next Thing You Know

12. Fever

13.Sent From Up Above

Having being Happy in this, he locked down the confirmation of what the album was until he found the perfect album name

On top of that, Viper had also won at the Teen Choice Awards for "Best Song - Any Genre" for his song "When". He was also Nominated for "Favourite Song of The Year" with "Raining On Our Love" but was beaten to it by 2 Chainz. He was also nominated twice for "Best Asian Video" at the MNet Music Awards for "Raining On Our Love" and "When" but was beaten by Kumi Koda once again.

It was then in late August during the midst of his tour that he'd found out news of his own beaten record for being at number one - staying ten weeks at number one consistently which he was ecstatic about seeing as he'd beaten his last record for nine weeks with "Fast Love" which had stayed at 9 weeks as well.

It was then in September that Viper released the Second last Single from the Issues album "If You're Not In It For Love, I'm Outta Here", though due to heavy promotion - the song debuted at #3 on the Hot 100. It was then after 9 weeks that the song had reached number one after being in the top 5 due to other hit songs competing with Hamato's talent

"If You're Not In It For Love, I'm Outta Here"

WW Sales:#532,643

US Sales(Debut):#109,583

Weeks at No.1:#1

The last Single however that had been released was "I Won't Leave You Lonely, Tonight" which was released as a promotional single as of late and had no music video to it but still officially charted though very low promotion, the song debuted at #4 on the hot 100, only after a week did it reach number one, though his streak of numbers ones had been tainted - Viper now had an eight number one streak

WW Sales:#568,048

US Sales(Debut):#94,242

Weeks at No.1(US Only):#1

The Side Effects Era had raked in

Singles: 63,003,617

Albums: 5,217,987 sold (3,674,659 sold more than debut)

Awards: 4 Won, 8 Nominations

Guest PhasedWolf13

The Viper. Era (March 2009- January 2010)

"The Viper Era - ooh boy is that ever the most painful period of my life. Here I was making a new record and then I get a call on the last day of May and that just - changes me as a whole, I wasn't a young adult anymore. I was, I was a man" - Viper Hamato, 2017

It was in late January that during his Issues Tour that Viper began recording his still-unnamed album. Still stuck on the idea of a name - he asked his brother Raphael

"He came to me and said. I don't know what the hell ta' name this and I just replied with. Why not just name it after yaself and so he was just like. Ya know ya right - something of a twist" - Raphael Hamato, Rock Weekly 2012

Production of the album began on the 19th of January where he began working on the singles he wanted to release being: "Spinning Around", "100 MPH", "Kids", "Fever", Cry Baby" "Sent From Up Above" and "On A Night Like This". During the development, Viper did his first Feature single during this era with the song "Kids" featuring Japanese J-Pop Artist Edmond Tisdell

Sony however on the other hand were completely happy that Viper was being pushed to the extremes, with his fans concerned about his mental state after he seemed quite "out of it" one night during his performance on "Saturday Night Live", though Viper pushed this down like nothing and stated that he wasn't thinking straight that day

The First Single to spawn out of the chosen list was "On A Night Like This" which was released on February 28th.

It was also during the development of the Music video when he'd hired extras that X-Factor judge Taylor Lautner was apart of that Extras list in which Taylor was one of the characters portrayed in the music videos as Viper's Lover - though both Bisexual at the time being. Both parties introduced each other and became good friends through the development of the album.

The song had debuted at number 3 on the hot 100 before eventually topping at no.2 breaking his eight-song number one streak

WW Sales: 761,613

US Debut Sales:137,526

It was in April where Viper appeared more tired than usual and out of it when being interviewed on Jimmy Fallon to try and promote his single "On a Night Like This". Though Viper kept pushing it off as nothing - he'd now gotten the medias attention. Pushing headlines such as 'Viper's Breaking Point' and 'Sony's Master-slave'.

But it was when Jimmy asked when the next world tour was and the new album. Viper simply stated "September"

The second Single - while the album was not in development still due to Viper's consistent delays was "100 MPH" which was released a 6 days after Hamato's 22nd Birthday

WW Sales: 669,044

US Debut Sales: 208,100

Weeks at #1 on Hot 100: 2

It was then on May 29th that Viper received a call from the Koyoto University Hospital stating that his father had suffered from cardiac arrest and had died on arrival. Having now put his album through production - Viper pushed on as if he didn't receive the news at all. And within a whole month, he'd filmed all Music Videos for the singles he'd planned to drop and produced his album. Before disappearing for a whole six weeks.

The album had been finished on May 17th - four days after Viper's 22nd Birthday and was released on the 22nd of September with no Promotion from Viper along with the other singles

"No One knew where he went. The Tabloids and all were putting up a missing poster and everything, and no one could find him at all. He hadn't even shown up within the US or so we'd thought at the time." - Jenna Rachael, Viper's Stylist

"He'd kept in contact with me and said he was at Paisley Park and I was like. What are you doing there? Are you alright? and he replied with "I'm finding my pieces" - Taylor Lautner

It was at this time during his time at Paisley Park that Viper would be helped by Prince, someone who was least likely to help him out at the time at Viper's thought. And though he didn't start writing until June, Viper's Inspiration while with Prince was regarded as one of his biggest writing sessions ever. Though not helping him in any way, Viper began working with other writers like Ryan Tedder

Viper had begun the writing process once again on the 8th of June and this is what's been listed as a song written by the duo:

Also during the Midst of June, Viper had been Nominated for his new single "On a Night Like This" for Best Producer in which he'd lost to Canace Mousley. He was also nominated for the same song in the "Best Video" Category but lost to Jay Sean.

He was also Nominated once again for the same song for "best Asian Video" on the Golden Melody awards but lost it to Kwon Boa.

All Songs were written by V.Hamato unless written by the Tedder and Hamato using * and songs written by Tedder using **:

*Designer Skyline

When You Love Someone

Whenever You Need Me

*Empty House

*Rope Bridge Crossing

*Like Only A Woman Can

Put Yourself in My Place

Emancipation

Talkin Bout You

Seasons

White Mansion

Somebody's Somebody

Brainwascht

*The Greatest Discovery

*Run Out Of Honky Tonks

*Helping Hand

Hot In Here

Jesus Wrote A Blank Check

Black Celebration

Jesus

Millionaire

Bone Dry

Connected

Now

Miss You Most (At Christmas Time)

Monument

Mesh

Don't Waste Your Heart

During the writing Process, Viper was selected two weeks before the start of the MTV World Stage: Mexico in which he got a relatively positive review - though people were still wondering where he'd gone for the previous six months, and though they had fun. The Press who were waiting behind the stage said they never saw a trace of him come off of that stage - even though he did.

It was then on August 17th that Viper's Team pushed out "Spinning Around" The Third of Seven Singles from Viper's Album. The song Debuted at #12 with barely any promotion

Though in Viper's situation - the song was reviewed as relatively upbeat and shows "The sassy side of his star sign" that he's always had raring to go which he's only shown now

It was then after the second week and having now been in #204 on the Hot 100 - not even charting, Viper did three shows every night for a total time of a week. Hoping to make the song heard more, though on one occasion: he would perform, but not answer questions. Only to have the song a week later appear at #18. Though the song had been weak on the charts, it did reach the Top 10 in the UK and #1 in Japan for 6 weeks

WW Debut Sales: 282,524

US Sales Debut: 51,683

It was in August that the M-Net Music Awards had nominated Viper for "Best Asian Video" with the same First single from his new album only to have been beaten out by Psy.

He was also nominated "Favourite Single Of The Year" for "On a Night Like This" at the Teen Choice Awards but lost to Colby ODonis

September had been the controversial month in 2009 for Viper, though he wasn't around to hear most of it - his album was being harshly criticized for having almost no promotion but still managing to top the album charts at #1. Early Analysts stated that he would only sell anywhere from 2.5-3.5 Million Copies - being one of his weakest albums to date.

Having to try and re-live the succession of his previous albums, November saw the Release of "Sent From Up Above" which now debuted within the top 5 at Number 3.

WW Debut Sales: 373,620

US Sales Debut: 80,675

It was then issued in January of 2010, that Sony had finally parted ways with Hamato due to consistent irresponsibility top promote his singles and albums. Though the singles that were released under the Viper. Album would still be supported. In which caused Viper to have inner freedom and come to peace with himself

"That was my kind of Silent Protest in a sense, apart from dealing with the death of my father. I'd had enough of being pushed around by other people - I never wanted to be with Sony America yet they thought it'd be a good investment to do so. But as I realized. It was only for the money" - Viper Hamato, 2013

It was then on the 6th of January that Viper released his final single from the album "Kids" which debuted once again at #3 it was finally three weeks after launch that the song reached number one on the Hot 100

WW Sales: 695,515

US Charts Debut:133,104

Weeks At #1 on Hot 100: 3

"The Harmonies he put in the song were amazing - he'd taught me so much about harmonies and the way you can make a song so much better with them. It's definitely inspired me" - Edmond Tisdell

The Viper. Era had raked in

Singles: 25,767,572

Albums: 3,385,421

Awards: 0 Won, 5 Nominated

Guest PhasedWolf13

The Emancipation Era (Janurary 2010- May 2012)

"Freedom from the chains, Freedom from immaturity, freedom from control, freedom of choice, freedom of speech. Emancipation. I'm Free" - Viper Hamato, Emancipation back album cover.

It was then on January 16th that Viper began recording all of his music once again - having now more then 100 songs in his vault recording had finished on May

It was during May however that the Billboard Awards Labeled Viper Hamato "Male Artist of The Decade" with Mariah Carey receiving "Female Artists of the Decade" for the longest no.1 and Viper Hamato for Receiving 13 number ones within 9 years.

"I honestly don't know what to say - there's another legend in this room tonight that I'm very grateful for, Miss Mariah Carey. You, Ma'am, are single-handedly one of the biggest legends known out there and I can't get enough over how much your music has changed my life. I know it's going to seem selfish but if I end up beating your record of most number ones, know that you'll always be regarded as the biggest Female Act with the most number ones. And to the fans - I can't thank them enough for getting me through my rough patch right now, I promise I've got something in the works for you now and I'm slowly getting up to it. Believe me, I love you all" - Viper Hamato at the Billboard Awards

It was in Early June that Viper was piecing together his new album simply called "Emancipation" which had come to his mind a few days after he was ready to come up with an idea for a new album to state the fact that he was free from his Young Adult Years and His record Label

"People criticised the album name after what had happened back in 2009 with my father and I had to explain it to so many people saying, no - I'm not free now that my father's died, this about me being artistically free and maturing as a person because of my father's death. That's what a lot of the albums about" - Viper, Billboard Magazine 2012

The Album was created within 4 Days after the track listing was written up with his songs from the vault. This would be the short album Viper has taken to produce:

June Configuration:

1. Fly High (Dad's Song)

2. Hurricane

3. Our Loss

4. Find My Way Back Home

5. Somebody's Somebody

6. When You Love Someone

7. Whenever You Need me

8. Empty House

9. Don't Waste Your Heart

10. Miss You Most At Christmas Time

11. Put Yourself In My Place

12. Feel The Silence

13. Hold On

14. Now

15. Emancipation

Though when he was about to kick off the Emancipation Era as a whole in September, Viper was dealt another blow when Edmond Tisdell had been found non-responsive in his hotel room due to multiple months of substance abuse which he'd never recovered out of when he was rushed to Hospital. He was on tour during the time and was in the midst of a world tour

"He was never a boring person to work with - no matter who you were or who you liked, he was always willing to a see a person for who they were. And you could see how much fun we were having in the music video when I was shaking my behind and he was watching" - Viper Hamato, Graham Norton, 2016

To Launch the Emancipation Era completely - Viper launched his album on November before beginning with the ballad "Miss You Most At Christmas Time" released on the 20th of December, which got three interviews before the release due to Viper's sensitivity toward the song and stated that he would not perform any song off the album due to the sensitivity around this album as a whole, but stated he would promote the album like mad beforehand

WW Sales: 906,109

US Debut Sales: 217,292

Weeks At #1 On Hot 100: 7

Often regarded as one of his best Number ones that were the most relatable toward fans, Viper put the next song out on March 14th called "Put yourself in my Place" once again another Ballad. The song, though breaking records, was beaten out by Janet Jackson's "Oasis" which he was completely fine with saying "Legends will always beat me to the top - and that I'm always willing to say. Had it not been her on that chart or any other legend I would've hot number one easily enough - I'll say that much"

The song, however, finally beat Janet after three weeks to Number One. Janet being Interviewed on Anderson Cooper said "I'm close friends with him, and with what he's going through right now - he deserves that top spot to tell his story about him being a human being and having emotion unlike a lot of the song which is just breakup here and their songs"

WW Sales: 1,024,455

US Debut Sales: 245,953

Weeks At #1 On Hot 100: 2

It was then during the launch of his album that Viper had won "Best R&B Album" with "Emancipation" at the Grammy's being his first every Grammy. He'd also broken a record for being the First ever artist to break the World Wide Sales Chart with 1 Million Sales and more than 400,000 in each category equally

"The songs about where Raph had left me during our fathers death and how Celine had treated me when she found about my mental state - a lot of people have told me they've even cried to it because it reminds them of another situation and how I keep repeating 'You're gonna put yourself in my place' over and over in the chorus - and I wanted that, it makes me happy that people have cried as I did during the development of this album. That's what I've always tried to coax out of people with my music from Day 1. Emotion" - Viper Hamato, 2020, Rolling Stone

The next single Viper would then release was "White Mansion" which was meant to be on the album but due to Viper once again rushing the listing of the Album - he'd completely forgotten about it. He'd stated that it would be released as if it was a normal part of the album however and was released June 6th and debuted at #3

WW Sales: 790,347

US Sales Debut: 181,513

It was also in June during the MTV Music Awards that Viper was Nominated for "Best Producer" for "Put Yourself in My Place" but had lost to Stargate and but won "Best Video" for "Miss You Most At Christmas Time" which he said he wanted Put Yourself In My Place to win this category - but was a start.

He was also up for Nomination twice under the same category for "Best Asian Video" at the Golden Melody Awards but lost once again to Kwon Boa

Having moderate success but wanting to keep going with the albums succession, Viper then put out "Now" his first-ever Rap based song in which blended his voice and rock elements which were released on the 1st of August and only had a lyric video

WW Sales: 746,401

US Sales Debut: 227,181

Weeks at #1 on the Hot 100: 5

It was also noted that during the Teen Choice Awards that Viper was nominated for "Favourite Single of The Year" with "White Mansion" but was beat out to Sia's "I'm gonna make you love me" he was also nominated for "Favourite Single Any Genre" with "Put Yourself in my Place" but was beaten by Briana Perry

The MNet Awards, however, won him "Best Asian Video" with "White Mansion" this time once again competing with "Put Yourself in My Place"

Viper then released another single once again on November 21, this time being "Somebody's Somebody" which according to Hamato was pretty self-explanatory, but had also revealed he'd Married in July to Taylor Lautner and found the song to be "sometimes relevant to his own life"

WW Sales: 901,248

US Sales Debut: 209,262

Weeks At #1 Hot 100: 7

Hounded with questions for a multitude of weeks about wether or not he was going to tour for Emancipation or not. Viper pushed out another single to try and smother out the flame - in which it worked, with people still wondering. But he never gave the real reason as to why - because the album was about the way he was dealing without his father. And touring without breaking down was going to be immensely difficult in trying to not do so.

It was when February came around that the questions had begun flaring up once again - leaving Viper with no choice but to drop another single "Find My Way Back Home" which was about Viper trying to find his roots as a person while dealing with grief. The song was released on the 6th of February and had no promotion except for a music video. The song debuted at #2 on the Hot 100

WW Sales: 620,621

US Sales Debut: 125,774

Weeks At #1 Hot 100:1

It was during that time in April that Viper opened up to Billboard Magazine in an interview saying:

"Emancipation was really a journey for me, and now that I'm releasing the title track as the last single on my 25th Birthday I feel a lot better about the album in a sense, I hated it because when I listened back to it I knew exactly what part I would start crying when recording and even listening to it as a whole. I knew when I'd start crying over it. I wanted to preserve my dad's memories in an album that I knew he would love. And this is exactly it."

When asked about what was next however he simply stated:

"I'm doing what Sony initially did to threaten me, that and a move to remind the haters how far I've come as a person"

People on Reddit had decoded the messages in the interview which meant he was coming out with Unreleased content on a whole album and a Greatest Hits album from the start to end. In which when Viper found out about the decoded message, he simply replied to the user 'The FBI needs you - decryption is your thing'

"Emancipation" was released to celebrate Viper's 25th Birthday and was agreed among fans as one of his 'Badass' tracks to know that no one should be messing around with his creativity

WW Sales: 854,710

US Sales Debut: 178,429

Weeks at #1 Hot 100: 9

Also noted was during this time that Viper was Nominated at the Golden Melody Awards for "Best Asian Video" for "Emancipation" and "Find My Way Back Home" but was beaten out by Namie Amuro - he was also nominated at the MTV Awards for "Best Producer" for "Emancipation" but lost to Cephus Totterdell, he was also nominated for "Best Video" with "Find My Way Back Home" but lost to Jennifer Hudson.

During the Teen Choice awards, Viper Picked up two awards that Night for "Favourite Single Of The Year" and " Best Single Any Genre" with "Find My Way Back Home".

It was also at the MAMA Awards that he was nominated for "Best Asian Video" with "Emancipation" but lost to Utada Hikaru.

The Emancipation Era had raked in

Singles: 58,662,806

Albums: 4,533,227

Awards: 5 Won, 11 Nominated

Guest PhasedWolf13

The Legends Tour (June 2012- January 2013)

After the Emancipation era, Viper decided to give a bit of a clue as to what his next era was going to be by kicking off a small tour with Janet Jackson in the First Act Tour and Kylie Minogue in the Second Act while also doing all his hits apart from the Emancipation album - headlining around the world like a small festival with only acts that artists that have changed Viper's life in one way or another. The Tour Kicked off on June 18th, 2012 with Act II starting October 1st, 2012

The Total Made from this tour was: $560,469,000

Act One, leg One: $280,234,500

Act Two, Leg One: $280,234,500

During that time while on Tour - Viper received a call from his brother of apology. Wanting to work with him again, in which he'd accepted due to his acceptance of what happened over the past three years.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest PhasedWolf13

The Hits/The Vault (Janurary 2013- August 2014)

21 no.1s so far - four songs at more then 8 weeks

At Age 15, Viper Hamato began his career with Sony with $30 dollars in his pocket, a new place rented with his fathers money and his brother as the only essentials he took from Japan. He started writing and writing his life away for a whole two years before he could get a top 10 in the Hot 100 where his name was only just beginning to burst out on the scene. It was before long that he had 1 Top 20, 9 Top 10's, and now (Including the New Single "The Same December") a massive amount, which was only broken by Mariah Carey, the only Solo artist - the most Number Ones: 21. By now, Viper should be hiding in a corner facing the oncoming fears of ageism and sexism from women about the fact that a man has taken back the Most Number Ones. But in his terms, he said he wanted it equal, he is the only Male Solo Artist with more then 20 Number Ones and Mariah Carey is one of the Four Artists with more then Ten Number One Hits.

Viper however has never been short on Talent and it shows in his music. Being one of the artists to have the biggest selling albums of all time, listed at Number 8 with his Issues Album and selling well over 5 Million Copies. His talents even shows at Awards shows, racking up various awards including:

- BEST VIDEO: "That's The Way I Like It"

- BEST ASIAN SINGLE: "Mystery Of Love"

- BEST ASIAN VIDEO: "Just be Free"

- BEST PRODUCER: "Fast Love Part II"

- BEST ASIAN VIDEO: "Hard Headed Woman"

- BEST SONG, ANY GENRE: "When"

- BEST R&B ALBUM: "Emancipation"

- BEST ASIAN VIDEO: "White Mansion"

- BEST VIDEO: "Miss You Most At Christmas Time"

- FAVOURITE SINGLE OF THE YEAR: "Find My Way Back Home"

- BEST SINGLE, ANY GENRE: "Find My Way Back Home"

- MALE ARTIST OF THE DECADE: 2000-2010

And within the last year his legends Tour had the highest attendance with 3,834,050 people attending within the first act and beating his own previous Ammount of money made on a tour which was broken by the Issues Tour while also breaking The Highest Income Made before deductions.

In March, Viper had been Nominated for his Album "The Hits I" which had lost out to T-Pain's "Strip Her Down"

With April freshly around the corner - Viper's contract was up for renewal and the Executives at Viper offered a Contract of $40 Million - one of the biggest Contracts to date made as a male artist. Which he'd accepted with his back catolougue now in Hamato Record's grasp to safely preserve which he was completely fine with.

Viper then began his Hits Tour in April called "The Act" which consisted of Two Legs to support his Hits I and II album and made in total: $

Leg One: $203,890,200

Leg Two: $128,880,200

Total: $332,770,400

It was then in May that with Raphael and Ryan Tedder, they had begun working on new music

All Songs are Written by V.Hamato Unless indicated Otherwise

Journeys (R. Hamato, V. Hamato & R.Tedder)

Mary (R. Hamato)

Things You Do (R. Hamato)

Chevrolet (R. Hamato)

The Promise Of A New Day (R. Hamato, V. Hamato & R.Tedder)

Irresitable (R. Hamato, V. Hamato & R.Tedder)

Until I get Over You (R. Hamato, V. Hamato & R.Tedder)

You Ain't Smart (R. Hamato)

It was then in June of 2013 that Viper released a new Single from the Vault Album called "Lost My Heart" from the 2007 "Issues" Sessions - though it wasn't promoted and the music video consisted of Viper in the studio. The song however debuted at #6 on the Hot 100

WW Sales: 341,423

US Debut Sales: 83,367

It Early August, during his touring, Viper once again enlisted his brother to write music with him for his next two albums

All Songs are written by V.Hamato unless indicated otherwise

Too Slow To Ride (V. Hamato & R. Hamato)

Cheaper To Keep Her (V. Hamato & R. Hamato)

Out On My Own

Have You

We Are The Sound

This Ordinary Life (V. Hamato & R. Hamato)

The Choice Is Yours (V. Hamato & R. Hamato)

CrazyCool (V. Hamato & R. Hamato)

Strawberry Wine

Club Life

Lets Frame Him

Warsaw (V. Hamato & R. Hamato)

Sink Or Swim (V. Hamato & R. Hamato)

718 Swagger (V. Hamato & R. Hamato)

Poverty

Love is Blind (V. Hamato & R. Hamato)

Please Protect My Heart (V. Hamato & R. Hamato)

The Chariot (V. Hamato & R. Hamato)

Love U Crazay

Hot Boy

Lonely No More (V. Hamato & R. Hamato)

Broken Open (V. Hamato & R. Hamato)

The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face (V. Hamato & R. Hamato)

That's All You Gotta Do

Whiskey And Wine

It would also be noted that on the between the 10th - 22nd of August that Viper Hamato would be Nominated for Best Asian Video but lost. He was also nominated for Best Dance Album for The Hits II but lost it out to his own album, Emancipation.

Having then wanted for people to not forget about the hits album, Viper also Launched the single "The Same December" in April, 2014. The song remained atop the charts for 4 weeks before being beat out by Kelly Clarkson's latest single.

WW Sales: 998,423

US Debut Sales: 234,864

Weeks At #1 Hot 100: 4

It was shortly after that, Viper announced his plan to release two new albums back to back over the next two years with only two singles from each one in order to keep his fans happy due to his believe that "He'd been hiding new music long enough". But had no plan to tour for them as he wanted to take a break to be with his family. He said that he'd begin touring from the years onward from 2017 and so fourth when a new album get released, fans however stated on Reddit that he might release a new album straight after the 2016 one, in which was responded with "As Much as I'd love to, I want you guys to savoir the music and not be blasted with a new era every singular year like I have a habit of doing."

July brought Viper back to writing during his free time, hoping to create more filling songs for the next two albums then what was already planned.

All songs have been written by V. Hamato

I Ain't The One

Jackie

Long Way To Go

I need More

On The TV

That's Nasty

Lonely

Opposites Attract

Can't Fall Asleep To A Lullaby

Wish It Was

No Easy Way Down

Pop

Draw You

It Hurts When

Writing my Credits

What State You In

Get Right

City Boy

Saltwater

Letyourselfgo

Big baller

Feva Las Vegas

The Hits/The Vault Era Brought In

Singles: 12,979,345

Albums: 14,471,578

Awards: 0 Won, 5 Nominations

Guest PhasedWolf13

Journeys Era (September 2014 - December 2015)

Straight after releasing The Vault Album, Viper knew that it wasn't going to sell well due to it being previous and old work and that the people wanted new material in which he promised he was working on in terms of a new album just a year after that way he didn't have to tour for both albums: having only written less than a month ago, Viper began the tracklisting ideas

1. Irresistible

2. The First Time I ever Saw Your Face

3. That's All You Gotta Do

4. Opposites Attract

5. Love Hungry Man

6. This Time

7. Journeys

8. Outside

9. Hot

10. Seasons 

Happy with the result, Viper began recording the songs as of September 8th (Some already had been recorded, but had their vocals redone if Viper wasn't pleased with the state of them). The album was completed on the 21st of September, only taking 13 days in total. Wanting to complete more, Viper also did the initial tracklisting to the next album, What You Need

1. What You Need

2. Milan

3. Bitter Branches

4. Sweet Sunshine

5. Bone Dry

6. Connected

7. Things You Do

8. The Promise Of A New Day

9. Out On My Own

10. American Life

And began Producing it on the same day that his other album, "Journeys" was completed, it was then completed on the 29th due to sound problems.

Journeys was Viper's 6th Studio album an was set to be released on July 18th, 2015. This was Viper's first Album that was never released on streaming services such as Amazon Music, Google Music, Groove Music, Qobuz, 7digital and only available on eMusic and iTunes due to the basis that iTunes and eMusic used a 20/80 payment whereas the others would use either a 40/60 or a 50/50 payment. It was then after his board of advisors went against this for all current albums that this was the only album that to this day only remain on those two platforms

The First Single was released on January 19th  after being announced on Viper's Website on November 14th the single was called "This Time" a single about an angry ex who was long rumoured to be Celene, Viper's first Ex-Wife - though completely denying the claims, he stated that one of his brother exes was the inspiration for the song stating: "She knows who the hells she is and what the hell she did."

"Even though in the song itself, I sing "That's right, all of my friends say" the only friend he had at the time tell him to wake up was me, cause everyone was happy that he was in a relationship - and I was looking at them when we were at my greatest hits launch party and I said to Taylor, who was sitting right beside me "She is fake as all hell" and he said "Tell him, he's been looking lost for the past few weeks now" and that's why even though I wrote the song by myself. I gave credit to Raph because I know he listens to my stuff, so seeing that I dedicated a song to him would make him cheer up a bit in knowing about the fact that I care for him." - Viper Hamato on Andy Carr Chatty Man (2014)

"This Time"

Written By Viper Hamato

WW Sales: 1,016,615

US Sales: 213,102

Weeks On Top Hot 100: 4

Trying to ramp up the album promotion, Viper then did a surprise performance in New York called "1on1: New York" on March 14th doing 20 tracks, completely acoustic. The setlist was leaked online on Facebook by Viper himself, including some then known unreleased tracks. The concert went for 2 Nights only

1. Teardrops on My Guitar

2. I Care 4 U

3. In So Deep

4. Before My Eyes

5. No One

6. Can't Let Go

7. It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing

8. Raining On Our Love

9. This Time

10. Lost My Heart

11. Find My Way Back Home

12. Whenever You Need Me

13. Miss You Most At Christmas Time

14. Journeys

15. The First Time I ever Saw Your Face

16. Long Way to Go

17. Lonely

18. Lonely No More

19. Put Yourself In My Place

20. Just To Feel That Way

Just before the concert ended, however, Viper announced he was releasing a second single for the album and to keep their eyes peeled.

His next single that was released was called "Outside" which was almost a nod to the sound of George Michael. The song was about accepting sexuality and a freaky side that might be brought out by a partner that you might not know of, or even a side that you're revealing to yourself

During this time, Viper was featured on the State of Dance Podcast in which he gave his explanation of how the song came together:

"I wrote that song in 2007 because I'd known about my sexuality years before I met Celine, and sure there were cute guys in Brooklyn but they just. Bleck - anyway, I was in the studio with George when I said you wanna listen to a song that sounds like yours, and he was like, you sure you haven't plagiarized me you cheeky bastard. Jokes aside, the first few seconds he heard it, he was like - that's hit material right there, put it on the album you told me about and I just replied with. I don't feel as if it was right with the main consistent theme of the album. But on this album, It feels right."

"Outside"

Written By Raphael and Viper Hamato

WW Sales:1,078,778

US Sales: 221,586

US Debut on Chart: 2

Weeks on Top of Hot 100: 5

Barely two weeks before the Launch of Journey's Viper had won an award for Best Asian Video at the Golden Melody Awards for "Outside" and Best Producer for "This Time" at the MTV Music Video Awards.

It was then on July 20th that the album was launched with critical reception from both fans and reviews alike, though fans were disappointed about the outlets in which they could require it from, the fans all the more enjoy the music that accompanied the album. And some had also highlighted on Reddit that the last single which was encased as a date on the album was going to be August 18th, 2015 which was "Opposites Attract" in which Viper only replied with "See you on your TV Screens then!" which had hyped up fans all the more. But was disappointed in the sale only a week after it's release due to Streaming services being counted out, hoping that the next album coming up, What You Need would be with more luck, Viper hoped that he'd have less weak sales then what was being shown in front of him. The album had jumped up 2 chart position a week later.

The most surprising thing that Billboard had simply stated is that Viper was soon going to reach the mark of 500,000 physical sales in the US within the next possible two to four weeks, only having less than 500 downloads to his name. Proving in fact that he was very able to sell physical sales of his album without help from major services.

Being less than four weeks after the release of the album, the album had sold 1 Million copies worldwide making it Vipers best-selling albums by Physical copy only without assistance from digital sales.

During that time, Viper had also won Favourite Single at the Teen Choice awards

Journeys

WW Sales: 419,958

US Debut Sales: 122,669

US Chart Debut Posisition: 13

Five weeks after the launch of his album, now having sold 1.1 Million copies alone, Viper dropped Opposites Attract

"Opposites Attract"

Written by Viper Hamato

WW Sales: 968,536

US Sales: 240,137

Weeks on top Hot 100: 4

Barely two weeks after the launch of his last single from the Journeys album, Viper announced his next album "What You Need" another album consistent of it's previous one, ten tracks, this time having four singles, but the singles would remain a secret until November of 2014.

It was also noted on September 1st that Viper's record company had congratulated Viper's "Outside" for selling 10 million copies. Viper reposting on Facebook stating "Holy Hell, I'm speechless. I am, thank you guys so much for the love and support over these past 11 years. I love you guys so much. Let's get back to Nature."

Hamato Records then posted on their Facebook page once again on September 21st congratulating Viper on selling 1.5 Million Physical Copies of his album "Journeys" with the caption 'It certainly has been a journey for Viper: Congrats from the Social Media Team on Selling 1.5 Million Copies!'

Having fans on edge again while his latest single was out, Opposites Attract didn't drop from the top ten of the Hot 100 for 11 weeks before the announcement was made of when the album date was announced

On the 2nd of November, it was then announced by Viper himself that he would be releasing a new album, titled "What You Need" which had an accompanying of four singles and a release date of March, with the first single being the title track being released a month before the release of the album

The Journeys Era:

Singles: 29,614,762‬

Albums: 2,006,219 Physical, 657 Downloaded

Awards: 2 Won, 0 Nominations

Guest PhasedWolf13

What You Need Era (Janurary 2016- December 2016)

What You Need was Viper's final second album from the 2010s and consisted as one of the best selling albums of 2016 beside Adele's 25 and Beyonce's Lemonade - being the only Male Arist to have one of the best selling albums of that Year alone with 2 Million Copies.

But mentally it was his hardest, his closest friends Prince and George Michael passed away. Making it the most difficult time in terms of trying to keep it together

"I'd heard his album last year and I said to him, you better be releasing this album, cause if you are. I might just consider reserving having a spot beside me on the album. And his face was just a kid on Christmas day man. He was so estatic to hear me say that but then I was like. You gonna release it? And he nodded like he'd broken his neck" - Prince (November, 2015) the song was set to be released in late 2016 called "Stay Cool".

But it was before that in February that Viper released his new single which people had been anticipating - What You Need. The song Debuted at Number three in the US. But had charted within the Top 5 world wide. Five weeks after it's release, the single peaked at number two

"What You Need"

Written by: Viper Hamato

WW Sales: 519,427

US Sales:114,020

Only 7 weeks later did Viper's much-anticipated album come out which was raved upon fans, and Viper happily seeing that the chart position was a lot higher then it was once before. It reached Number One only a week later with 21,201 more sales

What You Need

WW Sales: 937,107

US Debut Sales: 304,672

US Chart Debut Position: 2

It was also found in the back sleeve that the date 16.5.16 was inscribed with the lower text "What has the final say..." with Reddit users going mad over what it could mean, Viper commented on a Reddit users comment saying

"I need to make clues harder and harder" - Reddit users finding out that the next single would be Promise of A New Day

Hyping up for May, Viper began starting plans for the next single date when he'd found out that one of his best friends, Prince had passed. Going to go on Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon it was immediately cancelled due to "sudden supposed changes" and all future appearances were cancelled for 4 weeks later. Viper filming the Music Video only when required with a short little caption saying "Dearly Beloved, we are here to get through this thing called life. And we thank you for getting us through 39 years of it"

It was a week later that the song topped the charts at #3. "Through the positive message, Viper needed to work on promoting his work further to get even more number ones out of his belt - or could he be flopping just when he was getting his peak on?" - Andrew Hunt, NY Times

"Promise Of A New Day"

Written By: Raphael Hamato, Viper Hamato, Ryan Tedder

WW Sales: 519,765

US Sales: 128,842

Having no luck with that single, Viper was going to try his luck with his next single "Out on My Own". Having now won Best Video at the MTV Music Video Awards. His next single was most likely going to endure the same amount of awards, maybe even more. Even though it had been 3 months since the passing of Prince, Viper was slowly getting back on his feet which was confessed in a Beats 1 Interview

"When you lose someone so close like your father, it changes you so much and it's - it's unexplainable. But, when you lose someone who was almost like a father figure to you in every meaning: musically, egotistically and somewhat spiritually. It just - makes you feel drained and on top of the grief, it's just - unexplainable really"

July came around the corner, and with that Viper released a new single "Out On My Own". Probably one of his most controversial by far. This was a single that had no behind the scenes due to the shock-horror of the first scene in the music video.

"One time I was in Brooklyn back at my old home and I decided to just take a walk because when you're in Brooklyn, no one comes running up to you, they ask and just say a friendly hello. And know who everyone is in a street. Everyone somehow knows everyone in Brooklyn, it's an unexplainable thing. But it was one day that I looked at one of the houses and I saw a bunch of slag words that were everything to death threats to homophobic and. I found out that one of the kids in that house was teased consistently for coming out as gay and it broke my heart knowing that he'd moved because of the pressure from such ignorant and unaccepting people. So, I decided to write that song - knowing that kid will probably know that he's not alone in this world and that there are people in this world. Including me, that will wholeheartedly accept him no matter what makes him different."

"Out on My Own"

WW Sales: 990,167

US Sales: 149,379

Though the song debuted at Number Two, the song however was promoted heavily in which Viper stated that the next single would be released in November before he took a year off until his next album. The song peaked at Number Two even surrounding the controversial Music Video.

Out on my Own had also won at the MNET Music Awards for Best Asian Video.

His next Music Video, however, was just as controversial. The single that no one would ever expect to be dropped was American Life. The music video was centred around how harsh the 'Famous Life' was in America compared to other countries like Japan and Australia and had shocked parents when they had found out this was a song which involved swearing from Viper.

"Here's the thing, you're complaining about me swearing in one of my songs - when one, the album has an Explicit Sticker on it and Bitter Branches have swearing on it as well. So me saying F*** it repetitively is nothing compared to what your kids are listening to with Rap - on top of that, who was the one buying the album, not even looking at it before you brought it."

The song, though a direct hit at the way America treats their celebrities went straight to number one

"American Life"

WW Sales: 1,125,278

US Sales: 251,989

Weeks at no.1: 7

Seven weeks after the release of Viper's American Life, Viper was dealt another blow after his friend George Michael passed away in his sleep. Not commenting on his death on any media outlets, Viper simply put a broken heart emoji with a photo of George and Viper in the studio stating: "Words simply can't explain the blow that has been dealt to me, your family, my family or our friends. Even though I grew up with your music, I'm glad I got to know you in this lifetime - and I'm glad you thought so much of me as an artist. Fly high, You Have Been Loved." Rumours had also surrounded that Viper had recorded a cover of the Song as well in Late 2009 with Michael's permission.

The Journeys Era:

Singles: 31,960,246‬

Albums: 5,370,290

Awards: 2 Won, 2 Nominations

Guest PhasedWolf13

2017: Pre-Exposed (Janurary 2017- August 2017)

Viper had spent a relatively quiet 2017 writing in multiple studios and recording unlisted songs that weren't stored in the vault as well as writing songs with Various writers like Madonna, Janet Jackson, Bruno Mars, Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Prince (In 2010 and 2011 with more then 75 songs added to the list - some still unlisted top this day) and his brother Raphael as well as Ryan Tedder.

All Songs Written by Viper Hamato unless Stated otherwise

*Songs that were written by Prince and or Viper as well have solely been written and never taken up in production, songs had been written from 2010-2015 both when Viper was at Paisley Park and not, but had given Prince ideas for songs

Never Say I Told You So (B.Mars, A.Keys, J.Jackson)

*I've Got A Secret (*Changed To Secret later in Fall, 2017) (B.Mars, A.Keys, J.Jackson)

Conspiracy of One (B.Mars, A.Keys, J.Jackson)

Woop-T-Woo (B.Mars, A.Keys, J.Jackson)

Scored a Goal (B.Mars, A.Keys, J.Jackson)

My Foolish Heart (B.Mars, A.Keys, J.Jackson, M.Carey)

11 A.M (B.Mars)

Rainbow (B.Mars, A.Keys)

Attitude (B.Mars, A.Keys)

Never Ever (B.Mars, A.Keys)

Been To Canaan (J.Jackson, Madonna, M.Carey)

Make My Tribute (J.Jackson, Madonna, M.Carey)

Writing Lines (J.Jackson, Madonna, M.Carey, R.Hamato)

Bye Now (J.Jackson, Madonna, M.Carey, R. Hamato)

Love and Leaving (J.Jackson, Madonna, M.Carey, R.Hamato)

All In Me (Madonna)

Don't Dream It's Over (Madonna)

Give Me Your Cell (Madonna, R. Hamato, R.Tedder, V.Hamato)

Hide The Bone (Prince & V.Hamato)

Pink Cashmere (Prince & V.Hamato)

Peach (Prince & V.Hamato)

Jump (Madonna & V.Hamato)

Sorry (Madonna & V.Hamato)

Push (Madonna & V.Hamato)

Billy Jack Bitch (Prince & V.Hamato)

Ghost Town

Turn Up The Radio

Interactive (Prince & V.Hamato)

Acknowledge Me (Prince & V.Hamato)

Dear Michaelangelo (Prince & V.Hamato)

It (Prince & V.Hamato)

The Morning Papers (Prince & V.Hamato)

God Created Woman (Prince & V.Hamato)

3 Chains O' Gold (Prince & V.Hamato)

Escape (Prince & V.Hamato)

Vikki Waiting (Prince & V.Hamato)

Erotic City (Prince & V.Hamato)

Feel U Up (Prince & V.Hamato)

Willing and Able (Prince & V.Hamato)

Da Bang (Prince & V.Hamato)

Dream Factory (Prince & V.Hamato)

Half The Man

What's My Name (Prince & V.Hamato)

319 (Prince & V.Hamato)

Gold (Prince & V.Hamato)

Yah, U Know (Prince & V.Hamato)

Ol' Skool Company (Prince & V.Hamato)

Better With Time

Life Of The Party

No More Candy 4 U

The Great Pretender

If You Wanna Have Some Fun

During the time of Writing music, Viper began laying out what the album configuration would be. While going through his song Database and Vault, he'd found one of the songs he'd written in mid-2008 that he was going to add to his album "Viper." called 'Exposed'. According to multiple interviews, during the configuration - the album name screamed at him to call it that, and he went along with it

(APRIL 2017 CONFIGURATION)

1. CrazyCool

2.Letyourselfgo

3. Exposed

4. Secret

5. Lonely

6. No Easy Way Down

7. Offerings

8. Acknowledgement

9. The Way I feel

10. The Greatest Discovery

It was during that time that Viper asked his closest relation to the public and his closest, honest critic - his brother. Having not liked the length of the album but Tracks 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. Raph asked if it could be extended to a 15 track album in which was replied with Viper's first initial idea of having a 15 track album. Scrapping the other 4 tracks, Viper then configured his album once again

(JUNE 2017 CONFIGURATION)

1. Shout

2. The Great Pretender

3. Bye Now

4. Life Of The Party

5. My Foolish Heart

6. Exposed

7. Who Do You Tell

8. Hide The Bone

9. Feel U Up

10. Escape

11. 11 AM

12. It

13. All In Me

14. Writing Lines

15. Dream Factory

Having Listened to it once more Raphael stated as good as it is, Tracks 11,14 and 5 don't suit as if they're the ugly ducklings of the album, listening to it once over. Viper was in imidate agreement about how different they sounded compared to the rest of the album.

(JULY 2017 CONFIGURATION)

1. Shout

2. The Great Pretender

3. Bye Now

4. Life Of The Party

5. I Like It There

6. Exposed

7. Who Do You Tell

8. Hide The Bone

9. Feel U Up

10. Escape

11. The Morning Papers

12. It

13. All In Me

14. Attitude

15. Dream Factory

Being happy with the final result, Viper began the initial stages of production the songs on July 10th. The album was pieced together on July 15th where it was then completed at Prince's Paisley Park for a sign of respect at the time for the singer, the album was finished on the 19th of July. Viper taking to Instagram on the 25th with a few photos with titles and various things in the background like a 1998 Mercedes SLK with the date 25.9.17 and someone, which was later figured to be his brother Raphael holding his guitar with the date 13.11.17. But the final three posts were of a Newspaper saying "Viper Hamato Exposed: All the Details page 2" with the date 15.1.18 before releasing another photo of a stack of papers with the date 19.3.18 and a blank album case with the date 18.2.18. To say that fans were hyped up in the least was the most underrated statement