Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Labels Limit

fredreed

I would like to know If there are any plans in the future to change the limit on labels being added in the editor. Only having 40 is not a great idea? I would like to still see a limit but maybe raising It to say like 75.

• 3 weeks later...

The reason for that.

75 labels with say 10-30 artists each. So 15 average.

3-4 release a year.

3000-4500 releases. The game works by capping to a degree at 2000 releases simply because the biggest overhead BY FAR is sales processing. If I would to double it then we would see a real slow down I feel. BUT I will try it out before release to see what happens.

• 1 month later...

Should the Player's releases and sales processing be prioritized over the rest of the labels and artists? I'm thinking it might be possible to have charts and income be processed to the Player while the rest of the labels and artists still be processed in between the Player making songs/albums with its artists and having to simulate the game another time, so in a way it can run in the background. I'm thinking this is possible so the calculations won't be a huge load in itself and can be distributed over time

N E K O Y A    R E C O R D   G R O U P

N e k o y a    R e c o r d s  |  M i t a m o y a    M u s i c  |  O u t r o v e r s e

©2019 Nekoya Records, a division of Nekoya Music Group

Should the Player's releases and sales processing be prioritized over the rest of the labels and artists? I'm thinking it might be possible to have charts and income be processed to the Player while the rest of the labels and artists still be processed in between the Player making songs/albums with its artists and having to simulate the game another time, so in a way it can run in the background. I'm thinking this is possible so the calculations won't be a huge load in itself and can be distributed over time

I have considered this but then it leads to problems with limited dating being displayed and also if the user just wants to sim on x number of days.

• 2 months later...