Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Possible Bug Involving TV Shows?

LeGrundle

So I've been playing with the editor and added a bunch of stuff. So far everything is working except a single fictional show I made up. It's a low popularity show at 42 and when I try to book an artist on the show the game freezes. So far this is the only show that does it. Still testing it out.

I think I found the issue.

When you use the editor to create new "assets" be sure to click the add new (F11) button. If you accidentally (which is very easy to do) fillout the new artist or show without clicking the add new button it will still create a new whatever but it was all of those F'ups that caused a game breaking crash.

I went back in, deleted the shows I made that error with and recreated them properly and have had no problems since.

I forgot to mention that I did have to start my game over once I fixed these issues. I'm not sure if there's an option to update the fixed database or any amended database into a current game so I just made sure to test all my added shows and stuff before settling into playing.

• 2 weeks later...

You cannot fix the database once a game is made out of it now im afraid.

The problem sounds weird though I suspect validating some information wasnt done by the editor.