Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Some Questions.. Please assist..

Medialinkz

Hi all,

Been playing the game, but I still can't figure out the following:-

1) How To Hype Music Videos

Ok so, my artist and single has full hype, however when i created a music video and after its released, the music video still does not seem to have any hype.  I've been promoting my single with TV shows a week after its release yet and even this does not help with music video hype.  So yea, how does hype work with music videos?

2) AI Automation

Ok so AI Automation, its great seeing my hired artist do their own thing, however the bad part is, it somehow always makes me broke. How so? Apparently, my label has its own studio, manufacturing facility and distribution facility, but this AI automation somehow never seem to use my own label facilities and uses the other options, is there like any way we can change this to make my artist use my label facilities?  I mean even when I would control a release myself, and I select marketing team to assist, I can see that my marketing team has chosen other options rather than my own label facilities.  I know the build in facilities has a cheaper rate, but come on my own label facilities is still going to be benefiting my label, so ya, any options or way to get my marketing team to just use my facilities?

3) Retirements

How does this actually work? I'm curious.... For example say my Eminem gets old, and retire will he regenerate in the game again as Eminem? or as a random?

That's all for now, and yea also any idea of when the next release might come out? 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

From my understanding he's working on 1.3 update which should address those types of things, also adding more features. I would expect in the next few weeks for beta testing since he said "soon".

1. Usually what I do is set them up for tv shows every day 7 days a week (Sometimes I just have to do 7 days 1 time because my hype from winning awards n etc), then with the music videos I release a lyrics video first with the most expensive/best rated people with ads enabled soon as a single is released. Wait a few weeks to a month then release the music video with the best commerical n etc again. Then a week later start creating "Making of xxxx" videos, I've noticed that a mixture of those "Making of" and the "General" section will help a lot. Try to get your artist to 100 writing, more followers on social media accounts, dancing, n basically their stats. Engaging with fans is another way on how I'm able to keep my hype up, releasing singles and using YouTube lol. Had a video reach 1 Billion views on YouTube with Lil Wayne, both him and Nicki Minaj she always sells 9-10 million records. Drake always sells and gets top views, so I really don't have to promote him as much. I recently just did an scout search and signed an artist with the highest rating and within the first 1 EP he sold 6m and released 3 singles (2 of them had features of 94+ rating, which from my experience it works most of the time), it seemed it help out a lot because I always have hype. Okay, so what I'm trying to say is... Maybe your artist is trash and you need to work on their skills or sign another :)

2. I've noticed automation marketing isn't really good for hype a lot of times, I end up selling less than I do than when I self promote. He mentioned on Facebook that the 1.3 version will have streaming services, also better ways for hype to build.

3. I have no clue honestly ha.

My guess is the update will be released before January, maybe Decemberish. All in all, I'm patient because I know it's a lot of work just for one person. The 1.3 update sounds very excting so far, check out the Facebook page for updates.

Thanks for the reply Mack Records...

I'll try the music video hype using your suggested method.... what I normally did was release the music video 1-2 days after my single released, maybe that's why it barely was having much hype.

Also, good to know the automation is being address for version 1.3.  Otherwise, really could not see any benefit of having those facilities if my own label is still using other facilities.

As for retirements, anyone else got any idea how it works... does an artist retire and regen as the artist again or as a random?

Thanks.