Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Tips and Hints for others

Fairyboi

If you have hints and tips for other players on:

Anything connected with the game on how you can be a success, share them with others

How do you get your artists to go to number 1?

And still get number ones after a long time`

Whats the best way to promote an artist or create hype

What is the best way for new artists

etc

etc

This thread is so players can pass their wisdom to others or ask.

It is not for bugs

Well in my experience, it's really not too hard of a game to get a artist or band and get #1 songs.  I don't know what it means to get someone #1, but getting #1 hits is really no too hard.

You need to build reputation and hype for your artists as far as I can see, in the current state of the game, that's all you really need to get top selling songs, albums and make money.

Write, write, write.

First thing is get your artists into writing sessions 10-15 days long, use the best writers, best mixer, best studio, best everything and your artist or band, will usually create high rated lyrical songs.  Write until you get at least 10 songs, then go produce a album.  For production, again, just use the best.  If you have a 90+ lyrical rated song, just look for a producer that is rated high in melody and commercial.  Choose the best studio, best mixer in tech ability and vocal producer.  As far as I can see, preferred tempo and preferred genre really doesn't matter much.  If it does matter, I have not seen it as I'm consistently getting 90+ rated songs and they are usually always hits.

If you produce just one song at a time, that works too, but for me it just makes the whole concept seem more realistic if I have a album full of songs, I can see how good my album is, then I'll release a 1-3 singles from that album, then release the album along with a tour.

Before you release songs and albums, just go release a few videos, then pick a region you want the artist to be popular in, for me, North America.  Then go book shows.  Just keep going to each one of the shows choose "Hi we're looking for our artist SO AND SO to come on your show"  If you artist is low in reputation, you'll get declined and be given 4 options.  I just always click on either "How about we buy some advertising..." option or "we feel with our reputation in the industry..." option.  Again, there doesn't seem at this point in the game that there really is any reason not to keep trying.  You don't get any sort of penalty that I can see if you just keep forcing the show to take your artist.  Eventually, they will and you then can pick a day to put your artist on their show.  It really doesn't matter either how many shows you put on a day, I think this will eventually be worked differently, but I've put up to 7 shows on 1 single day.

Just keep doing this for maybe a month, just keep doing shows, all the shows, but make sure you get on the hit popularity shows in the area you want to build reputation.  By the end of the month, your artist will probably have increased his reputation in an area by at least 30.

Now release your 1st single.  It is very expensive to release a single, so go to stocks, GO PUBLIC and then release some shares to raise money.

Once you go through the steps to release a single, simulate and when it's time for your single to be released, just do the shows again.  Your single will be released on a Monday and your rankings will come out the following Monday.  So for the entire week, starting with the Monday your single will be release, go back to the shows in the region your single is being release and now instead of picking the option "...we are looking for our artist SO AND SO to come on your show" click the option "Hi when can our artist come on your show, they would like to promote their latest single."  Do this again for the entire week, load up shows on every day.  Then on the following Monday, you will see the charts, your single, if it is a high produced song, like 80+ and your artist is high in hype, which he/she will be since you have been doing shows non stop and has a decent reputation, then your single will pretty much be in the top 10 and if your artists reputation is in the 80+ range, then top 5 is pretty much a certainty.

Then it's just up to you what you want to do from there, add more artists/bands, book shows for another region for your one artist and build his reputation so you can release singles and albums in other parts of the world, book a tour.

As far as the best way to promote an artist to create hype, I don't know of any other way to do it.

Tours are a good way to make money, but in it's current state, I find that the tour part of the game isn't entirely working well.  It's ok, but there are a lot of things that are wrong with the current way they work in the game.

I'll be interested to learn if anyone else does things differently.

• Like 1

I don't know the exact aspect ratio for CD Covers, but the ones I use right now are pretty much on-spot.

For Singles= 900x648

For EPs/Albums= 900x720

Singles and EPs/Albums have different aspect ratios. Seems like a peculiar design decision imo.

I don't know the exact aspect ratio for CD Covers, but the ones I use right now are pretty much on-spot.

For Singles= 900x675

For EPs/Albums= 800x640

Singles and EPs/Albums have different aspect ratios. Seems like a peculiar design decision imo.

I can change the size of these images no problem. They were kinda odd to fit in the structure but I can change them as long as not massively enlarge.

Guest paperscissors

If you want an easy life choose to run a dance label (the podcast will hype all your songs for free).

Make lots of youtube videos of your bands and artists as this will earn you money at zero cost.

Use TV shows to make your stars more popular. You can book them on two shows per day in my experience. Make sure your artists aren't tired though.

Use the best writers, studios, mixers and producers when writing and recording. Anything below a 90 is at most a filler. You can have 15 tracks on an album but I usually go with 14 max, 7 singles and 7 b-sides(usually the 80+ songs that make the album but aren't good enough to be singles).

Follow the video format you like and can afford. I haven't found a huge amount of difference in the videos, obviously find a director with all stats above 80.

Tours are only about creating cash. Once your artist has cash they can pay for more stuff.

Sign them up for every sponsorship offered too as this is just cash for them which they can spend on things.

Your artist can sell songs below 80 and earn cash too.

As soon as you can open a production and manufacturing facility, studios later. The facilities if done correctly will earn lots of cash for you.

It's pretty straightforward.

When starting off choose artists who have strong social media numbers, this helps with the youtube video earnings.

• 2 years later...
13 minutes ago, melocarma said:

Anyone knows how to make an album debut with +1m copies on USA?

First you have to make sure in the edtior that the max for album sales is more than 1M (in the country info), and make sure to have a lot of promo (& hype) before the release (usually a few days/weeks before), and the week during the release. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wambels said:

First you have to make sure in the edtior that the max for album sales is more than 1M (in the country info), and make sure to have a lot of promo (& hype) before the release (usually a few days/weeks before), and the week during the release. 

thank u