Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Database editor

cdidman

I'm not sure what to call this, I guess a bug.  This is the third time I've added artist to the realartist database and it keeps re-setting.  I'll add artists start and new game, all good.  Then after a update, I start and new game, database is reset.  So I'll add the artists again and do it all again.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Is there a reason why the realartist database would keep erasing all my added artists?

This makes no sense. It doesnt recreate the database or anything.. The best bet is to create a new database, whatever you wish. Import from real artists into your database and then edit this.

If it happens again on seperate db can you send it over to me?

Just happened again.  I spent 3 hrs last night adding to the realdatabase.  I start a game, all is well, all my added bands and artists are there.  Now, just after the update, I went to the editor, loaded it and all the artists I've now put in 4 times are all gone again.

What would you like me to send you?  How do I send a seperate db?

Thanks.

Ok I know why

The updates are doing it. Due to a previous update updating the DB this wasnt taken out of the installer so its being overwritten.

Just to note, please please create a db the following way in future.

Create New Database - Choose name

Then go back to main menu and

Import from one to another (ill rename import from 1 db to another)

Database importing from: Realartists

Database importing to: insert name of your db.

In game when you get to the database screen, click locate and choose your created db.