Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Questions

Daisy

I have a few questions.

When I scout it always ends up with no artists or bands found no matter where I search. Am I doing something wrong?

Also negotiating contracts doesnt work out somehow. For example I was looking up the "cheapest" artists and trying to give them way above their wanted sign on fee for a smaller royalty rate (for example from their idea of 21% to 15%) yet I get declined.

I was not able to sign anybody yet. Some help or ideas maybe?

Originally in beta it was considered too hard so I reduced it heavily. Give me an exact example with what artist and ill test it out.

Scouting could be a bug ill do some testing with it.

I mean dont get me wrong I love the overhaul, the times of 1% royalties seem over lol. But I was just thinking that newer or lesser known artist wouldn't get more then a few percent from labels because of the money they have to invest into the artist first. So I was trying to play like I did before with lesser royality for a bigger sum of cash upfront. Nobody signs in the realm between 5-10 % royalty even when offering them 500k+ upfront and that is just talking about unknown artist. I dont know if that is realistic. From more known "stars" I would see that they aint that naive to get trapped by labels but up becoming ones would be happy to sign any record deal for exposure with lot of cash upfront I would assume. Sorry I dont have any example by name because I just skipped through the list of artist while being declined by all of them.  ;D

By the way does label reputation influence the negotiating process by making it easier to sign artist when you are a big known one?

Your stats will help yeah. Judgement is important here. I'll be writing up some information on this soon.

Can you give me an exact example of where it fails so I can simulate it?

In the process of trying to understand what makes the artist sign to you. One thing that bothers me is that when asking their managers for the recommendations the artist always tend to ask for unrealistic high royalty rates and nothing that im trying to do counteracts this. Being barely known anywhere and the asking for 17-21% of the sales is kinda weird. This is not bound to one specific artist (playing on fake database currently) I see this kinda with every one. I put an example down as a screenshot. Like its seen this artist after asking her manager wants those numbers & royalties. Now when I look at the reputation like seen in the second screenshot its rather low, the highest being in north america with 15 in mexico when checking for individual numbers.

Now when I try to give this artist a little less royalties for lets say a much more bigger sum of upfront cash (still unrealistic for a label to pay someone that much for being that unknown) I get declined.

In numbers that means:

Artist asked for 21% royalties, I countered with 15% (which is still high) + 500.000$ upfront cash instead of 119.238$ which she asked for and get declined anyway..by an barely known artist  ;D

I assume this is not easy to tweak like some minor bugs but it would be nice if something would be done to make the process a little more realistic based on the artists reputation.

Ok thats real info love it. I'll have a look.

The manager will push for more if high greed on artist and also if manager is like that. Looks a bit OTT though.