Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Back Catalogue

Guest EnterTheNameHere

Guest EnterTheNameHere

Hello,

isn't 4 or 5 months for single to "leave the market" too soon? I'm not used to singles (nothing like that exist in my country) or back catalogue-ing. I think the printed CDs stock should be allowed to be sold even after back catalogue-ing, just disallow printing of more CDs.

Another alternative, which is more realistic with all the re-releases lately, is to pricing up re-printing/distribution of CDs, so player has to think about the amount of stock ordered on initial release (however the game should reasonably help with the amount to new players - now it's not that good and it over/undershoots the amount). Digital sales should probably too be continuous, just with a little numbers sold after initial hype.

This could open opportunities like when artist/band retires or it's anniversary when the demand for copies will rise and player might make money on reprinting.

The reason this was introduced was due to processing of data.

Example.

Database of 400 live acts, release around 3 singles a year with album.

After 10 years thats 12000 individual sales being created for 130+ countries across physical cd and digital along with all the small stuff in the process. So I decided to limit it as much as I realistically could, so instead of a cd selling 100 copies it ultimately drops off the sales.

Now with the new database slowly being integrated this will change there will probably be no releases which will ever be stop sold as its very powerful but this would only happen once I move artist/Band and all release information over to it, this is a very big task that isnt happening yet.

So its all down to process speed ultimately and this was my way of trying to make it real in the process.

Guest EnterTheNameHere

I've noticed you have intriguing data storage, when I was trying to find out why one of my bands write 5-15 score songs when they wrote 70-95 score before and how revenue from concert is computed. BTW I haven't noticed any too long processing of data (Core2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz, 4GB RAM, 64bit Win 8.1, SSD), so your limit probably works perfectly...

Good luck with the new database engine(-:

A good computer will perform fine but I have to consider lower spec machines and I use VM's to test this out.