Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Band Genres/Formation

Guest ThayneCBrown

Guest ThayneCBrown

Can creating your own band formations be a thing?

I wanted to create a hip-hop band using:

1 Rapper

1 Guitar

1 Bass

1 Drummer

What about be able to create any type of formation through the editor?

Guest EnterTheNameHere

I think the best approach is to not set limits or requirements on number of "positions" a band need to fill. It requires more planning in game design, so it might not be implemented easily right now, but it would reflect real bands that don't always fit these templates.

The only limit the game has is max of 5/6 artists in a band. Ive added a load of new instrument/role types.

The only restriction is what has been inputted into the editor, so be it 1 singer, 1 dj etc

I'll see if I can remember to post whats in the new editor a bit later

I think the best approach is to not set limits or requirements on number of "positions" a band need to fill. It requires more planning in game design, so it might not be implemented easily right now, but it would reflect real bands that don't always fit these templates.

Like The Pogues, they have 8 members currently.

So the reason for the limitation is down to how many actually need more than the limit is. I could increase it but there are other factors involved.

The database has a restriction to it so if lets just say as a stupid example but one to get the point across.

The game has 100 bands, average band size is 5

500 artists from the artist pool are used.

Now in 1.2 I introduce a new database a much much more powerful one but the artists and bands are not in it just yet and the reason for it is due to the large amount of time to migrate this code, ive moved a lot and that took a long time, artists and bands is a whole another level. The benefit of doing it later however is there is virtually no limit to how many artists there can be and there will be next to no speed increase, in fact I would predict a very big speed improvement.

Current list of band combo's in 1.2

DJ & Singer

2 Piece Rap Group

3 Piece Rap Group

3x Pop Group

4x Pop Group

5x Pop Group

1x Singer 1x Guitarist 1x Bassist 1x Drummer

1x Singer 1x Guitarist 1x Drummer

1x Singer 1x Guitarist 1x Bassist 1x Drummer 1x Keyboard

1x Singer 1x Guitarist 1x Bassist 1x Keyboard

1x Singer 2x Guitarist 1x Bassist 1x Drummer

1x Singer 1x Bassist 1x Drummer

1x Singer 1x Bassist 1x Piano

1x Singer 1x Bassist 1x Piano 1x Guitarist

1x Singer 1x Bassist 1x Piano 1x Synthesizer

1x Singer 1x Bassist 1x Synthesizer

Instrument/skills

Singer

Drummer

Rapper

DJ

Bassist

Guitarist

Piano

Saxophone

Trumpet

Banjo

Cello

Violin

Synthesizer

• 1 year later...

It would be cool if we could start Dance Groups (like kpop and jpop ones) in which artists don't play instruments and instead of having guitarists, drummers and bassists they have main vocalist, lead vocalist (2nd in the vocal line), vocalists (rest of vocal line), main rapper and lead rapper.

• 1 month later...

I can add those easy enough. Will likely be tomorrows patch however as im gonna do some work on the editor.

Slightly off topic, but would it be possible to add the ability to preset some relationships in the editor? I know we can create marriage and relationships on that level but it would be cool to give friendship relationships between artist and writers, other artist and producers. Would also be nice to preset favorite studios.