Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

CD production: Macro-management vs Micro-management

Guest Daggetd

Guest Daggetd

Hey. I picked this game up a couple of days ago and I was instantly hooked. However, I eventually reached a point in a game that made me quit playing.

Before I go on about this I'd like to establish that I enjoy micro management. I love going into the details of the company i'm running and fine tuning all the different aspects of how my company is run, even if it is just a simple slider.

This can, however, reach a point where it becomes tedious.

The tedium in this case is micro managing how many CDs of a single is produced. I stopped playing because I reached a point in my game where every week i would go through ALL my artists singles, clicking through the sub-menus until I could check how much stock was left, and then order more because apparently my marketing team thought shipping 80k units to NA was enough.

What i'm suggesting is someway to automate this process by hiring someone to do it. Something like "Oh you sold X number of units in the UK in a week? How about I order some more for you" or maybe something where i specify to keep at least 10k units in stock and if the number falls below that, order X more. (X being a value the player inputs).

Anyway, it's a great game. It's annoying that it has this simple thing bugging me.

((Also is there a way I can donate to you over paypal?))

Thanks for the feedback its obviously useful for me.

I am currently at this stage in the 1.2 development and am considering ways around making it such a long process. Its possible for me to make it automated but I am also changing the way you do it manually. The big difference is there is now around 130 countries instead of 4 regions so to make it simplier is one hell of a task.

I'll do my best to make it better hopefully you will be happy with the results.

When I release the alpha to a select group ill ask them to give opinions on this area and am more than willing to change it to suit the players requirements.

As for a donation. If you arent enjoying a part of the game then I am not doing a good enough job for one. Ive never accepted a donation simply because its not required. As it stands all I want is people to play and enjoy it for free, its a hobby of mine outside the stress of work.

So thanks for feedback and if you have more then let me know im interested to read it.

Guest marktebbutt

Personally, I think that is a great idea! The game is great as it is but if this is added then it will be even better. Keep up the good work, Mark!

Guest Daggetd

Thanks for the reply! and don't get me wrong, I probably put 30+ hours into the game over the weekend. I'm definitely enjoying this game and I believe it's one of better text-based-management games out there. If I saw this game on steam for 10 dollars, i'll admit i'd be hesitant to buy unless I had access to a demo. But if I did buy it, I would be happy with my purchase.

I'm not sure if you're in a position to re-write it like this. But is it possible to simply have a global inventory and let contracted/owned regional distributors handle it from there?

Also I'm looking forward to the addition of online income sources. I don't know much about the music industry, but it would be interesting to see what percentage of their income comes from the online space, and i'm looking forward to the game reflecting this.

You know im glad I reread this as I completely missed what you was asking for. I'll put it down to being unwell...anyway enough excuses.

I think this is a good idea ill add to my todo list. In respect to your marketing department ordering more stock.