Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Danielle Price

arloandpeeks

The Naked Era (1998)

Danielle Price (born 27th december 1982) is a pop/rnb star from London, UK. She begun her career in 1998, with her debut single "Take Away The Sun (feat. Nelly Furtado). It was released on 27th April 1998 and sold 194,000 first week copies. It charted at #4 on the UK charts. She went ahead to release her debut solo album "Naked" on the 11th May 1998. Naked was a pop record with 11 tracks on it. Naked was a critical and commercial success, debuting with 268,000 first week sales topping the charts in the UK and charting at #2 worldwide (only to be beaten by Cardi B). "Emotion" was dropped as the first promotional single from the album on the 18th May 1998. It was released as a digital only promotion at 0.69$. Emotion wasn't as successful as first hoped and sold 49,000 first week copies. It charted at an abysmal #50 in the UK which may have been due to the lack of promotion surrounding the single. Danielle decided to focus on the next couple of months promoting the album. "I Want Us Back" was released as the second single from the album on the 10th August 1998. The song was announced on the 18th June 1998 and given a long promotional period. "I Want Us Back" was Danielle's biggest hit so far with 342,000 first week sales. It debuted at #2 in the UK. On the 19th August 1998, Danielle confirmed "The I Want Us Back Tour" was going ahead in November. On the 1st September 1998, Danielle confirmed the Naked era would be over after the release of the title track "Naked". "Naked" was released on the 5th October 1998 with a B-Side "Sassy". "Naked" became Danielle's first #1 Single of her career in the UK and sold 345,000 first week copies.

Charting

Naked (Album) - 11th May 1998

UK: #1

Australia: #2

US: #2

Take Away The Sun (feat. Nelly Furtado) - Single - 27th April 1998

UK: #4

Australia: #20

US: #19

Emotion (Promo Mix) - Single - 18th May 1998

UK: #50

Australia: #95

US: #151

I Want Us Back - Single - 10th August 1998

Australia: #19

US: #16

Naked - Single - 5th October

Australia: #11

US: #11

Edited by arloandpeeks

The I Am Era (1999-2001) - Part 1

Danielle confirmed a new era had dawned and her new album "Warrior" would be out in the spring of 1999. She released "Falling For You" on 10th May 1999 as the lead single from her upcoming sophomore album. It debuted with 631,000 sales and topped the charts across Europe. She released "I Am" as her second single on the 5th July 1999 and it debuted with a massive 654,000 first week sales making it her biggest hit to date. She confirmed the release of her sophomore album now with the title "I Am" to be released on 2nd August 1999. "I Am" was a huge success going #1 globally and selling 511,000 first week sales. She then released two promo digital only singles. "Warrior" was the first of the promo singles, released on the 9th August 1999. It sold 166,000 first week sales and peaked at #10 on the UK charts. "Always Be Mine" was the second promo single and was released on the 23rd August 1999, it sold 165,000 first week and charted at #8 in the UK. 

Danielle paused album promotion until the new year as she began working on a Christmas EP. "Love From Christmas" was confirmed as the title and given a release date of the 6th December 1999. The single of the same name was dropped on the 22nd November 1999 and sold 532,000 first week sales. The EP debuted a top of the UK charts and sold 233,000 first week sales. Danielle said that she planned to do more Christmas projects (hinting at a Christmas tour) but promo for the EP was over and focus was back on "I Am" and the tour that was going to accompany the album.

In February 2000, Danielle confirmed the next single from "I Am" would finally be released after nearly 8 months of little promo. "Thunder" was confirmed as that single and was given a release date of the 27th March 2000. Upon this announcement she said she had no plans on releasing a new album for at least the next 6-12 months. "I Am" was nominated for two Grammys but won neither. "Thunder" debuted with 614,000 sales making it the least successful single off the album so far (not including the promo singles). The I Am Arena Tour was confirmed for June 2000 in Europe and Asia. She was nominated for 3 Brits but won nothing again despite being a heavy favourite to do a clean sweep.

The deluxe edition was teased for the end of the year...