Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Game freezes during auto save

mesail

I’ve had two games now freeze when it tries to auto save. Both have been played for a long time (in the 2030s). They both freeze at 3% on the auto save after trying to simulate a week. The first time it happened I never noticed any prior issues. However with this second game that’s stuck, I noticed in-week game simulations would take a little bit longer than usually and the load time when first booting the save would take longer than usual. I’m not sure what’s wrong.

My game is doing the exact same thing! Although, not in the 2030’s, it’s very early in the game. I started in 2021september, and by February 2022, it’s already taking hours! To simulate just one week!

What size databases are you using? I've come to figure out that the largest size just isn't a good idea, but I'm about as far into the game as you are Toby without any of those problems. Also, how good are your computers as that would matter too. Quite possibly, you might want to check your hard drive space on the drive your game is on as I'm sure the database is increasing every week with it decreasing ever so slightly every week too but after it increases. But any specific info will help Mark whenever he dives back in to fixing the game.

I will check for all of these when i get back home, I usually play the large database, but I also started a small and very small database games differently and still encountered the same problem