Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Problems with albums charts

markparken

Hi,

For the past few days, I have had some problems with the album charts. In the dedicated tab, nothing is updated. Among all the artists and bands, the highest positions are at 0 and concerning the positions of the previous week as well as the current one, we are at more than 200 while albums have just been released and should be in the top 10 according to sales. Could you please help me, thanks.

Mark

Just to make sure you're aware, all chart and sales totals are done on Mondays. So, you'll have no change to them from Monday through Sunday. So, if it got released on the 1st, you get no data until the 8th for example, and the charts will be the same from the 1st. Also, when you start the game, there are no songs or albums out for quite awhile so the game sort of generates some so the game doesn't crash when you look at it (I'm guessing that's the reason). One last thing is that for whatever reason you have to look at the individual country's charts to get rankings. If you go to the continent charts, they'll be listed in order but it'll be N/A for most of the data.

I did want to also note that I had some weirdness with EPs not showing up in the album chart, but if you looked at the sales data and hit the chart screen in it, they showed up just fine. It went away after a day or two. So, an album would be 6th on that screen but nowhere to be seen in the individual country chart screen. But my subsequent EPs have all worked fine.

On 8/12/2021 at 3:09 AM, kysmartman said:

Just to make sure you're aware, all chart and sales totals are done on Mondays. So, you'll have no change to them from Monday through Sunday. So, if it got released on the 1st, you get no data until the 8th for example, and the charts will be the same from the 1st. Also, when you start the game, there are no songs or albums out for quite awhile so the game sort of generates some so the game doesn't crash when you look at it (I'm guessing that's the reason). One last thing is that for whatever reason you have to look at the individual country's charts to get rankings. If you go to the continent charts, they'll be listed in order but it'll be N/A for most of the data.

I did want to also note that I had some weirdness with EPs not showing up in the album chart, but if you looked at the sales data and hit the chart screen in it, they showed up just fine. It went away after a day or two. So, an album would be 6th on that screen but nowhere to be seen in the individual country chart screen. But my subsequent EPs have all worked fine.

I know there is no change during the week. Every Monday, there’s no change in the world rankings as in the rankings for individual countries and the albums I leave do not really rank. I don’t have a high position (they are all 0) and the recent positions are about 200 for albums supposed to be 1 or 2 weeks ago, for example. Sorry for my English, I'm French, I'll put a screenshot of one of the problems I have to get better understood 😊

When you go to your artist's single or album page, are you getting sales? What does the chart tab show (you have to switch to different continents and hit select for it to switch)? Again, I had that problem with the EPs upon release (never singles though), and doing that eventually fixed the charts. You say that your artists aren't that high. Do you mean they're all at 0-2 reputation (basically popularity) across the globe? Are other artists with other labels releasing singles and albums? It does take a few weeks for new stuff to start up just because writing the songs, then recording the songs, and releasing the singles takes roughly 3-4 weeks with albums taking 6-8 weeks. But if this is 2 months in, you should have stuff showing up. Screenshots will definitely help.