Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Album Sales Suddenly Tanking?

cdawds70

So, two if my artists, 100 Rep in N America and in Europe, release albums after multi-million sales of previous albums, suddenly just arent selling.  Doing all the same activities, but there is no hype in the hype meters for the releases?  Multiple appearances on shows, selling out stadiums on the tours, just not selling product.

I've experimented with this for a while now, and what I've seen is that for albums, you have to keep promoting everyday for at least a month before it's release in order to see significant increases in the hype. This way, by its release date, the hype bar would have been either full or extremely close to the end.

The same is not true for singles though, it's still a mystery to me. I can't seem to raise the hype beyond 10-20% of the hype bar. 

THanks for the help, I will play with that.  It seems that the more I promote, obviously, I do see a slight increase in sales, but there is nothing showing up in the hype meter.  Now My artist hype meter is full, but of my two artists in question, their first album sold 3+M out of the gate with no artist hype, solid promo and constant touring, and the singles both sold less than 500k, 2nd album is just selling over 1+million but no hype in the meter after solid promotions... but the tours are sold out.   In contrast, the 2nd artist was chosen for winter olympics and that single was full hype meter.... with nothing done from my end...

So, follow up, third band has hype meter 3/4's full, but sales are really anemic.... 35k/week for single released less than 49 days ago and about 5249 this week for album released 175 days ago with the same hype meter.  but the tour once again is selling out.  Makes no sense.