Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Some Suggestions!

mesail

Hi @Mark, I’ve been playing for a few weeks and I have a few suggestions. Not sure if any of these are already planned to be in an update, but I just wanted to make a list.

Also I manipulated a couple friends into playing the game! One of them said she’s played for a six hour session once!

1.) A way to sort songs on the “Release a Single” page, by filtering by album or by the year that it was produced. I’ve noticed that songs are sorted based on when they were written. Songs that were written a while ago but recently released on an album or EP are listed higher than songs that were written later but on the same project.

Also maybe a way to sort or filter songs by album or year when making a set list for tours? My marketing always suggests their best songs instead of their more recent material. 

2.) Hype for singles to build up hype for their respective album. I’ve noticed the hype system keeps hype for singles and albums exclusive. My artist had an album that was full on the hype meter but the singles had no hype at all.

3.) Choosing the songs that get performed on shows so that those specific songs build hype. Usually hype just builds for whatever the latest single that is scheduled and I tend to have many releases set up over months. So the single that’s set a year from now builds all the hype and none of the singles scheduled sooner get hype.

4.) A way to go back into the studio to rewrite an unproduced song, including songs that were purchased, and adding writing credit for whoever rewrote or reworked it. Maybe the lyrics stat could go up or even down depending on the ability of the person or people that rewrote it?

5.) An option to let a featured artist write their own verse or part on my artist’s song, giving the featured artist songwriting credit.

6.) A way to multiselect songs on the Song Database tab. I have a lot of unsused, unproduced songs that I want to sell but it takes a lot of time to individually sell them.

7.) An email for when a song that is up for sale by my artist gets sold? Not sure if this is already a thing but I haven’t gotten one for songs I’ve sold. I think it would be cool to know what artist it sold to, and to look up their latest project and see my artist’s songwriting credit. And this could even build reputation and hype for my artist because of their song writing credit.

8.) Not sure if this is a bug? But I’ve noticed that when an artist or band goes on hiatus, anything that’s already scheduled to release does get released. I think the released should be postponed, with an option to cancel the release all together.

Maybe even a way to cancel or postpone releases, even if the artist or band is still active / not on hiatus.

9.) My friends are also suggesting a tutorial for when they first start a game? Not sure if this is a thing.

Thank you for all the hard work you put into the game! I can tell some of these suggestions are going to need a lot of code before being implemented, if it’s possible.

I hope you’re having a good week, Mark

On 4/22/2021 at 8:57 PM, mesail said:

ALSO, one of my friends suggested simpler UI? But I think you mentioned the UI is getting an update?

New UI will come in version 2. Im still working on 1.3 so that wont be for a while yet.

All suggestions noted and ill see what I can do. I am building a new board of suggestions for verison 2 also.

• Like 2