Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Album Tracks Charting

MrDash

I know that due to our previous experience, you've decided to limit the charting to only 2 album tracks per album to prevent too much of album tracks flooding the singles chart. I noticed that the 100th song in the US chart has 20,000 sales which require roughly 3,000,000 US streams (no CD or digital sales included), which means that at least 6,000,000 or more worldwide streams are required (assuming that 40-50% of worldwide streams are coming from the US). Based on this calculation, all of the tracks from my album have more than enough streams to enter the singles chart. So, it feels unfair that they're not charting since they're eligible here.

But I also understand that if you change here, every other album tracks from all albums will enter the main singles charts like crazy. Therefore, I suggest that the requirement for album tracks to enter the singles chart should be raised higher, meaning greater streams to sales ratio (not using the 1: 150, maybe 1:1250 or something). But the limit of two per album should be removed in my opinion cause these days some artists even debut their entire album in the singles charts.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2021 at 4:00 AM, MrDash said:

I know that due to our previous experience, you've decided to limit the charting to only 2 album tracks per album to prevent too much of album tracks flooding the singles chart. I noticed that the 100th song in the US chart has 20,000 sales which require roughly 3,000,000 US streams (no CD or digital sales included), which means that at least 6,000,000 or more worldwide streams are required (assuming that 40-50% of worldwide streams are coming from the US). Based on this calculation, all of the tracks from my album have more than enough streams to enter the singles chart. So, it feels unfair that they're not charting since they're eligible here.

But I also understand that if you change here, every other album tracks from all albums will enter the main singles charts like crazy. Therefore, I suggest that the requirement for album tracks to enter the singles chart should be raised higher, meaning greater streams to sales ratio (not using the 1: 150, maybe 1:1250 or something). But the limit of two per album should be removed in my opinion cause these days some artists even debut their entire album in the singles charts.

In the UK (not sure about other counties), the same issue happened in real life with Ed sheerhan. All of his album songs were really high in the charts, so the official charts company decided to introduce a rule that only 3 album songs can be in the charts at any given time. (The highest charting ones first). So in the game you could pretent that this is the case 🤣🤣

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Scotland2013 said:

In the UK (not sure about other counties), the same issue happened in real life with Ed sheerhan. All of his album songs were really high in the charts, so the official charts company decided to introduce a rule that only 3 album songs can be in the charts at any given time. (The highest charting ones first). So in the game you could pretent that this is the case 🤣🤣

Maybe in this game, the US and UK charts should be given extra conditions/rules for charting in order to mimic the real life situation. I'm okay with charts from the rest of the countries being as it is, it's the US chart that really bugs me lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Mark said:

The game limits the number using the UK rule. It takes the top 3 and allows those to chart.

Top 3? I've released 4 albums so far in a span of 5 years and I've only noticed two album tracks coming up on the singles charts every single time, not three. 

Additionally, I see that tracks with higher streams are not charting in the singles list but the lesser streamed ones are charting instead.

• 1 month later...

In reference to this, it would be good that when a song from an album comes out as a single, the previous streams count in its total sales and also its history chart appears.

• 9 months later...
On 5/25/2021 at 1:03 PM, rubenmaraj said:

In reference to this, it would be good that when a song from an album comes out as a single, the previous streams count in its total sales and also its history chart appears.

Yes this would be great. I think for this to work, the game would have to save streaming sales for every single album song just incase you would release it as a single. I'm not sure if this would be possible with the amount of songs/artists there are and the amount of data it creates. @Mark would be able to comment on this better. However, if its was a problem to have every artists data saved; maybe the data could only save you the players artists and not for AI artists. This would allow the gameplay but reduce data storage. 

I like the idea @rubenmaraj 👍