Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

About streams, sales and reputation

bright95

I have observed that some artists get some great hits in countries where the reputation is extremely low (example: delta goodrem debuted a single at # 1 in Brazil, but its reputation is 1). It would be nice if there was more "resistance" for artists with a low reputation.

Another thing is about streams. I already change the sales for each country but still some countries have very low numbers for streams. A few examples: the number 1 in Mexico is doing 2.5 million streams, in Brazil, 2 million, in Colombia, less then 1 million, but these countries actually make bigger numbers just with spotify, and besides spotify they have other great platforms like Deezer for Brazil, and Apple Music itself.  another thing that I realized but didn't notice yet is different in the last patch is that the album streams looked like random numbers, and not the sum of the streams of each track, as it happens in reality.

To conclude, I think it would be better to have a reduction in digital sales, but mainly in physical sales (mainly for singles), because today only great artists sell a number of considered physical albums / singles, the vast majority of revenue comes from streams 

I'll put some examples of Spotify Charts from countries that I believe would need an increase in streams  (https://spotifycharts.com/regional/br/weekly/latest)

image.thumb.png.746f7c2408189ee5265b9a8048a579cf.png

image.thumb.png.595ecfec348b988ee2d4bb39060a1da0.png

image.thumb.png.add6c075fefc659d6c8094d7ba279767.png

image.thumb.png.9cccf7d976266b227c83c280b387cbaf.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...