Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums

Welcome to The Road 2 Success Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of The Road 2 Success Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

some things i thought of

MiceyPicey

Game:

1. In the new UI, it should have more of an office feel, the home screen would be social media and actions from other labels, and then a ''My Office'' tab which would have most of the relevant actions the player can take. It'd be nice to have all artist and bands displayed in one tab and filters between talent depending on what they're currently doing like, ''Idle'', ''Recording'', and ''Touring'' so we don't have to keep going through all of them individually to see what they're doing.

2. Still in the ''My Office'' tab, I would love for there to be a side panel that displays the upcoming and latest releases by artists, this is very important for players that sign a lot of artist but only manually manage a few of them, it's get hard to keep track of what the AI is doing.

3. One simple screen to assign the AI to automatically manage talent instead of having to go through them individually.

4. Another tab in ''My Office'' that displays artists whose contract is about to expire, artists who are unhappy with the label, etc.

5. ''Pending Decisions'', a tab which will have just about every single possible decision that we the CEO needs to make. This could automatically pop up after every weekly sim or it could be somewhere in ''My Office''.

6. When booking a tour, the player can have the option to hire a live band, use the track, or prerecorded live instruments.

7. Random events that can force the player to have to cancel tour dates... or even the entire tour.

Database/Editor

1. Labels can have logos

2. Award Shows

- Nominations being announced weeks in advance from the award show.

- Awards have a limit to how many people can be nominated for them, they can have reputations.

- This one comes straight from MWE:

Criteria's for how artists wins awards such as Popularity, Sales, Quality, Creativity, Mainstream, Urban, Ability, Live, and Sex Appeal.

I really like the criteria element because it can make the game more realistic and reflect award shows in a more realistic tone to reflect how they pick award winners, For example, iHeart Radio Music Awards mainly pick winners based on their popularity rather than sales and the quality of the song/album. And for awards like ''Artist of the Year'', are usually determined by the Popularity, Sex Appeal, and Mainstream of the artist.

3. Festivals/New way to schedule them and award shows

- Can have up to 40 acts 

- Should have a region based location such as Mid West, so that the AI doesn't pick venues outside specific areas.

- Can have more than two dates

- Also from MWE, the way the game is set up over there, it looks for months and weeks instead of a specific date like R2S. This allows it to have more of an organic feeling.

image.png.cf6563ca53ffba5e25651eb0abe662ef.png

In the screenshot, where the dates are it tells the game to host Coachella in April on 6 dates that fall on the weekend, and allows it to change to a venue that's on the west region of America. Coachella itself has a 92 reputation, but in order for them to invite an artist, that artist needs to have at least a reputation of 15 before they're invited to perform.

k i'll update this post/thread as my brain thinks of other things soon

Edited by MiceyPicey
  • Like 4

I'll share some info on the New UI once I have some concepts. Dont expect miracles I cannot afford to spend thousand £ on components, this game already has cost me a few thousand £ im not prepared to spend more.